So why are you loosing weight? >

So why are you loosing weight?

Community
Notices

So why are you loosing weight?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Weight wasn't an issue for me until about 4 years ago. I am losing, because:

1. I want to be healthy again! My BMI says I'm overweight.
2. I'm always tired. I want my energy and life back now!
3. My husband enjoys most of my curves, but I am 100% uncomfortable in my skin.
4. I have a closet and drawers full of clothes that I can't fit. I'm even snug in my workout clothes. Recently had to go out and buy a ton of clothes, because nothing fit anymore.
5. I used to love working out, but the more weight I gained, the harder it was to do so.
6. I'm embarrassed to visit family and friends who haven't seen me in a while, because I've gained 1/2 my weight from just a few years ago.
7. I hate, hate, hate seeing new pix of me.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

1) Because I want my boyfriend to be able to pick me up and twirl me around
2) Because I want to start a family some day soon, and I want to be healthy enough to do it right
3) I don't want my future children to have the same relationship with food that I had - destructive and unknowing
4) I want to wear interesting clothing - not just the same 'ol sack-like outfits in different colors
5) Because my family has a history of Type 2 diabetes, and I don't want to go down that road
6) And, of course... because being fat sucks! Thanks, Drew Carey!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 PM
FitDay Member

1. Because I want my husband to look at me like he used to.

2. To come off my Diabetic (Type 2) medication and be full of energy.

3. So I dont feel embarressed when I meet new people or someone I havent seen for a while.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

So I don't feel crappy whenever I look in the mirror.
So I don't feel judged due to my exterior.
So I can avoid diabetes.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

My biggest reason for losing weight is to improve my health. I also want to be able to be more active and move around easier.

It is not fun to have to do everyday tasks when you are obese. I am tired of having to stuggle with things that should be easy.

Most of the time, I feel very uncomfortable with my excess weight. I really need to follow through with this and try to get closer to a normal weight.

Best wishes to everyone!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Lots of reasons...

1. to be healthier of course. I want to live a long life that isn't shortened by being obese or just suffering through the last years in a sedentary state. I've seen it and it isn't pretty.
2. Vanity...I want my teen boys to never be embarrassed of their mom. When their friends go home, I want them to say man his mom is hot.
3. For my hubby. He loves me just the way I am but I see him looking and touching more often and in a different way than recently when I was so heavy.
4. To be more professional. I know that looks aren't supposed to affect your job, but they do. If I were to apply for a position and someone smaller did with the same qualifications. They would get the job.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Annah
Don't wait to lose weight before you get back into cycling - get back in that saddle now. If I can do it so can you. Trust, me life is too short to be worrying about what other people think.
Check out my blog Annah and you'll see that although I am very, very overweight I will not give up my bike. It makes me feel alive!!!
Join me Annah - even if it is only in spirit!!

Reasons to lose weight??? Because i'm worth it!