Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:01 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Just dropped in to say hi to everyone, and welcome to all of the new members. My official weigh in was on Wednesday, and I was down another 3.8#...That makes my total 17.6 .

Keep it up everyone
Jen
Jen, that's great! I remember you were a little discouraged there for a while back along--keep up the good work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-25-2011, 11:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Thanks! I feel incredible. I'd love to break 300 in time for my birthday, which coincidentally is right around the end of the next 10% challenge (I'll be 22). All the fun birthdays are over now, it's time to get old, haha. I've at least got to be healthy in the process.
29 off by July? Yup, I KNOW you can do it! I'll be shooting for another 38 off by July 4th--might be optimistic, but again, I KNOW it can be done (with a lot of ass busting!)

I think we've discussed it before, but it's great you're getting this done now while you're young. Your skin should snap back into shape--not like old guys like me. I'll be 47 in May and it's not pretty.

Anyway, have a great weekend!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-25-2011, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Default Whooo Hoooo!

Things continue to be crazy and stressful....but all is good. The HR Leadership conference was aamzing this week with lots of success stories. This week, I realized that I am on the path of multiple transformations...I am transforming me, my lifestyle and how I ensure I take care of me regardless of what is going on. I am leading a significant transformation (5 year plan) at work that effects 27,000 employees. And we are redefining our family and how we make things work. In amongst it all I have lost one great aunt, an uncle, and a brother in the last 6 weeks. I am so proud, as I have not let any of that side track me. In fact, I would not have had the stamina and ability to deal with all this if I had not taken the path of a healthier me...

What I learnt and achieve in one part of my life enables other transformations. In fact, I am modelling the change at work and at home. Hubby, co-workers are all on board and taking care of themselves as well.

It really hit me this week, when I was at the podium, decided to let go the podium and work the room. What confidence...this is not the old me. However, I also noticed I was loosing my pants

So off the the big ladies shop yesterday to buy some pants...Here I am thinking maybe a 22 or 20....what a shock when I was fitting in to an 18 and wondering how long they would fit. I actually tried on a 16 (which I could have gotten away with), but I am used to loose fitting clothes now and know I don't have to buy something to prove I am smaller, but want to look great, and professional.

Whooo Hooo....I started at a tight 24 or loose 26 pant (3X) and now wear a women's 18 or (1X)...I can feel the momentum.....16, 14, 12....these will come and go in my closet too. I am so looking forward to seeing me in a size 10....

Wishing you all a great weekend....keep smiling and believe in yourself, one day, one bite and one step at a time.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Things continue to be crazy and stressful....but all is good. The HR Leadership conference was aamzing this week with lots of success stories. This week, I realized that I am on the path of multiple transformations...I am transforming me, my lifestyle and how I ensure I take care of me regardless of what is going on. I am leading a significant transformation (5 year plan) at work that effects 27,000 employees. And we are redefining our family and how we make things work. In amongst it all I have lost one great aunt, an uncle, and a brother in the last 6 weeks. I am so proud, as I have not let any of that side track me. In fact, I would not have had the stamina and ability to deal with all this if I had not taken the path of a healthier me...

What I learnt and achieve in one part of my life enables other transformations. In fact, I am modelling the change at work and at home. Hubby, co-workers are all on board and taking care of themselves as well.

It really hit me this week, when I was at the podium, decided to let go the podium and work the room. What confidence...this is not the old me. However, I also noticed I was loosing my pants

So off the the big ladies shop yesterday to buy some pants...Here I am thinking maybe a 22 or 20....what a shock when I was fitting in to an 18 and wondering how long they would fit. I actually tried on a 16 (which I could have gotten away with), but I am used to loose fitting clothes now and know I don't have to buy something to prove I am smaller, but want to look great, and professional.

Whooo Hooo....I started at a tight 24 or loose 26 pant (3X) and now wear a women's 18 or (1X)...I can feel the momentum.....16, 14, 12....these will come and go in my closet too. I am so looking forward to seeing me in a size 10....

Wishing you all a great weekend....keep smiling and believe in yourself, one day, one bite and one step at a time.
Jacqueline, there's nothing quite like success to motivate! I, too, have found myself making other changes as I move towards "normalcy".

Contrats on the wardrobe--that IS a great feeling.

Keep up the momentum!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-26-2011, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
29 off by July? Yup, I KNOW you can do it! I'll be shooting for another 38 off by July 4th--might be optimistic, but again, I KNOW it can be done (with a lot of ass busting!)

I think we've discussed it before, but it's great you're getting this done now while you're young. Your skin should snap back into shape--not like old guys like me. I'll be 47 in May and it's not pretty.

Anyway, have a great weekend!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks a lot Michael. I just hope I'll be able to maintain whatever I lose. I'm planning on sticking with Fitday for the long term, not just to lose the weight.

And 38 pounds ought to be a snap for you. You've become a weight loss BEAST!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Flash....

I was setting my next goals and realized I am now below a BMI of 40. Officially, I am no longer extremely obese...just obese. LOL. I didn't even realize that there were different categories of obesity.

Feeling good.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
I was setting my next goals and realized I am now below a BMI of 40. Officially, I am no longer extremely obese...just obese. LOL. I didn't even realize that there were different categories of obesity.

Feeling good.
That's awesome ! Probably means you are a lot healthier too! Good job! Soon you won't even be "obese"
Old 03-26-2011, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by symphony\'smom
hi melynda
i know how u feel about no one supporting u. my family is unsopportive. my mom is 200lbs my dad is 300lbs...and they think its ok. but no one has ne fhealth problems and im afraid the only way they will get that kick in the butt they need is to get a bad health check up. i hope it doesnt get to that. im hoping my weight loss will become a good example for them. im also doing the shopping but they slip in the breads and doughnuts. then once its in the house its sooooo much harder to diet. but if i can do it, then so can u. we all have to just tell ourselves... is that one bite worth our health. thats whats been getting me through.

Thanks. I know what you mean by them slipping in the bad stuff. My dad brings home muffins and cakes.. But he's not sneaking, he comes right up to me and asks if I want some. No thanks, Dad. Lol..

Oh and Misery- Thanks for that website, It helped A LOT!! =D

And I just weighed in yesterday and found out that I've already lost 8lbs!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MelyndaG
Thanks. I know what you mean by them slipping in the bad stuff. My dad brings home muffins and cakes.. But he's not sneaking, he comes right up to me and asks if I want some. No thanks, Dad. Lol..

Oh and Misery- Thanks for that website, It helped A LOT!! =D

And I just weighed in yesterday and found out that I've already lost 8lbs!
HOLY FRIGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8lbs already
That is great !!!!!!!!!!!!

............. A little jealous.

^-^ I'm glad the website helped, and you are doing so incredibly well!!! Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having a blah day that seems to want to be solved by large amounts of junk food. Relationship yuck, friend fallout... and not a great week overall. Someone talk me down from the ledge!!!

Julieann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.