Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 08-10-2011, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Oh this blasted rain, it's too depressing. How can we call this summer when you can't plan to do anything, or wear nice summery clothes or sit out in the garden after work. I's like the winter, up in the dark. drive to work, home in the dark and no fresh air. Yes I know you can always get bundled up and go out in the rain but it's too windy and so you cower under a hood, head down and trudge along, not even enjoying the outdoors.
OK moan over, got my 30 mins on the treadmill in work today, had been sitting without a break for 4 hrs so just got up, logged off and went for a walk. Felt much better for it too. Definitely will fit it in tomorrow again. Going to run a huge bubbly bath, curl up with my book and to pot with the rain.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lizzie, I've just read this whole thread and it's great - I've also just realised I'm not too far from you (Im in Dublin!). Well done on your weight loss to date - I agree with you about the weather - it's miserable down here today - rain most of the day!! I'm not quite at the point of wanting to wear summer dresses just yet, but will be by next summer
Old 08-11-2011, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mary, thanks for stopping by. The weather is rubbish and it makes me want to eat more stodgy foods than the salads and fruits that I have been having recently. Are you just starting out on this great journey or are you like a lot of us, coming back for another go. I have tried many times to lose weight and have had little successes but then slipped back or became despondent when I didn't lose. This time I've changed my idea of what I should be eating most days but still enjoy those foods I love only in much smaller portions supplemented by veggies or salads and I still love my wine. I also don't beat myself up too much if I have a "bad" day, and funnily enough those days don't happen so much now. I still have over a stone to lose but I'm feeling better and I think I look better too. Fitday has played a big part in this and the support and encouragement from people here is fantastic. So welcome and keep in touch
Old 08-11-2011, 09:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Lizzie

I supposed I yo-yo'ed all through my 20s - I always thought I was fat, but looking back on photos, the largest I ever got in my 20s was a size 14/16!!

My real journey began just 9years ago, at the age of 34, when I found myself pregnant and alone - after a long relationship, he decided he didn't want to be a dad after all (funny enough, he is now a dad to somone elses son, but that's a whole other post!!). I believe I wallowed in the sadness of parenting alone for way too long...I also come from a very large, very dysfunctional irish family, which hasn't helped matters

So over the past few years, with some digging about my own history, my relationship with my family etc etc, I have FINALLY learned to believe that I deserve a good life, and I really feel incredible about my life at the moment.

So I have adjusted my drinking habits (I think I was on a slippery slope with the wine...), am now eating healthy and am exercising so much more (from couch potato to walking everywhere) and I can already see a change. I'm not sure that others can see it yet (although I have had my first 'are you losing weight' comment!!), but I can...and I can also feel a massive shift in my attitude to myself...

So that's me

I am finding this site great and am amazed at how many carbs I am still eating grrrrrrrr!! Anyway, onwards and upwards!

What part of the North are you in? I'm heading to Belfast this weekend to bring my son to the Titanic museum
Old 08-12-2011, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mary
Sounds like you've done well by your son and now it's time to look after yourself too.
Carbs are my biggest downfall, all that lovely bread. I like a glass or two of wine with my meals at the weekend or a beer in the summer and a cocktail now and then but I drink way less than I did years ago. Tonight I went out to the cinema and we had a meal beforehand, I had one glass of wine.
I'm still not great on the exercise though, I have a long drive to work and back and most days I feel tired when I get home but i am beginning to see that if I get up and do something as soon as I get home I'm not really tired at all, just in the habit of sitting around.
I live about 10 miles from Belfast. I hope you have a wonderful time at the museum, you can tell me all about it as I haven't been yet.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:44 PM
FitDay Member

Not the best weekend food wise but fun wise it was great. Went to a rock night with some of the girls ( yes we are all over 40 and 50) but it was a very mixed crowd and the band were fabulous. I wore a new top and skinny ( that's right skinny) jeans and felt pretty good. I've always had thinner legs, my weight was concentrated around the middle and big boobs so if I wore slim trousers I looked like a big lollipop but now that I am smaller on top if the shirt is to mid thigh it works now. The sales are so inviting but I have to stop buying things as I still have weight to lose and I don't want lovely clothes sitting in my wardrobe to sap my motivation. 2 weeks to my hols, starting to plan my packing and getting excited. Have a great Monday and let's make this a - didn't we do well - week.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Lizzie - well done on the skinny jeans!!!! My weight has always been equally spread over my whole body - I always envy larger ladies who have good legs, because they can wear skirts and flowy tops and still look well! I have legs like rugby players

We didn't go to the museum after all as it was torrential rain in dublin most weekend - bits of sunshine where I'd say 'Right, lets get in the car!" and by the time we'd be ready, the rain would be here again! I'm on two weeks hols this week and we will be doing some travelling around Ireland, so I'm determined to do get there before he gets back to school.

Take care,
Mary
Old 08-14-2011, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Mary. Sorry you missed out on the trip. Where are you planning to visit over your break. I've been round Ireland a few times, love Dublin and also loved area around Kinsale. Haven't been south for a couple of years now, must head down to the fair city again soon. I find my larger boobs mean that clothes don hang well unless they are fitted, I tried to hide under baggy tops but they just gave me the " shelf look" . On the dress/ skirt issue, I am definitely a trousers person, I hate dressing up, I buy pretty frocks but then they hang in the wardrobe unloved and unused. My friend has just started to wear dresses and high heels, she keeps saying that she is wearing grown up clothes now and I know I should try sometimes too but I never felt comfortable. However, yesterday I took my mum out and I wore a summer dress that has been languishing in the back of the closet for at least two years and I think I looked pretty good, I even fake tanned the legs - progress!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

Ok the week started badly, major muffin scoffing. Friends bearing edible gifts are so difficult to deal with. Yesterday evening I threw a little chicken and masses of veggies ( from my sister's wonderful garden) into my wok with a little chilli sauce and hey presto a great meal. Now I know that sounds pretty lame but you are talking to the queen of ready meals so that is progress for me. Didn't manage my walk yesterday but did on Monday and I will today, I promise. The sun is actually shining here this morning, I've just showered and now I've got to get off to work, have a wicked Wednesday everyone.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi lizzie

Sunshine in dublin here too at last yeeayy! Hopefully it will stay until I finish work on friday for my 2 weeks off

Well done on the stirfry - I eat stuff like that most nights. I have two friends in WW and I'm thinking of joining myself - more for a bit of motivation and extra recipes to be honest! It's pricey enough, but with the money I'm saving not buying wine most evenings, I can well afford it!

Hope wednesday goes well for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.