Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No More Flapping Flab in February - 100+ Ladies Thread >

No More Flapping Flab in February - 100+ Ladies Thread

Community
Notices

No More Flapping Flab in February - 100+ Ladies Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

You got the snow, I got the rain. And now I will be getting sleet and snow tonight.. so you might be about to get more. I figured with all your eliptic workouts, to send the snow to you so you could go out in it on skis instead of using the machine
Old 02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

You might be right about that, my knees are killing me, a sure sign we're in for some weather.

You can only joke about the skis because you've never seen me ski. I'm really uncoordinated without long sticks attached to my feet, thank you very much.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

I am very fortunate to live in a place with wonderful weather nearly all of the time, and I need to remember to get out there and enjoy it more. Of course, you should see the size of our mortgage! Nice weather doesn't come cheaply!

It was beautiful out there today, and lots of hikers, families, dogs, kids, etc. out on the trails. 2 1/2 hours of walking up and down hills sure does burn a lot of calories, yay! Good thing, too, because we stopped at BJ's brewhouse for dinner. I don't know if it is like this where you live, but chains with 20 or more restaurants have to put the calories on the menu. I knew this place was no health food store, but HOLY COW! Even the "lighter side" menu had items around 700 calories. Most regular meals were between 1200-1500 calories or more. It really is astonishing what we toss down our gullets, and until recently, without realizing the true extent of the damage.

I know studies are mixed on how calories on the menu actually affect people's choices, but it is really hard to believe that people could order some of those things without at least THINKING about the massive amount of calories. Of course, having healthier options would also help to make a better choice. I ended up splitting one of the lesser evils with two friends. Even boxing up and taking half of a meal home would have been a disaster.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

They say that every time someone tries to quit SMOKING they actually get closer to the time that they WILL quit.

SOOOOO . . . .I hope that means the same thing for my food addiction/issues.

I'm back. Again. Trying once more. To conquer. THIS FOOD THING!!!!

But as I look at my husband sitting outside on my back porch and I look at him with love/loving INTENT (which is way more important than that first love feeling I am discovering), when I can actually think about my MOM and smile for the first time in a year, when I know my DAD is okay, when my business is finally picking up little by little, when my hubby and I are dilligently working on a NEW business together with a FIRST SOFT LAUNCH on March 24th, and when I realize that I can actually do some shopping for healthy food because I actually have a spare few thousand dollars in the bank that I haven't had in three years!!! then I realize that maybe my life is finally in some place where I can get a GRIP on eating and exercise.

So -- I need support -- want to offer support and want to conquer this thing. I feel strong and determined for the first time in a long time.

THREE POINT DAYS 6 out of 7 days a week. -- the three points being food on target calorie and nutrition range, exercise and water
So goals for today:
88 oz of water
50 minute walk (DONE!!!! -- actually did 57 minutes!)
Eat well, track and LOG my food.

I read that this thread has slowed down. Hopefully that's becuase our 100+ers are at the gym working on their new year's resolutions? But let's find our buds and re-start it or motivate whoever is here!

Hugs,
Angela

Current weight:221
Short Term Goal: 199 in eight-10 weeks.
Mid-term Goal: 163
Long Term Goal: no weight number, just better strength and health and fit into the size eight jeans from Banana Republic that are sitting in my closet!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zootnarf
I am very fortunate to live in a place with wonderful weather nearly all of the time, and I need to remember to get out there and enjoy it more. Of course, you should see the size of our mortgage! Nice weather doesn't come cheaply!

It was beautiful out there today, and lots of hikers, families, dogs, kids, etc. out on the trails. 2 1/2 hours of walking up and down hills sure does burn a lot of calories, yay! Good thing, too, because we stopped at BJ's brewhouse for dinner. I don't know if it is like this where you live, but chains with 20 or more restaurants have to put the calories on the menu. I knew this place was no health food store, but HOLY COW! Even the "lighter side" menu had items around 700 calories. Most regular meals were between 1200-1500 calories or more. It really is astonishing what we toss down our gullets, and until recently, without realizing the true extent of the damage.

I know studies are mixed on how calories on the menu actually affect people's choices, but it is really hard to believe that people could order some of those things without at least THINKING about the massive amount of calories. Of course, having healthier options would also help to make a better choice. I ended up splitting one of the lesser evils with two friends. Even boxing up and taking half of a meal home would have been a disaster.
I so hear you about calories and menus and "lighter" and how we are DUPED in this country and others about nutrition.

Having successfully done this before -- I do know that FITDAY was a HUGE factor in my success because I could log in my meals from restaurants and LEARN, LEARN, LEARN what I can and can't eat

Funnyy -- I was looking at my "custom" foods -- most of which I created when I lost 83 pounds the first time and saw SOOOOOOO many commercial items like "egg mcmuffin with yolk removed and top of english muffin removed" -- I can customize almost ANY food to work in my plan if I use FITDAY effectively. As long as they are not my "Trigger" foods, I'm good.

Just wanted to comment/empathize and support you in your "OMG" moment -- In FL -- we don't ahve that rule, so people are even more lost. I DOOOOO love chains like Ruby Tuesdays and Applebees who are informing people and offering better choices. I don't frequent those often, but when I do, I am relieved they have some options for people. But ultimately, it is an internal education, struggle and responsibility -- so yeah, we have to start taking responsibiliy for what we PUT DOWN OUR GULLETS :-)

Take care,
ANg
Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by brandismom1990
I so hear you about calories and menus and "lighter" and how we are DUPED in this country and others about nutrition.

Having successfully done this before -- I do know that FITDAY was a HUGE factor in my success because I could log in my meals from restaurants and LEARN, LEARN, LEARN what I can and can't eat

Funnyy -- I was looking at my "custom" foods -- most of which I created when I lost 83 pounds the first time and saw SOOOOOOO many commercial items like "egg mcmuffin with yolk removed and top of english muffin removed" -- I can customize almost ANY food to work in my plan if I use FITDAY effectively. As long as they are not my "Trigger" foods, I'm good.

Just wanted to comment/empathize and support you in your "OMG" moment -- In FL -- we don't ahve that rule, so people are even more lost. I DOOOOO love chains like Ruby Tuesdays and Applebees who are informing people and offering better choices. I don't frequent those often, but when I do, I am relieved they have some options for people. But ultimately, it is an internal education, struggle and responsibility -- so yeah, we have to start taking responsibiliy for what we PUT DOWN OUR GULLETS :-)

Take care,
ANg
PS -- one thing I really learned is that menus are "guidelines" and that most restaurants will accomodate you. They say chefs hate you but It's MY MONEY, so they can hate me all they want. I have a food allergy -- I am ALLERGIC TO FAT!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Angela, welcome back! It's good to see you.

I can attest to what you said about quitting smoking - I think I "quit" about 10 times before it finally "stuck" last year. I do think the same is true about conquering food demons, etc. You learn some more every time, until eventually you know enough to win the battle more often than not. Or something like that. It sounds like you've turned some corners and things are looking up - I'm happy for you.

It's awesome that you're back at it again - like I've often told (and tell) myself, the only thing that will make me fail at this is if I quit. Keep persistent and consistent, and you will amaze yourself with your results. I know you know this - just offering my encouragement.

This thread has been quiet - I'm not really sure why, to be honest. For my part, I'm busier, and also, well, it's kind of 'same old, same old' by me - it'll be a year in May since I started this change, so by now it's pretty routine. Eat right, work out, switch up workouts every 3-ish weeks. I'm always open to DVD suggestions, though, haha. I love my workout DVD's, even though they're so corny. I think the fact that they make me laugh must be some kind of encouragement or something, tehe. Or at least a break from the inevitable grunting and whatnot.

Well, I need to go study, so I hope all of you are doing well. Much luck and encouragement to everyone from my little corner.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

I'll keep posting to keep the thread going!!

Had a three point day yesterday! Tracked every cal to come in at 1753. I am starting with a broad range of 1400-1800 cals. I lost weight on 1500-1700 VERY well before, I will tighten up my range in the next few weeks after I get consistent with tracking EVERY MORSEL OF FOOD. I even put a dollop of whipped cream on my espresso last night and counted it! No cheating, no "well that doesn't count" -- but also NO DEPRIVATION. I am a food snob. If I have a "treat" it's a decadent I REALLY WANT THAT treat and is treated as such -- but I am loving the taste of fresh spinach, herbed chicken, homemade salad dressing with fresh herbs and EVOO, today having an Amy's Indian organci Mattar Paneer for a meatless lunch -- going to go meatless once a week or so. Making red meat an OCCASIONAL choice.

Exercise was good.

Water was good.

Off to do more!!

Love and hugs,
Ang
Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
Angela, welcome back! It's good to see you.

I can attest to what you said about quitting smoking - I think I "quit" about 10 times before it finally "stuck" last year. I do think the same is true about conquering food demons, etc. You learn some more every time, until eventually you know enough to win the battle more often than not. Or something like that. It sounds like you've turned some corners and things are looking up - I'm happy for you.

It's awesome that you're back at it again - like I've often told (and tell) myself, the only thing that will make me fail at this is if I quit. Keep persistent and consistent, and you will amaze yourself with your results. I know you know this - just offering my encouragement.

This thread has been quiet - I'm not really sure why, to be honest. For my part, I'm busier, and also, well, it's kind of 'same old, same old' by me - it'll be a year in May since I started this change, so by now it's pretty routine. Eat right, work out, switch up workouts every 3-ish weeks. I'm always open to DVD suggestions, though, haha. I love my workout DVD's, even though they're so corny. I think the fact that they make me laugh must be some kind of encouragement or something, tehe. Or at least a break from the inevitable grunting and whatnot.

Well, I need to go study, so I hope all of you are doing well. Much luck and encouragement to everyone from my little corner.
Thanks for the welcome back. It's just so hard sometimes to admit you "lost it" again -- but I am feeling more determined than in a long time!

Ang
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone today has been an ok day. I did have 3 small chocolates but i needed something sweet. The best thing that i feel really proud about is that at 8.30pm i really fancied something to eat but all i had in the house was high calorific food and kew that id have eaten it. So i decided to hop on a bus and go to the supermarket that closed at 10pm for fruit!!!
So when i got back i happily opened up a tin of pineapple in juice and felt pleased that i didnt go and eat the rest of the chocolates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.