Notices

Determined in England

Old 06-16-2011, 07:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

So glad you are feeling better, and well done on the loss, even though you have been ill. I shall weigh tomorrow - not sure if I will have lost as even though I have been sticking to the calorie limit I haven't done much exercise (just walking the dog). My hands and feet are a bit puffy and my fingers and toes are tender so I think I am holding a lot of water.

It is Fathers Day on Sunday so my father and my husband will be the centre of attention. I shall be cooking a roast dinner (roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings etc), and the family will all be here. My father is also diabetic (he is 78) so I will have to try and find a suitable dessert, usually I just dont have any.

Hope you have a lovely time with your guests tomorrow.

Happy dieting everyone!

Take care,
Nita
Old 06-17-2011, 10:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita,

I got hit with a migraine at dinnertime last night that had me up vomiting most of the evening. Today I am worn out. Our guests came for lunch, I met them at the door then went right back to bed where I will stay until tomorrow.

Nita your Father's Day plans sound wonderful! I can't be of any help suggesting desserts, all we eat is cut up fruit! Right now for us it is strawberries/seedless watermelon/blueberries when we can get them.

I am tired, must lie down.

Cheers,

Nancy
Old 06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

I also turned 50 this year -- it will be a good year for positive changes--- good for you. I hear your determination and positive spirit.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hi happypanquin500,

I guess I realized no-one is going to do this for me, its all down to me!

Hope your journey is going well.

Dear Nancy,

Sorry to hear of your migrain. I am very fortuate to never have suffered with them - in fact I have been very lucky all in all on the health front. Just a few niggles creeping in now due to age and WEIGHT. Can't do much about the age, but can about the weight.

I have got some diabetic icecream in and have also got some sugar free jelly (jello?) so we shant feel deprived while everybody else is stuffing choc cake and cream! There will be roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and parsnips with butternut squash, steamed carrots, sprouts, french beans, peas and sweetcorn and mashed swede. I shall eat plenty of the steamed veg and have a very small amount of beef and maybe one small potatoe. I enjoy cooking for the family so it will be hard not to eat too much but know I will feel so much better if I dont.

Hope you recover soon and back to your normal self.

Take care
Nita
Old 06-18-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita, and HappyPenguin welcome!,

I had a good sleep and awakened feeling rested and lots better. I have lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks and feel very good about it!! All the muscles around my rib cage are still painful from the throwing up but that will pass with time, my husband is Very funny so laughing when he is home is painful ( he is trying not to be funny!lol ).

Nita you cook like me, lots of vegetables...mmmmm good! Everything sounds soooo good. I tend to roast my veggies and I can get all my grandkidlets to eat them all up. My fave is brussel sprouts roasted, Yum-O!!

I have tired myself out, time to make a mug of tea and lie down.

Cheers!

Nancy
Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello Nita,

I have been really sick with migraine and just today, 7 days later, am feeling anywhere near normal. I actually worked out today..did 42 min of aerobics with wrist/ankle weights then lay on the floor afterwards with my cotton yoga blanket over me, feeling good! I will probably hurt tomorrow but I don't care, I will do the same workout over again but without the weights.

Our boat is going in the water today..the big launch. We also have workmen building us a retaining wall to keep the flooding at bay..we hope it works.

I am back to eating well and logging my food here..lol wow it has been ages it seems!...but I am back on track and feeling a little bit proud of myself for not falling to pieces just because I had a setback. Nita I don't think you know this but I have cancer. I had a checkup on Monday where he found an ulcer under my tongue, he thinks it is caused by my teeth rubbing against the new tissue as it grows out. I have oral tongue cancer and had 1/3 of my tongue removed last August,,it is growing back, isn't that amazing??!! I am doing very well tho, attitude is everything and as important, if not more important, than any medicine they will give you.

Ok now I have to dry my hair ( gave myself a hot oil treatment earlier) and get dinner started. I am just pulling stuff from the freezer and cupboards for some kind of a cozy dinner on this chilly June day. We are having roasted/breaded chicken thighs, scalloped potatoes, broccoli simmered in chicken stock and carrots cooked in orange juice. I know it sounds like a winter meal but it will make a tasty break from grilled fish, for a night at least.

Cheers,

Nancy
Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

You poor thing! I had no idea! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Isn't the human body amazing? I didn't know that the tongue grows back, I knew the liver would but not the tongue. Good for you on your attitude, I understand what you say about it being so important.

Not much been happening here, it has been raining on and off all week (at least I dont have to water the garden and allottment - but the exercise would have been good) so I have not been very good this week I must admit. I put on a pound last week, but I did drop 3 the previous week to Im not too bothered. I can lose 4lbs over night and put it back on the next day so I am trying to only weigh on a Saturday to give me a more realistic view. With this wet weather my joints are swollen and my wedding ring is tight so I know I am carrying more water.

As it is my 50th birthday next month and our 20th wedding anniversary in August I have told my husband that I would like an eternity ring to mark the occassions (he is not in the slightest bit romantic and would never have thought of it himself, so I have to make these "suggestions"). But having fat fingers it is not the time to be going to the jewellers! Perhaps if I am extra carefull I can lose enough to counteract this bad weather! As it is Wimbledon at the moment I know that the bad weather will continue for the next couple of weeks - it ALWAYS rains when Wimbledon is on.

Take care of yourself.
Love Nita. x
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Nita, you must be wondering where on earth I have got to?? I have Crohn's disease and had a flare up starting the day after I last posted, I am not on solid food yet and I am just starting to walk around the house and so simple things like a few dishes and some light laundry.

How are you managing, Nita? I think of you and hope your walking and gardening are going well!

The Royals are in Canada right now and I am watching them on tv..they are much more accessible than Charles and Camilla-who didn't speak with anyone! William and Kate got way behind as they chatted with everyone, I don't think they were on time for anything Once!lol

Cheers Nita,

Nancy
Old 07-03-2011, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

I was a little worried about you, glad you are a bit better. You are amazing to be on a weight lose programme when you have so much going on at the moment. I really admire you for your determination and courage. You put me to shame for whinging about a couple of bent fingers.

The weather has been better here, so have been up the allottment and down the garden quite a bit. Haven,t lost any weight this week, stayed the same! At least I didn't gain! I have got to get my **** in gear or I shant meet my 205lb deadline for holiday at the end of the month.

I did measure myself and to my surprise found I had lost 3" off my chest, 3" waist, 3" hips, 1" neck and 1" calf. You could have knocked me down with a feather! I rushed upstairs and got a pair of tailored cropped trousers out of the wardrobe that I had not worn for about 3 years... and they fitted perfectly! So chuffed.

This weeks goals:

1. I am going to log every morsel of food this week and get out my Zumba dvds AND USE THEM!

2. I am going to lose at least 2lb (needs to be 2.5lb to hit target over next 3 weeks).

Glad you like the Royal couple. I agree they do seem very genuine and approachable. He is very much his mothers son and she appears to come from a very nice family.

Take care
Nita

Last edited by njh50; 07-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 PM
FitDay Member

Nancy, hoping the relapse passes for you swiftly and completely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.