Notices

Friends won

Old 08-06-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Weight issues including food, nutrition and exercise are like politics or religion. Everyone has what they believe in and will tell you what you should do whether you ask or not.

You have to find what works for you and stick with it. And stop discussing it with your friends. Or find new ones.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

I know what you mean! I have quit making the "announcement" about trying to lose weight to the "group" of friends. Instead, I picked the one that is the great encourager to confide in. She doesn't ask how I am doing so "if you fall off the wagon again" because we all do from time to time. Instead, when I send her a progress report. She cheers and is full of the things I need to hear.

BTW, love Fitday for the tracking! I think it has become my new addiction! It was suggested to me by the nutritionist in the program I am doing. Love, love, love it!!

Good luck on your journey!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi SBG!
I too have those around me who tell me I don't need to lose and to just exercise more. I wouldn't claim I have a sweet tooth; my weakness's are heavy foods such as lasagna, ribs, hamburbers, chips. I need foods that are going to give me energy to move!

Good luck to you!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sheryl914
Instead, I picked the one that is the great encourager to confide in.
I picked a good friend who's also struggling with her weight. Like me, she loves her comfort foods. Like me, she understands what she's done to herself. I suggested she sign up here and told her about my own results. She was impressed and said she'd check it out.

And, thanks.