Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
The 17 day diet >

The 17 day diet

Community
Notices

The 17 day diet

Old 04-24-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

I am on day 5 of the 17 day diet and still waiting for results. My dad lost 12lbs on his first 17 day cycle, my aunt lost 4 lbs in 5 days. So I'm hoping my body is just taking a little longer to respond Loving the food though after getting the hang of cooking meals that satisfied me.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Well, I've only lost about 8lbs

and it'll be 17 days on Wednesday. But it does seem healthy enough and last week I was on vacation and didn't weigh myself at all and did have a couple of drinks. I don't drink the morning lemon water or green tea and probably not enough plain water which I ddi for the first few days. Lately I got hooked on using the crystal light which people on another site were saying was OK.

In general I just don't think I lose weight as quickly as I used to when I was younger. I think I need to up the exercise too.

Best wishes!

Originally Posted by insanebunny
I am on day 5 of the 17 day diet and still waiting for results. My dad lost 12lbs on his first 17 day cycle, my aunt lost 4 lbs in 5 days. So I'm hoping my body is just taking a little longer to respond Loving the food though after getting the hang of cooking meals that satisfied me.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Have been on this diet and does work really well, after 17 days you go to another 17 with a touch more carbs, there are 4 levels, the 4th being maintainance, in theory it is High protein for 17 days and then carbs added back slowly, it is a liveable diet but only chic, turkey, fish eaten in the first 17days, hope this helped
Old 05-26-2011, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

My wife and I started the 17 Day Diet on February 6th. Neither of us was morbidly obese, probably in the 10-20 pounds overweight range. I weighed 210 at 6 feet tall, wearing 36 inch pants. My original goal was 198. Today I weigh 180. I am wearing 32" slacks and my body fat test the other day put me at 6% at age 54. For reference, I was around 15-18% before I started. My blood pressure is 113/66 and my Doc was very pleased at my April physical. I would recommend this diet without reservation.
My wife has also lost about the same percentage of body weight and is faced with the dilemna of buying new clothes and swimsuits for our summer vacation.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

I have been on this plan since April 7 and have lost 11#s. I am currently on round 2 of cycle 1. I am 8# from calling goal. Very doable WOE and no hunger. Hey, whatever works--right??