Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

I have over a 100 pounds to lose, and I hope this will finally be the time to do so. I finally understand its just going to take time and that I need to push through when it gets rough and not decide to give up.

starting weight 3/23/11 -322lbs
weight on 5/22/11-299lbs

goal by 7/31/11 is 279lbs

making small goals, because the large ones never work for me!!!

tanya
Old 05-25-2011, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Chambo, welcome! Congrats on deciding to get this done while you're young--lemme tell ya', it gets harder with age!

Now, I agree you should be dropping weight more quickly. What are you running for a calorie deficit? At a 1500 daily deficit you should be able to lose three pounds a week on average. Exercise? Water?

Give us some more details and we'll see if we can't figure out why you're not losing.

Regards,
Michael
I'm not entirely sure what my BMR is for sure (some websites are as low as 2800 and as high as 3800-according to fitday.com it's about 3200 which seems like a fair compromise) but right now I'm aiming for between 1200 - 2000 calorie/day deficit.

What happened in the beginning was I was between 900 - 1200 calories for the day and read something that suggested that might not be healthy so I begrudgingly increased my calorie intake with stuff like an extra PB&J and nuts but then it turned into excuses for eating out and soda. And somehow after years of not being able to do it, I have been able to maintain a weight. The problem is that weight is right around 290.

As for exercise I've concocted a total body weight training program that I do 3Xweek. As for cardio I do a half mile jog before the workout and then a mile after. (I read that it burns more fat that way). On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do cardio in a similar manner but at a heavier pace because I'm not gassed from lifting. I like to take the weekends off to recover.

I've also been using Green Tea Extract, CLA, Oxyelite Pro, and a multivitamin. I'm pretty sure the Oxyelite Pro is worthless but the Mayo Clinic supports CLA as "possibly effective." (A study done with obese men taking 4.2 grams of CLA tended to gain more lean mass, though it didn't affect weight). As for green tea extract it has caffeine and supposedly a lot of health benefits as it's the cheapest thing I'm taking I'll keep up with it. (The Mayo clinic hadn't released an opinion but Wikipedia loves it). I'm also using Whey Protein after workouts, I'm not sure if it's effective but body building websites say it's "essential." Not that I'm looking for mass building but I would like to firm up.

I've replaced smoking with weight lifting and apparently the addiction just converted itself. I'm becoming more of a meat head with each passing day but I can't help it, I love reading about health and fitness.

Oh and I drink a ton of water, probably between 150 - 200 ounces a day.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All,
At the suggestion of some very wise folks around here, I am adding the 100+ thread to my list of daily readers (and hope to be posting a lot too).
I am down 37 pounds since March on my way to a well over 100 pond goal. My 1st goal is 100 ponds by New Years so I look at that 37 with sheer reverence.

My mom said to me yesterday- go to the store and see if you can carry 7 bags of potatoes from the produce isle to the milk isle.
7 bags of potatoes?? That's 35 pounds!
Shes a smart lady, too!

Thanks y'all. I am so happy to be in your club!
Carly
Old 05-28-2011, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Congrats

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Hi everyone,

Just stopped in to let ya know that I'm still alive and kicking . I also went through my closet down here, and the few clothes that I brought with me are all WAY to big for me now . When I finally make it home nothing will fit!!!

Congrats....what an awesome feeling when clothes get toooo big. Take care of yourself and stay in touch when you can.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Had a bit of a setback yesterday. Spent the whole day on the road, and let's just say that I lost the fast food battle. It DESTROYED me. I still kept track of my calories, and instead of the usual 15-1700, I ended up at over 3000. One day shouldn't hurt me too much, and I'm back on track today. It just made me feel so sluggish, and guilty.

Just getting it off my chest.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Had a bit of a setback yesterday. Spent the whole day on the road, and let's just say that I lost the fast food battle. It DESTROYED me. I still kept track of my calories, and instead of the usual 15-1700, I ended up at over 3000. One day shouldn't hurt me too much, and I'm back on track today. It just made me feel so sluggish, and guilty.

Well, no one is perfect and we all 'break training' from time to time. The key is getting back at it and not letting it get you down or feeling like a failure.

Interesting that it made you feel sluggish. As you become more intuned with how food makes you 'feel' you are more likely to make 'good' choices. Soiunds good anyway.

Have a great week.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Cleaned out the closet...

Well, I cleaned out the closet this weekend. Here is my sizing chronology:

Jan 2011 - 26 womens or 3X
Mar 2011- 20 womens or 1X
Today - ????

Well I tried on everything that I own this weekend as my clothes were feeling a little big. Well, I kept a few t-shirts and clothes for aroudn the house or workouts...but not one pair of pants, shorts or shirt fit. I found 2 old size 18 dresses (big on me but can get away with them for a few weeks).....so off to the store I go to invest in a few things for work.

I tell the sales lady I am an 16-18 depending on the cut and fit. Well I bought 2 shirts (14 and 16) 2 pants (14 and 16) and one dress (XL). Man did that feel good.

The scales have not moved in 10 days...but hey the clothes tell the story.

Hope you all have a great week. Make your plan and work your plan.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside

I have been doing really well, on track and eating healthy for the past couple weeks. Today I went for breakfast with a friend and ate a little too much. It made me realize that I haven't had any problems with my stomach for 2 weeks now (I had been having an upset tummy off and on for a while). Hmmm... linked to overeating perhaps???
Old 05-29-2011, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

Smile 100 + pounds to dispose of!

Last Tuesday, May 24th I underwent Gastric Bypass Surgery. I started this mess at 396 (Yep, a bona fide fat man!) Size 52 trousers and 3x tees. Please note that this weight was around June of 2010 and I have been working to reduce and strengthen since that time. At the time I started the weight loss investigations, I was around 370 and was at 337 the day of surgery. My goal is 195 pounds and I am flexible there. I have always been heavily muscled and was shocked the surgeon remarked I had a six pack under that fat.

Well, I want to let it out, get away from medications and find my smile.

My current weight is 331 so I have 137 pounds to go!

I have no home (mortgage crisis bit me HARD)
No income (my business is in the toilet)
and no life.... So the only thing left to do is put on my grown up Man pants and get busy fixing this mess.
I started with me!

I am looking for support and friends! I live in Kansas City and used to travel the world. It is probable I have been near your home at one point in my life. please say hello and let's beat this weight thing together!

Bill in KC
Old 05-30-2011, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

@ Bill in KC. We are in a similar place and have similar goals. I will support you if you support me, deal?

My weekly 'official' weigh in was today and feel pretty good about last week... It was actually a busy week and I went out to a number of after work social functions (but I kept the drinks within reason and didn't use it as an excuse to binge, which is a huge improvement). I am still an emotional roller coaster but I am hoping another positive week and that will settle down as well.

I hope everyone had a nice memorial day weekend...

NYCMike

------------
May 10, 2011 - Starting weight - 341
May 30, 2011 - current weight - 324
June 10, 1010 - Near term Goal - 320
Long term goal - under 200
Total Lost: 17 Lbs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.