Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card:

For a health & body:

1. Keep calories 1,500 or less. YES 1,466, NO 1,983, YES 1,476, NO 1,785
2. Drink 96 oz of water YES, YES, YES, NO short by 24 oz
3. Pie at 40/40/20. 45/38/17, 45/24/30,44/36/20, 48/27/25
4. Get in 6 hours of exercise. 90 min, 60 min, 90 min, 30 min (total 4:30)
5. Get elliptical machine up & put back together. OH YEAH BABY!!!
6. No more than 2 servings of grain based carbs per day. YES 1.5, NO 3, YES 1, YES 2
7. Maintain calorie deficit of 500 minimum. YES -1,099 NO -303, YES -1,230, NO -446

For peace of mind and spirit:

8. Take a load into Goodwill, maybe 2? NO, YES!!! NO, NO
9. Gather up coats/hats/mittens for Boy Scout coat project. Some, NO, NO, NO
10. Gather up non-perishables for Boy Scout food drive. NO, NO, NO, NO
11. Make at least 2 pieces for DD's Bloomer dress costume. NO, NO, Started the bloomers, Worked on Bloomers some more
12. Average 6 things from the to-do "list" per day. NO 2, NO YES 9, NO 1

I just did not get it done on Thursday. Calories were fine until dinner, then I ate an ounce of almonds, a tablespoon of craisins and a dinner roll that I wasn't planning on. Oh well. Sometimes when I have a double workout day, the following day is over my calorie budget.

Cassie, I'll take up your challenge, but I can already tell you my hardest goals to reach are staying within my calorie budget and tackling the projects from the "list". I'm sure I can come up with 1,000 excuses as to why that is true, but I will soul search today and tomorrow for the "truth" as to why those goals are so hard to reach, rather than just give you a list of excuses.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Diet/exercise:
1)1550 cals or below: 1422, 1655 (see exercise), 1743, 2100+ (depression and stress eating)
2) cut down on dairy: a little pesto (made with sheeps milk which I can tolerate), the rest soy cheese, I NEEDED THE CHEESE!!! Yes no cheese today,no
3) 8 glasses H2O min (track them): 72 oz, 72 oz., 48oz, 80 oz at least
4) exercise/stretch, even at home, 3x a week: gym, at home and in the gym, gym, a little aerobic stuff, not much
5) 5 fruits and veggies daily: yes, 4, 3, 4
6) cook 3-4 good dinners this week: yes, GREAT DINNER, AWESOME DINNER, worst Chinese food ever by myself in terrible environment
7) avoid tomatoes (allergy): yes, resisted the chicken parm I made and ate, chicken/veggie burger with banana ketchup instead, yup, Yes, Y
What my friend Stevie calls "Life Maintenance" stuff:
1) get back to serious writing (you know you want to): wrote but not seriously, only morning pages (journal)NO writing at all, finally wrote seriously
2) meditate (you know you need to): yes, NO, NO, Y
3) clothes in car to Goodwill, stop driving them around: clothes are still passengers in my trunk, NO clothing still my hostages, NO, N
4) call friends and family: No, YES, NO, Y
5) call doctor re tapering Lyrica: No, [color="blue"]YES, might have to call him again, called once that's it
6) keep positive as much as humanly possible: Eh but may I say you all look lovely... whaddaya want I'm trying, NO and what are you looking at? (oops! Sorry! New day), tried, NO I am defeated and depressed

Last edited by canary52; 01-28-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, Hope, so your one goal today sounds like it needs to be turning around the "defeated and depressed" feeling into something different. We all have days like that and I know it's unrealistic to think that you're going to just perk up and be bubbly (at least most of us don't make that quick a shift!).

So I will make a suggestion that you can take or leave. Could you make this day a reflective one for you? Hit the meditation hard but also maybe do some journaling, look at where you are and think about where you want to be. Sometimes having a day to "cry it out" and feel sad is good...but feeling hopeless and defeated isn't productive. If you can, give yourself a time frame to "mourn" things, like health, skinny jeans, sanity (!), or even to get angry about things, but then move into the stage of "okay, I've had my time, now it's back to thinking about what will make me feel better" and then go from there. Maybe even plan something at a certain time, like calling a friend, to make sure you make the mental shift.

Keeping positive is a bonus. It's not a "have to," and sometimes if you just let the negativity out of your system, it's easier to do the flip side. Sounds wacky, I know, but sometimes it works.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you're still checking in and being connected.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week:

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. close, close, yes, yes
2. Limit bread to one serving a day. yes, yes, yes, yes
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes, yes, yes, yes
4. Get out walking, weather permitting. (It's been below zero.) too cold, too cold, hopefully today, no, but spent the afternoon outside at the recycling center
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes, yes, yes, yes
6. Move from "healthy eating mode" to "weight loss mode" to shed a few holiday pounds. no, sort of, again, sort of, no, have accepted that this will have to wait until Monday when I will kick my own butt to get motivated.

Well, my two hardest have been getting all of my fruits and veggies in and moving from "healthy" to "weight loss" and they go together. Have 2 functions to attend this weekend where there is no choice as to menu so I will do my best. I have told myself that the laziness has to stop and will hit "weight loss mode" heavily on Monday.

quinn
Old 01-28-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hope,
Hang in there! A break in routine might be what's in order. Do something that is unusual and fun for you. This time of year, it's easy to get into a mental rut. I'm pulling for you and I know that you're going to find the solutions you're after.

Cassie,
Good luck with Chef Joseph tonight! Showcases are actually awesome because they are generally very small servings. I usually make my husband take several small things so that the chef in me can taste and "analyze" each one. A bite of each usually doesn't amount to full serving. Hope you have a wonderful time!

quinn
Old 01-28-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday's achievements:

Food
Calories: limit 1600, actual 1604
Net Carbs (carbs less fiber) : limit 25g, actual 21g
Protein: goal 100-120g, actual 125

Water: goal 40 oz., actual 40 oz.

Exercise having horrible stamina, my goal was to work my way up to 10 minutes walking at 4 MPH (2/3 mile) by this coming Sunday--achieved it YESTERDAY, but it was hard. Will allow myself to hang at 10 minutes through Sunday to get used to it before beginning to add more minutes.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

check-in for Thursday:

Not bothering - did pretty well. Went out and ate a little more than I shoulda - but ended up with a stomach bug and threw up all night
Feeling a bit better, but not interested in food today.
Hope - hang in there.
Cassie, hope you follow your own advice!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

I know it's a little late to be jumping in here since it's Friday, but this week has been crazy. I really need help through the weekends, so here are my goals for Sat and Sun.

1.Drink 64 oz water
2.Keep calories between 1200-1400
3.Take weight lifting class at gym on Sat. morn.
4.Focus on the positive things about my body and what I am doing to take care of it.
5.Clean off the top of my dresser. It's a disaster area!

I had a little chuckle about those of you who have flossing on your list. My husband teases me because I have floss in my bathroom, my purse, and my car. I am never without it.I guess I have an addiction to flossing my teeth.

Last edited by mambogirl81; 01-28-2011 at 05:10 AM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 01-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
I had a little chuckle about those of you who have flossing on your list. My husband teases me because I have floss in my bathroom, my purse, and my car. I am never without it.I guess I have an addiction to flossing my teeth.
I use to RARELY floss, now it's almost becomming a habit. I still hate my teeth and smile but I guess I can at least keep my gums healthy.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
This is me too!!! I wore braces as a kid, I have small teeth in an absolutely tiny mouth (stop laughing all of you!) so I get stuff stuck between my teeth ALL THE TIME!!! It drives me nuts, so I'm basically a flossing freak, bathroom, car, purse, den, kitchen, and one in each of my coats. I like the floss piks too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.