Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n

My mom is following the weight watchers plan and she was telling me that fruit does not cost them points so she can eat as much as she wants I said I thought that was very odd as fruit is high in calories and sugar but she said that you cannot get fat eating fruit so what do you think?
I'm in agreement with mom on this one. I rarely stop myself from eating fruits or veggies. Usually, you get tired of them before they can amount to a damaging amount of calories when left in their natural form... (except for Mike's ability to eat 10 pounds of broccoli at one sitting... )
Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Time to stop lurking... for a while

Hi All,

Now's a good time to start setting some goals, dos, and don'ts for myself as we head into the holidays (thanks for the reminder, ahhem). I often get kind of schizo this time of year trying to accomplish everything and once and not really getting anything done. So with your help I'll start with a list and just run through priorities:

Diet and fitness:
1.) 2 pieces of fruit every day
2.) 1 quart of water (just plain water) everyday. Coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count
3.) Protein @40%
4.) Carbs @ 30%
5.) No white foods including rice, potatoes, or bread
6.) Limit beer and wine to 1 glass with dinner

Home, work & life:
1.) Order DH Christmas & B'day gifts (his is the 26th the poor guy)
2.) Try 1 new recipe this week
3.) Clip the kitty's claws (hate this chore, probably more than they hate it)
4.) Pay bills including the Property Taxes - yikes!
5.) Finish 2 remaining study plans for this year's research
6.) Remain faithful to the plan over the weekend
7.) Be kind to crabby people.

Things have been going pretty well for me the last few months, but we all know how hard it is to maintain self discipline from Thanksgiving to New Years, so I am hoping to get good habits in place before all hell breaks lose!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
No white foods including rice, potatoes, or bread
I am just curious, but why no white foods?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the side Pam.

Originally Posted by ChibiSub
I am just curious, but why no white foods?
Either b/c it's worse for you b/c of it's simple carbs or she's prejudiced. J/K
Old 11-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I'm in agreement with mom on this one. I rarely stop myself from eating fruits or veggies. Usually, you get tired of them before they can amount to a damaging amount of calories when left in their natural form... (except for Mike's ability to eat 10 pounds of broccoli at one sitting... )
That's 180 pounds, get it straight. See I try to limit my fruit and when I do eat it it's usually during the day or in the evening AFTER a workout when my body needs the sugar boost. maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Welcome to the side Pam.

Either b/c it's worse for you b/c of it's simple carbs or she's prejudiced. J/K
The only white foods that I can think of that are worth the calories are cauliflower and fish.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

I SWEAR TO GOD THAT I CAN SCREAM, I'M HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES AGAIN! This happens right as I'm writing a policy. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-14-2011, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone!
In an attempt to improve my going to bed routine I will be posting here earlier and not almost at midnight, which means I report the next morning.

This week I will be extra good Monday thru Friday as I have a big celebration on Saturday so... all food goals do not apply for that day.

Goals.

1. Under 1200 calories M-F. Sunday 1400.
2. Water 3 liters every day.
3. Exercise 4 times M-F
4. Additional daily squats
5. Stay away from cheese
6. Stay away from baked goods
7. Take vitamins
8. Go to sleep before midnight
9. Clean my inbox.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, you are right! WE will not gain any weight over the holidays! Wherever the mind goes the body will follow!

Mike, 4 pounds is awesome! You can do this! Sorry to hear about your computer problems.

Quinn, also a great job on the 3 pounds. Its tough when you don't feel like doing the whole holiday season thing, maybe start out with the simple things and you can go from there.

Cassie, you can lose that pound and a half this week. You had a great week last time and I can still read your determination so keep at it.

ChibiSub, excellent goals! I have heard good things about the zigzagging, I might try it very soon.

April, I am sorry you are stressed and sad, but you need to believe that things will work out for the best. I understand that as a mother you don't want to see your kids go through difficult times but this too shall pass. Try focusing on the things you can control that will slowly start to make you feel better. A big hug to you.

Darlene, excellent progress on your xmas chores. Thank you for your support on my high calorie day and congrats on being in the 140s. About the WWs fruit thing, I agree with Quinn, I think eventhough they can be a lot of calories in a piece of fruit most people cannot eat THAT many fruit in day that would severely alter their total calories. Thinking about my "orange binge" last week even that was only around 200 calories so its not bad really. I guess when someone is trying to control sugar levels then thats a different story but for people just watching portions and calories they are ok.

Pam, nice to read you and nice goals! Hope to see you around all the holiday season.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
The only white foods that I can think of that are worth the calories are cauliflower and fish.
And I'm not a big fan of cauliflower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.