Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 10-18-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

The problem with curling is usually I can't sleep after it. I belong to a rural women's club and it's all about the fun although a few of them are good curlers. Still not doing well on my day to day exercise however i am doing my morning yoga and sauna. Soon as my reno stress is gone I'll get back to the Y. Mary
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Did some serious free weights today, and feel powerful. Then spent too long in the locker room, in interesting discussions!

Have a good day!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Mind exercise and talking is important too! Does scraping wallpaper off walls and painting count. If so I put in two hours of exercise. I had to patch the mortar around my fieldstone fireplace and of course the new didn't match. I painted it with a colour called "spider's web" which seems appropriate for my house. Mary
Old 10-20-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

I think you can count scraping walls Mary.

Today was a run, 40 minutes, 4.1 miles - not a personal best, but I made it more challenging by increasing the tilt.

Tomorrow, I spin.

Abby
Old 10-20-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Been out for two 45 minute walks, travelled about 6 miles total. Also did 3 circuits of free weights.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MonkeyDave19
Been out for two 45 minute walks, travelled about 6 miles total. Also did 3 circuits of free weights.
Well done Dave. Has exercise been a part of your life for a while, or are you just starting out?
Old 10-20-2011, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Still being a slackard. I'm looking after 9 year old twins this weekend so we will likely be active. Mary
Old 10-20-2011, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome MonkeyDave, in my part of the world (New England) this is the most amazing time to walk, and I hope to do some tomorrow with nephews.

Today I spun, I find myself hoarding energy at the beginning of class - I think I'll try not to - if I can't go up one more gear, so be it, but don't go any lower than you need to.

I did find that it motivates me out of bed to know I've got class waiting for me.

Have great weekends!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I know what you mean about hoarding energy. I do that too sometimes. I think that it is a survival strategy we have to prepare for the unknown coming next. But in a exercise class or a run we usually have a good idea of what physical demands are so I have to make an effort to overcome that instinct.

Hit a new PR on front squats (barbell on the front of your shoulders under the chin-its a little harder that having the barbell behind your head because of the balance issue) last night - 100lbs 3 rep max!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe I've been hoarding my energy for fall!! Time to get back to being active. Weather wasn't good for much where I was this weekend. Monday and Tuesday aren't good this week however the Y will be good tonight to wotk off stress. I"ll be back to post my success later. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.