Notices

not to be gross...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default not to be gross...

It seems like since I have started watching what I am eating my bowel movements are getting further and further apart. I am at a point where I can honestly say I am not sure when my last one was....maybe Saturday, or maybe friday? I know I need to start keeping track but I need to have one first! I don't feel bloated or in pain, I have had a couple times I thought I needed to but with no luck. I was always regular when I ate crap....has anyone else had this problem?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

i haven't, but to help get things moving are you drinking enough water? getting in some exercise? eating enough veggies? all things can help move things along.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

I am definately eating enough veggies...I'd say 50% of my intake is veggies at this point, WAY more than it used to be. Water intake is good as well. Exercise is so-so could be better, could be worse...
Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

only thing i can suggest is go for a walk or two over the next couple of days.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Are you sure about the water intake? 64 oz baseline and another 8 oz for every 10 pounds you want to lose. The other thing you should look at is are you getting enough fiber?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

I dont specifically track the exact number of oz but it is way more than I used to and I am sure I am close to adequate. If I am on the low side I would imagine it wouldnt be enough of a loss that would cause me to not have a BM for 4-5 days. I am going to increase my fiber intake but again, i know I am getting more than I used to and think I am definately close to in range.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

I went through the same thing for the first month. But now I'm 1 & 1/2 months in, and it seems to have regulated again. I do find that exercise sometimes triggers it to happen. I think my body just had to adjust to the food change.

Almeeker.....So, you are saying that 64 ounce baseline, plus 8 oz. per 10 pounds.... that would mean for me, 144 oz? yikes!! I wouldn't have time for anything but peeing

Last edited by williamscouple; 02-16-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Have you ever noticed that it's odd at different times of the month? I know during my cycling movements tend to shift around a little -- at one time of the month I'll tend to have fewer movements (maybe one every 2-3 days), and then at other times of the month I'll have 2-3 movements a day! Changing up your diet may have exacerbated the problem a little bit if it was there to begin with?

Exercise definitely triggers me too. You could try eating something a little spicy too, that tends to help clean me out!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

I was having a similar problem... perhaps not as far apart as 4-5 days but it had slowed down significantly for me too. The one thing that has literally solved my problem overnight is chia! Yes the same "chia" that is used to grow Chia Pets. I know it sounds crazy but I bought some ground chia seeds at the health food store and I sprinkle 2 tablespoons on my yogurt & blueberries for breakfast and presto my problem disappeared and I am as regular as can be every single morning! Be sure to purchase the ground chia seeds not the whole ones because they won't work as well.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 02-16-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

I 'm the same as Felice. I haven't eaten really poorly in like 5 yrs, so I can't really remember how it used to be, but in general I eat a ton of fiber and I don't go very often. Sometimes drinking hot tea or anything hot, helps. Or, get really stressed out, that always works too! hah.

Also, oat bran has more fiber than oatmeal, so I'm switching my oats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.