Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy? >

Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy?

Community
Notices

Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy?

Old 03-02-2010, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
sweetie here's a BIG ((HUG)) for you. I could have written what you just did back in 2008. It's hard. My ex was very much the same way, with one difference. In the end he didn't love me. That & he was emotionally, verbally abusive. I was killing myself by eating BUT to prove to him that i was in control. i had to be in control over something so i was going to be in control of my weight. plus i used food to stuff down my feelings of self-worth. then i got tired of feeling crappy & lost the weight. you know what he still pushed me away even after i lost 183 lbs. now don't panic i'm not saying your husband will do the same. i'm sure he's scared seeing someone he loves hurting themselves & he's just not sure how to put it into words. honey he's scared of losing you. BUT please make sure you are losing the weight for yourself. he'll get the benefits hint hint. as you feel more in control i would share with him how that hurt you. good luck you are on the right path.
Stacy thank you so very much for that reply. I don't know what the future will hold for us but I am going to take control the one way I can and lose this weight. It's good to know that there are other people out there that are going through or have gone throught the same feelings of hurt and it helps to know it can be done.
Janie
Old 03-03-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jam461962
Stacy thank you so very much for that reply. I don't know what the future will hold for us but I am going to take control the one way I can and lose this weight. It's good to know that there are other people out there that are going through or have gone throught the same feelings of hurt and it helps to know it can be done.
Janie
Well I say think positively being negative & stressing out will only set back your weight loss anyways. Losing weight is a GREAT way to take control. I gained as a way of getting back at my ex-husband who was treating me badly & he was controlling in ALL aspects, but like i said one day i woke up & was just tired of feeling crappy. he blamed all problems we had on my weight so fine i lost it & all the problems were there that's when i realized the problem was HIM!!!! you are on the right path & taking control this way will leave you in better health. i'm sure things will work out . your right it helps to know you are not alone.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Janie-you have to do this for YOU-because YOU want it. Don't make it about him or about revenge or about anything else. Do this for yourself. You have noone else to please. The sexy is yours to own. When you are down and frustrated (and you will be, we all are) come to the computer instead of the kitchen. We've got your back
Old 03-03-2010, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

yup lizzy said it perfectly it's about you!!!! you'll get your sexy back & then some!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

I saw the title of this thread and immediately identified with it. I started reading and after I read the first few pages I noticed how looooong the the entire thread was! Wow.. soo many folks feeling this way... count me in too! I'm ready to get my old self back!

Sharon
Old 03-13-2010, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default sharonpn

I am with you. I saw the thread and was like... WOW that is so me. Then I saw how many pages and got pretty sad. We all feel so unsexy. But after reading a few pages I saw how empowered everyone was to get their sexy back!!!! I am always back and forth - at times I'm like - HEY, there are some very sexy overweight women out there and I should be able to feel sexy too! But then I look at myself in the mirror... and... arggghhhhh... I know that after 2 kids and breastfeeding for a combined total of 15 months (droopy bewbies) I will NEVER look like I did in my 20s, but still. I feel like two-ton tessa and that is the last thing that makes me want to get it on in the bedroom. I get so scared sometimes that my lack of sex-drive is going to drive my WONDERFUL husband away. He's a great guy- smart, intelligent, sexy, great body (works out at least 5 times a week) and I feel like a total slob standing next to him. I just want to get back to a shape where I feel like he's not out of my league. Is that strange?
Old 03-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

ROFL at "droopy bewbies," oh my! (if you have read thru the thread you know I am unashamedly envious of those who have enough to droop ).

Welcome to cgarrison. The good news is that you don't need to get all the way to your goal weight to start feeling sexy again. Once you start taking steps to watch what you eat and exercise, your improved health takes on a sexiness all its own. That will give you more confidence and help your self-esteem, which is in itself attractive to men. Try to find what you feel good about with yourself and play it up till you get comfortable with the rest of you. You can do it!!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Cgarrison I'm sure you're husband finds you absolutely amazingly awesome! You wouldn't stop loving him if he didn't always look his very best right? Actually, I kinda know how you feel ... my husband is very particular about his appearance ...when we go places it takes him longer to get ready than me. It use to make me feel insecure but than I thought ...it was kind of his hang up if he had to go through all that just to feel comfortable in public...his mom must have done a job on him ha-ha! Obviously if your guy is all that then he also thinks you're too. Be the change you want! Find what is beautiful about you whether it's your eyes, hair , smile etc. We are all beautiful!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

CJohnson,
Great advice you gave cgarrison! I got away from the whole diet/exercise thing for awhile gained back a few pounds having trouble getting back with the diet part but I'm still working out. Trying to be kind to myself since work has been stressful lately...I mean sometimes a girls best friend just happens to be Dark Chocolate ha-ha! Anyways, I'm back and glad to see everyone else is still here. How is everything going for you?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Wow!!

This forum has really opened my eyes and made me realise there are others out ther just like me.
Ive always wanted to feel sexy on the outside as i do inside. Its like im trapped in this fat. Although i did feel sexier after losing my first 3 stone it seems to have disappeared but i think this is because ive not lost any weight since January and put on half a stone. That though i promise is going as is the last 24lbs i want to shed before september.
I would like to feel sexy without my best clothes and makeup on because i feel like a frumpy mum monday-friday. I must admit though i do lose myself at times with my partner cos he makes me feel like the best woman around-when i let him!!!!!! My confidence just isnt where i want it at moment.
My self esteem and body image is at an all time low and i cant even bare to look in the mirror. I dont see sexy even if im feeling it.
Ive never been able to wear the sexy underwear sets but i dream of it one day then the fiance wont know whats hit him!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.