Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
FitDay Member

Well, my weight is still all over and the place and I'm unable to post a loss AGAIN. But my fitness is slowly returning to me. I've managed a class each day this week, including spin and weight-lifting and I'm still able to walk. So I'm happy anyway. Once again, I'm not definable by my number and it's not the end of the world if my weight stays around the 230lb mark for a bit. My face =
Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Well, my weight is still all over and the place and I'm unable to post a loss AGAIN. But my fitness is slowly returning to me. I've managed a class each day this week, including spin and weight-lifting and I'm still able to walk. So I'm happy anyway. Once again, I'm not definable by my number and it's not the end of the world if my weight stays around the 230lb mark for a bit. My face =
Sounds like your feeling much better, Felicity--a class a day is awesome!

And you're absolutely right--the number on the scale is just that, a number. It has nothing to do with our self-worth. Have a great day!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-19-2011, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Need support

Hey everyone

My name is Beth, but my friends call me Boo I'm finding this thread so inspirational. This is my first day on fitday.com and I'm already so inspired to make a change, and congratulations to all of you who are doing the same.

I have never been skinny, but in november 2009 I went on holiday to Florida (I live in the UK so it was a big treat for me!) and I was my lowest ever weight of just over 11 stone. I fell pregnant the week after I got home, and I now have a beautiful 5 month old daughter, however I also managed to gain 6 stone in my pregnancy, so I now weigh just shy of 240 lbs. I have been told by a doctor my ideal weight is 112 lbs so I have a long way to go, and I'm desperate to be thin, healthy and happy by my 21st birthday this year. I keep losing 10 lbs and putting it back on again and its driving me insane. I really really need some support from people who understand what I'm going through and who can push me to do what I need to do.

I should be enjoying my life right now instead of fearing for it.

PLEASE HELP!!

good luck to everyone

Boo xxx

CURRENT WEIGHT: 240 lbs.
Next goal weight: 224 lbs.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MummyBethanyRose
Hey everyone

My name is Beth, but my friends call me Boo I'm finding this thread so inspirational. This is my first day on fitday.com and I'm already so inspired to make a change, and congratulations to all of you who are doing the same.

I have never been skinny, but in november 2009 I went on holiday to Florida (I live in the UK so it was a big treat for me!) and I was my lowest ever weight of just over 11 stone. I fell pregnant the week after I got home, and I now have a beautiful 5 month old daughter, however I also managed to gain 6 stone in my pregnancy, so I now weigh just shy of 240 lbs. I have been told by a doctor my ideal weight is 112 lbs so I have a long way to go, and I'm desperate to be thin, healthy and happy by my 21st birthday this year. I keep losing 10 lbs and putting it back on again and its driving me insane. I really really need some support from people who understand what I'm going through and who can push me to do what I need to do.

I should be enjoying my life right now instead of fearing for it.

PLEASE HELP!!

good luck to everyone

Boo xxx

CURRENT WEIGHT: 240 lbs.
Next goal weight: 224 lbs.
Welcome, Boo.

Come up with an eating plan that you can stick to (i.e. keeps you full) and that gives you enough of a calorie deficit so that you're losing at a comfortable rate.

Get some sort of exercise going, if you're able--even stepping in place is better than nothing.

Now log every single bite of food and caloric beverage that goes in your mouth into FitDay. This is probably the most important thing, so do it. Really, every day--do it!

And, the weight will peel off. There's no reason you can't be at least 50 lbs. slimmer by the start of summer.

If you have any questions, need advice, or just a good kick in the you-know-what, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-19-2011, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Sounds like your feeling much better, Felicity--a class a day is awesome!

And you're absolutely right--the number on the scale is just that, a number. It has nothing to do with our self-worth. Have a great day!

Regards,
Michael
Thank you Michael,
I had a nap and woke up kinda feeling like a worn out Whack-A-Mole, but I can live with a little discomfort.
Hope you're keeping well. x
Old 01-19-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats! That's fantastic. We need to celebrate very milestone....each step in the journey is one step in the right direction....be brave, be proud.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Whoo hooo

I know that we need to be self-motivated and learn to love ourselves....but man did it feel good when a co-worker asked how much weight I had losted and congratulated me for looking so good! Well as good as a woman can look at 275lbs.

I am 18 days into this 'retread' journey in finding a better and healthier me. They say it takes 28 days to change or create an new behaviour, 10 days to go..... time to make it stick...

Today...I am loving me and the new me that is emerging.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats Jacqueline, and Felicity all that hard work will pay off!

An update for me... Stiff.. oh my goodness... whole body stiff, but determined to do it again tomorrow.

Julieann
Old 01-19-2011, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

i have a herniated disc and its affecting my legs i barely walk or stand for a very long time . my husband gradution is apr 9 is ther an exercise that i can do that cna get my legs in shpae by that time (p.s no walking exercises i cant barely walk)
Old 01-20-2011, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hello fellow losers.

I'm new around here. I'm looking to lose around 150 pounds. I never imagined my weight would get this out of hand. I'm only 21 years old, and I've got high blood pressure (which I've actually had since I was 13, even at healthy weights). Even so I'm here, and I'm dedicated. I'm notorious for fad dieting. That's going to change today. Instead of giving myself a mere 800 calories a day (as I've done before), I'm starting off at a whopping 2000 calories. That will allow me to lose gradually and comfortably, and also give me plenty of room for adjustments as I continue to lose more weight. I'm also looking to become a vegetarian.

Anyway just wanted to throw my hat into the 100+ club and introduce myself. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.