Notices

HCG Protocol

Old 06-08-2011, 11:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I suppose I should continue to stay out of this, not ever having ingested or shot up with HGC. And, I fully support anyone trying to lose weight, by any at least farily safe method, for the record.

I've lived on 0 calories for 30 days, I've lived on 1,000 cals a day for 9 months. I can't say I lost weight much, if any, faster than eating 1500 (now closer to 1700 average) for the last year. From my first weigh-in at 393 on June 19th 2010 to 235 this morning it's really been virtually painless. Yup, I get hungry when I'm supposed to. Then, I eat real food. I've been far from "perfect" and my exercise is modest at best.

Have I developed fairly good eating habits? Yup, I think so. Will I keep the weight off this time? I'm pretty optomistic that I will.

Anyweigh, I wish only the best for those doing HGC--it's 110% better than not doing anything!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

I did a round of hCG last December and lost 30 lbs. Prior to doing it, I tried the old calories in/calories out method faithfully eating 1200 calories of fruits/vegs/whole grain and low fat protein. I worked out 5 times a week at the gym for 90 minutes a session alternating cardio with strength training and 2 days a week of water aerobic as well. I lost 4 lbs in 3 month. That's it.

I'm 53 yrs old, hypothyroid, high BP, fatty liver disease, arthritic ... I have maintained my loss. My BP is back to normal, my joints do not hurt, and my doctor lowered my thyroid med dosage. On the diet, I ate unlimited fresh veggies daily, one fresh fruit daily, two 4 ounce servings of low fat protein daily and because I'm a rogue, I threw in a hard boiled egg every morning for breakfast. I did that for over 6 weeks, and retrained my tastebuds and mind as to what food meant to me. When restricting calories as much as you must on this diet, you absolutely do the work that quinnesec claims can't be done. Without the work, no one lasts on this diet. And there are lots who do drop out of it. It is not for the faint of heart, or anyone without some real determination. The weight loss success and the determination carry over into maintenance.

jhkoenig claims he can't find anyone with long term success. I say it's because you haven't looked hard enough. I left the Fitday forum because of the hCG Unfriendlies, and found two forums that were friendly to the program. 25,000+ members, and I will testify that there are plenty who take off the weight, and maintain it - better than the average dieter. It doesn't just change your weight, but the process demands that one change their relationship with food, and for me, many of my health problems cleared up. I think it helped to balance some hormonal issues I was having. I am healthier than I've been in a long long time.

Insulin is the hormone that is released when blood sugars increase after eating sugars & carbs. It drive the fat storage decision. Leptin is the hormone that is release by adipose tissue (fat) to signal to the brain whether to be hungry or not. Hunger & appetite are marked by the hormone ghrelin. The thyroid hormones control the master metabolism and are integral to one's body temp and fluid movement at the cellular level. Hormones, and hormone resistance which mess a person up if they become out of balance. hCG is a hormone, so it shouldn't be so surprising that is has an effect on the hormonal system which contributes to weight gain or loss. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there. Just because something is outside of your understanding, doesn't mean it cannot work.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LisaAnnie
I did a round of hCG last December and lost 30 lbs. Prior to doing it, I tried the old calories in/calories out method faithfully eating 1200 calories of fruits/vegs/whole grain and low fat protein. I worked out 5 times a week at the gym for 90 minutes a session alternating cardio with strength training and 2 days a week of water aerobic as well. I lost 4 lbs in 3 month. That's it.

I'm 53 yrs old, hypothyroid, high BP, fatty liver disease, arthritic ... I have maintained my loss. My BP is back to normal, my joints do not hurt, and my doctor lowered my thyroid med dosage. On the diet, I ate unlimited fresh veggies daily, one fresh fruit daily, two 4 ounce servings of low fat protein daily and because I'm a rogue, I threw in a hard boiled egg every morning for breakfast. I did that for over 6 weeks, and retrained my tastebuds and mind as to what food meant to me. When restricting calories as much as you must on this diet, you absolutely do the work that quinnesec claims can't be done. Without the work, no one lasts on this diet. And there are lots who do drop out of it. It is not for the faint of heart, or anyone without some real determination. The weight loss success and the determination carry over into maintenance.

jhkoenig claims he can't find anyone with long term success. I say it's because you haven't looked hard enough. I left the Fitday forum because of the hCG Unfriendlies, and found two forums that were friendly to the program. 25,000+ members, and I will testify that there are plenty who take off the weight, and maintain it - better than the average dieter. It doesn't just change your weight, but the process demands that one change their relationship with food, and for me, many of my health problems cleared up. I think it helped to balance some hormonal issues I was having. I am healthier than I've been in a long long time.

Insulin is the hormone that is released when blood sugars increase after eating sugars & carbs. It drive the fat storage decision. Leptin is the hormone that is release by adipose tissue (fat) to signal to the brain whether to be hungry or not. Hunger & appetite are marked by the hormone ghrelin. The thyroid hormones control the master metabolism and are integral to one's body temp and fluid movement at the cellular level. Hormones, and hormone resistance which mess a person up if they become out of balance. hCG is a hormone, so it shouldn't be so surprising that is has an effect on the hormonal system which contributes to weight gain or loss. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there. Just because something is outside of your understanding, doesn't mean it cannot work.
congrats to you on your success. Try not to let the naysayers get you down and drive you away.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike. I just looked at your before and after pics, wow, just wow. You look awesome!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

thank you.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hello All. This is my third round on HCG. I lost in my first round 26 pounds in 44 days. My second round I lost 30 pounds in 30 days. This is my last round.

I went to the Taste of Chicago Sunday and Monday (my load days)(June 26 and 27). I gained about 7 pounds!!! I have to say I ate like a pig. Today is day 5 for me and I have lost 10.4 pounds!!!. I feel pretty good, but I have to say this round I am experiencing hunger.

I was on the drops which have an alcohol base, but the spray is what I'm taking now and it has a water base. Its suppose to suppress my hunger but I'm not getting that. I only need to lose another 14 pounds so this will be a half round for me.

I plan to be off the spray by 7/18 and then my 3 days still doing the protocol and then phase 3 for 6 weeks (you add two weeks every time you do the diet) and then life phase.

My goal is 140 lbs. I hope everyone has success in their efforts to reach their goal. I am drinking coffee this morning hoping that it helps to suppress my appetite. It usually does when I'm not on HCG. I guess we will see. If anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way!!!!

Where do you get the miracle noodles from and what do they do? Are they HCG friendly?

Thank you.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Mike you are a beast! Wow! You look so good! Oh my goodness. Are you still losing or are you on maintenance? Did you have a friend go on with you or are you just a lone wolf? If nobody ever tell you......you look absolutely great! You don't even look like the same person! My husband and I both are on the protocol and this is our third round. We are excited to be finishing. my goal is 68 pounds. I have lost 54 so far. My goal is right there. I have only been on the diet 5 day and lost 10 pounds.

You are such an inspiration. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kdshelley5
Mike you are a beast! Wow! You look so good! Oh my goodness. Are you still losing or are you on maintenance? Did you have a friend go on with you or are you just a lone wolf? If nobody ever tell you......you look absolutely great! You don't even look like the same person! My husband and I both are on the protocol and this is our third round. We are excited to be finishing. my goal is 68 pounds. I have lost 54 so far. My goal is right there. I have only been on the diet 5 day and lost 10 pounds.

You are such an inspiration. Keep up the good work!
Thanks a lot, but I just want to set the record straight, I'm a big believer in hCG... but I didn't do it. I now have a workout buddy but for the 1st year I was alone. As of this morning I am 169.0# and I usually range between 169-174 so it's sort a maintenance.. although I'd like to cut more fat and build a little more muscle, it just isn't happening right now.

Congrats on your success, 10 pounds in 5 days is amazing.At 54 pounds down you probably look and feel like a new person yourself!
Old 07-31-2011, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations to all with such success, that is so great! Has anyone tried the HCG drops? If so where did you purchase them?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default HCG works!

I have been on HCG diet for 34 days. Lost 23.5 pounds. I'm nervous about phase 3 - Maintenance. Does anyone have a sample diet plan for a day or week that you could share? I would appreciate it!

Originally Posted by jtrautwein89
Hello all!! :-)

I have been on the HCG injections for 14 days now and have lost a total so far of 12 pounds. I was so skeptical at first of how ior if this could really work. The first few days were difficult because of cutting so far back on the calories, but I was suprised how fulfilling the foods that are allowed on this diet are. Plus you drink so much water everyday that it makes me feel full and sometimes I can't even eat what I am allowed.

I did my injections through a local medical spa called Monarch MedSpa. It was $1100. I know pricey, however that included all of my syringes pre-filled at the Dr.'s office and my weight loss is monitored by my doctor so it makes me feel safer. I can to go 23 days or 40 days if I choose. Also, if I want to do another round for another 23 days after one round, I don't have to pay extra. I am so happy so far and I am so anxious to see the final results. Beach body here I come! :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.