Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
FitDay works. 160 pounds, more or less, gone in nine months for me--hard to argue with that.

So welcome--hope you stick around and keep us posted as to your progress.

To created your sig, simply click the "User CP" in the blue bar and choose "signature" on the menu to your left. You need to create/update the sig yourself--it isn't automated.

Regards,
Michael
Michael, you are a LEGEND! 160lbs is an awesome achievement (newbies, take note!) Your commitment shines through and is an inspiration to others. Keep up the good work
Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hello!
I've been missing for a couple of weeks and I apologise! Was struggling to get a grip on my eating after my Christmas illness and I was getting very stressed with the scale, which was making me want to eat more. (Never a good thing!)
So I decided to step on once a week and just deal with it. I'm still not fully back to my former food glory, or my pre-illness weight, but my fitness has returned and I'm in the gym at least 2 hours a day for classes and running. (My new 'drug') So I am pleased with my progress, and at least if I fall down and give in to temptation I know that I've earned it.
I think I've also realised that I'm in this for the long haul, and that I won't wake up one day and be my goal weight. I've been lucky that the weight was melting off me for a good 5 months, and I'm glad that I had such a good start. It's slow (and sometimes painful), but the scale will not determine how happy I am anymore!
I hope everyone is doing wonderfully, and welcome to the newcomers!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default thanks!

Thank you for your support! Wow! That is awesome, Michael!! When you count your calories with FitDay, do you limit how many fat grams you are eating per day as well? I haven't been able to find a balance with calories and fat grams that seems reasonable. I guess, I was thinking that if I just counted calories and didn't worry about fat grams that everything would just fall into place. Can you help me with that? THanks!!
Old 02-08-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ferndills
Thank you for your support! Wow! That is awesome, Michael!! When you count your calories with FitDay, do you limit how many fat grams you are eating per day as well? I haven't been able to find a balance with calories and fat grams that seems reasonable. I guess, I was thinking that if I just counted calories and didn't worry about fat grams that everything would just fall into place. Can you help me with that? THanks!!
Hey, thanks, but I don't really do anything special--I just figured my daily burn and picked a calorie level that I can live with appetite-wise and gives me a pretty decent daily calorie deficit.

I always get at least 1500 calories and usually under 1550. I do take one day (generally) a month off where I can go over this limit (but I still log it, no matter how bad). My true average calorie consumption for the last six months is 1580/day.

Now, I try to stay around 40/30/30 carb/fat/protein mix in my pie chart. This seems to work well for me. Again, it is an average--if I'm off one way today very likely I'll be off the other way tomorrow so I don't spend much time worrying about it.

I do eat no transfats and I do at least keep an eye on sat fats. Other than that, I don't worry about it.

I generally eat four times a day and always have a fairly big hit (300 cals) of fat/protein for breakfast.

I drink roughly 2 litres of water a day and should really drink more.

I do some form of exercise daily. On work days I walk 1.5 miles in 25 minutes during lunch. On weekends, I do WiiFit and outdoor activities.

That's really it--limit processed foods, limit simple carbs, eat fruit and veggies every day and lean protein when possible.

Once you find a plan that works, this really is easy and the weight just peels off.

If you would like any more details or advice, just ask!

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 02-08-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!
Last week was terrible.. I am just feeling so low lately. There has been alot of stress in my personal life, at work etc... and I fell off the wagon last week...
Today is a new day... and I am struggling to face it with a positive attitude! I am trying to find that girl that was SOOO motivated for the past 9 weeks...

Last week I let myself be the person that I used to be... I ate my emotions.. something that I said I would never do again. And now that I have eaten some of the foods that I no longer let myself have anymore.. My body wants more!! Any suggestions? I didn't get on the scale this morning to weight myself... I will though tomorrow since I have to face the music.

I need to lose this weight... I need to get in a better health state so that I can start a family. There is nothing more I want in the world.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by juliesaid2728
Hi I need to lose this weight... I need to get in a better health state so that I can start a family. There is nothing more I want in the world.
I need to get in a better health state so that I can start a family. There is nothing more I want in the world.

This is what you need to think everytime you're putting something unhealthy to your lips! Maybe you should write it on Post-Its and put them on your fridge and cupboard doors?
Sometimes, I eat without even realising. So putting Post-Its on the biscuit tin lid and anywhere else where I might meet with temptation has really helped curb my eating.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default May I join?

Hello everyone, may I join? I've been reading over a lot of the posts. Everyone sounds so helpful! I'm gonna have to back and catch up. I have about 120 pounds to lose. I lost 100 pounds about 5 years ago low carbing and somehow slowly over time I gained it all back and then some. I've been yo yo-ing for years with so many different plans. Then it just clicked, I didn't gain it back over night, I'm not gonna lose it over night.
I've just been eating healthy and exercising every day. I'm on my second week and right now until I can go to the gym I've been doing the WAP 3 mile every day, and I have the shake weight i always use, someone gave it to me, not sure how well it works but its all I have for now.
I weighed myself yesterday after week 1 and lost 4 pounds which was a little discouraging. My husband is doing the same thing with me, and lost 13. I know every one is different. I felt like my cloths felt a little better so I was surprised so I measured and lost an 1/2 inch everywhere and 1" in my waist. So I feel good and am gonna do it this time!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tina150
Hello everyone, may I join? I've been reading over a lot of the posts. Everyone sounds so helpful! I'm gonna have to back and catch up. I have about 120 pounds to lose. I lost 100 pounds about 5 years ago low carbing and somehow slowly over time I gained it all back and then some. I've been yo yo-ing for years with so many different plans. Then it just clicked, I didn't gain it back over night, I'm not gonna lose it over night.
I've just been eating healthy and exercising every day. I'm on my second week and right now until I can go to the gym I've been doing the WAP 3 mile every day, and I have the shake weight i always use, someone gave it to me, not sure how well it works but its all I have for now.
I weighed myself yesterday after week 1 and lost 4 pounds which was a little discouraging. My husband is doing the same thing with me, and lost 13. I know every one is different. I felt like my cloths felt a little better so I was surprised so I measured and lost an 1/2 inch everywhere and 1" in my waist. So I feel good and am gonna do it this time!
Tina, welcome, we're glad to have you here!

It sounds like you're off to a good start--four pounds is nothing to sneeze at--it's 16 pounds a month if you keep up that pace. Everyone loses at a different rate so don't let your husband's faster rate discourage you. Men tend to lose faster anyway, due to more muscle mass.

Remember, the excess weight didn't come on overnight and it's going to take a while to get rid of it.

I, too, lost lots of weight in the past and found it all, plus some more. This time, it's going for good.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-08-2011, 02:30 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Cool Hi!

Hi! Do you mind if I join in?

I want to lose about 135lbs. I am really tired of trying diet plans (obviously unsuccessfully!) So I am going to just try to eat as healthy as possible, track my food/exercise in Fitday and live life to the fullest!

It will be nice to get to know everyone!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mwallace29
Hi! Do you mind if I join in?

I want to lose about 135lbs. I am really tired of trying diet plans (obviously unsuccessfully!) So I am going to just try to eat as healthy as possible, track my food/exercise in Fitday and live life to the fullest!

It will be nice to get to know everyone!
Hey, good to see you--pull up a floor board and stay a while!

Eating a reasonable amount of good food and some sort of daily exercise and tracking it all with FitDay has worked pretty well for me. I highly recommend this sort of lifestyle change over the "diet of the day".

If you have questions or would like advice, just speak up--there are lots of great people here who are more than happy to help.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.