Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 02-24-2011, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

yeah- july 1rst is right arounf the corner toooo!

goodluck almeeker!!! and what are you making costumes for?!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

HEY EVERYONE :-]

This week is almost coming to a close- how did everyone do this week? any great news or barriers that have been hit?

My week went pretty well-weighed in this morning at 189.6 - right on schedule for my official monday weigh in..Staying under 190 proves to be very hard for me so i amjsut hoping this time i stay under and keep shedding.

No big plans for me this weekend- throwing a lia sophia party which will be fun- serving some healthy snacks too! and then sunday just lounging watching some recorded crime shows! Plan to work out tonight, sat and sun as well.

..you?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

The Zone diet I started last Saturday has seen me lose 4lb this week. I'm feeling very pleased with myself right now.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Geoffers
The Zone diet I started last Saturday has seen me lose 4lb this week. I'm feeling very pleased with myself right now.
4lbs!?! WOW! What does the ZOne diet entail?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
HEY EVERYONE :-]
My week went pretty well-weighed in this morning at 189.6 - right on schedule for my official monday weigh in..Staying under 190 proves to be very hard for me so i amjsut hoping this time i stay under and keep shedding.
I find it's always hard when my weight goes back over that breakthrough. I treat it as another breakthrough when my weight quits popping back over that old threshold. You will do it. Mary
Old 02-25-2011, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

kcolville, the Zone diet entails a balance of 40/30/30 of carbs/protein/fats. You eat 3 meals and 2 snacks each day, but every meal must be in balance. The carbs are all derived from veggies and fruits, so breads and pasta are frowned on.

There's a free summary of the diet and example meal plans here...
http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf...ue21_May04.pdf

It's working for me... I've got another 3 weeks on it.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by k1die
I figured i can't fight the counter every day untill 1 april, as i thought checking in the weight once a month is best for me . I will leave the final epic battle for 01.04.2011 ^^. Anybody with me ?
I'm with you, k1die. I only weigh once a month because I lose very slowly and get frustrated if I do well at following my plan for the week but don't see any weight loss on the scale. If I just weigh once a month, then I'm pretty much guaranteed to see weight loss when I step on the scale.

I've just been sort of doing the 10% challenge in my head, but I'll post once a month, too. This month's weigh in is Monday, so I'll post progress then. I don't know if I will make the 10% goal (that damn slow weight loss), but I should come pretty close. Congrats to all who are losing weight regardless of making the April 1 goal or not. Every pound lost is a step in the right direction!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

Woohoo let's do our best . I will set up my goal to 12 % ^^
Old 02-25-2011, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone. I had kind of a rough weight loss week, and only managed a pound. I was busier than usual and off plan more than I would like, mostly in the workout department. I tried to keep the eating under control, but I think I spent most of the week making up for a very social weekend last week.

I'm going to try to get back on plan today. I did a good grocery shop last night so I'd have my usual good choices easily available. I'm going to try to be zen about the small loss since I had a 5lb week last week.

Five weeks to go for all of us, and 9lbs to go for me. I feel confident about reaching the goal and am going to try to sprint to the finish to get my head right for the July 4th challenge.

Keep up the good work everyone and have a great week!
Matt
Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Just got back from camp--five days, lots of good food and a generous amount of beer. And, I am down two pounds! I will say, that I worked my butt off between eating and drinking. I spend a good 8 hours attached to a long-handled coal shovel breaking up and moving snow from the front and back of the camp, shower, and outhouse. Then, it all came off the roof, and it snowed, so I got to do it again. And, I walked two miles on two days and one mile on the other two. Then, brining in wood, doing dishes, loading and unloading the truck--a hundred things.

I will say it's good to be back home and I'm right back on my usual eating plan. Really the only thing I went overboard on was fresh fried potatos--I admit that I had three helpings!

Have a great day everyone--I've got to spend some time catching up on the forums.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.