Notices

Motivational starting 1/10

Old 01-14-2011, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by branmuffin36
4. Burn 620 calories more per day than I eat (easier than a limit on calories) Yes last week, not great yesterday but not as bad as I feared, was at about 1,900 due to my weakness for dairy and really feeling sorry for myself.
5. Meet RDA goals for nutrients - No, having a hard time with iron, I know....multivitamin.... anyone have a multivitamin easy on the stomach? EVERY time I take one I get really nauseous for like an hour, and this is even being extra sure to take on a full stomach with water or milk. Have tried about 4 brands so far.
Energy level is way up. However, experiencing severe mood swings, which aren't normal for me. Not PMS time for me either.
Bran, be careful with the over excercise! I was burning exactly what I was eating and then I got a virus or food poisoning and was in the hospital with acute pancreatitus. I'm convinced it was from overworking my body!

As far as the multivitamins go, make sure to take them with food and avoid acids like OJ when taking them. I take Herbal Lifes once Daily... it's like a regular vitamin with more b-6 and b-12, niacin, and thiamine. I also taske St. Johns Wort, vitamin D, and some other rainforest mumbojumbo my aunt sent me... I think I must have a stomach of steel. But they used to bother me too.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Good job on all those YES! responses ladies! It's awesome to see so much motivation!
I have been eating more than my calorie goal on average so I have a No, BUT I've still been losing weight and excercising which is awesome.

ReStart Date: 01/01/11 @ 194
Todays Date: 01/14/11 @186
Goal Date: 04/15/11 @160
Old 01-14-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

check in for Thurs

1.64 oz of waterYES,YES,NO,NO
2.No processed foodsYESYEs,NO,YES
3.Make each workout count!YESYES,No workout at all NO,
4.In bed by 10 p.m.this is the hard one in my house! Yes,NO,YES,NO
5.No eating before bed.YES,YES,YES,YES
6.Sort through the clothes my dd has outgrown and pack them up and drop off at Goodwill.NO,NO,NO,NO

Too many NO's on the list. The last two days have been rough. Oh well, today will be better. (positive thinking and all that)
Old 01-14-2011, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

1. YES all week to 5-7 servings of veggies and fruits! Except today but there's always dinner!
2. YES to working out, I even did extra and worked out for 7 days in a row!!!
3. Mon and Tues I kept my cal's low but the past 3 days I've been around 2000 or more, but I actually fit better into my skinniest jeans so I think the working out has been toning me up some more. YAY
Old 01-14-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
1. YES all week to 5-7 servings of veggies and fruits! Except today but there's always dinner!
2. YES to working out, I even did extra and worked out for 7 days in a row!!!
3. Mon and Tues I kept my cal's low but the past 3 days I've been around 2000 or more, but I actually fit better into my skinniest jeans so I think the working out has been toning me up some more. YAY
So what is your stradegy( or what kind of diet) are you on. Is it work? I still try t find out about it. Some day you eat more, some day you eat less? How is it work?
Mai
Old 01-14-2011, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Friday check-in:
1. 1500 cal per dayyes!NoNoclose - 1545yes
2. Exercise 45 minutes minimum for at least 4 daysNoYes no. yes!yes
3. 72 ounces of water each dayYes!yesyesYes!yes
4. 5 servings of frts/veg's per dayYes!NoyesYes!yes
5. Multivitamin dailyNoyesyesYes!yes
6. Get the holiday things put away!Nope.no.Not yet.Done!
7. Balance the checkbook!Nope.no.Not yet.maybe tonight...yes!

Today started out horribly, but I was able to turn it around. Took the afternoon off, and got errands done and was able to work in a GOOD run outside in the cold before I picked up the kids. Thanks Cassie - got the checkbook done. Didn't find any extra money, unfortunately.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default ARRG is it Friday already??? where did the week go

This week I will:
1. Join CrossFit (an awesome, intense, focused workout)NO, looks like this will roll over to next week
2. Keep the carbs to 35%-40% of the calories YES! but only because #3 below was a big NO. Never really thought about using a glass or 2 of wine to lower the percent carbs. I think it might be cheating even if I do keep within my caloring limit
3. Refrain from alcohol (yikes! football party at our house on Monday)See # 2 above
4. Finish that dang quality control report at work (not diet/fitness related, but it is stressing me out big time!) Yes

Well, we are back in the land of snow in the Eastern Sierras for the long weekend. Got in about 6 last night and the driveway had once again filled in with wind blown snow. At least it was just a small section that was easily shoveled out this afternoon. Have a great weekend everyone and take good care of yourself!

Pam
Old 01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
So what is your stradegy( or what kind of diet) are you on. Is it work? I still try t find out about it. Some day you eat more, some day you eat less? How is it work?
Mai
I don't actually have a strategy, which is why I am not getting closer to my "goal" weight, but I know calorie cycling or zig zagging is supposed to help with weight loss plateaus. I calorie cycle b/c I'm usually not hungry 1-2 days a week but the remaining 5 days I'm really really hungry and have no self-control!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nottango
Friday check-in:
1. 1500 cal per dayyes!NoNoclose - 1545yes
2. Exercise 45 minutes minimum for at least 4 daysNoYes no. yes!yes
3. 72 ounces of water each dayYes!yesyesYes!yes
4. 5 servings of frts/veg's per dayYes!NoyesYes!yes
5. Multivitamin dailyNoyesyesYes!yes
6. Get the holiday things put away!Nope.no.Not yet.Done!
7. Balance the checkbook!Nope.no.Not yet.maybe tonight...yes!

Today started out horribly, but I was able to turn it around. Took the afternoon off, and got errands done and was able to work in a GOOD run outside in the cold before I picked up the kids. Thanks Cassie - got the checkbook done. Didn't find any extra money, unfortunately.

Hey, only 11 more pounds to go! You can do it!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=RunbikeSki;32063]This week I will:
1. Join CrossFit (an awesome, intense, focused workout)NO, looks like this will roll over to next week
2. Keep the carbs to 35%-40% of the calories

Tell me how CrossFit goes; I am always trying to come up w new exercise plans b/c I get tired of repeating the same 5 DVDs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.