Notices

computer game vs. exercise

Old 07-20-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default computer game vs. exercise

My grandfather had a stroke a few months, and since then we were already conscious of what we eat and exercise. I am the type who is very lazy and I am the only robust looking gal in our family, due to unburned fats. You see I am lazy and I am always at the computer playing computer games. Until my mom threaten to cut off the internet connection until I will be serious wqith exercise. Nothing to do and nothing to lose if I obey. Now I exercise before I can open my games. That is what it goes in this family. Blackmailing and threatening. Well its kinda funny and weird but I'd rather obey than lose my angry bird game.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds similar to my family but it is more like...take out the trash or you don't play ps3 the rest of the day. You will appreciate your mom making you put forth this effort later in life.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by torini
My grandfather had a stroke a few months, and since then we were already conscious of what we eat and exercise. I am the type who is very lazy and I am the only robust looking gal in our family, due to unburned fats. You see I am lazy and I am always at the computer playing computer games. Until my mom threaten to cut off the internet connection until I will be serious wqith exercise. Nothing to do and nothing to lose if I obey. Now I exercise before I can open my games. That is what it goes in this family. Blackmailing and threatening. Well its kinda funny and weird but I'd rather obey than lose my angry bird game.
you could incorperate the 2 my wife has lost over 25 pounds by doing the dif, wii games
Old 07-29-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

I play games on my iphone while using the elliptical, so I get my game fix and my exercise all at once. You might also try some of the interactive games like Wii and Playstation, thereby increasing the chance that you will grow to enjoy/crave/be addicted to a little exercise, meanwhile keeping mom off your back.

However I will admit that as a mom, the witch within frequently shuts the TV off and chases the kids outside with a broom. So it would probably also be a great idea if you were to find an outside activity that you enjoy like bike riding or skate boarding, basketball, rock climbing, etc etc. Because most likely your mom has a broom too.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by torini
That's better than when I was a a pre teen and my family would lock me out of the house so I would 'play outside' instead of seat on the internet or watch tv all day. I don't think it really motivated me at all once I got older but the appoarch your family is good I believe. While working out you have time to get excited about being able to play games afterward, giving you motivation to complete your workout, and also something to look forward to. I often use that technique to this date, for example while I am at work I think about all the things I get to do after my day is finished and it gets me pumped up and my mood is elevated.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

A good way to stop being so lazy is to look up "fattest man in the world" and you will know you won't want to look like that.

Personally I like to invision the way I will look someday if I keep it up with my exercising. that works for me.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

i use to spend a lot of time playing browser games like dd tank or last chaos and didn't move at all. after i started jogging i really had no more motivation to play that much and now i just log in occasionally. it feels much better!

Last edited by nacher; 10-16-2011 at 10:41 PM.