Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
The Healthy Community #2 >

The Healthy Community #2

Community
Notices

The Healthy Community #2

Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Lol Cassie!! Thanks for the encourage. I surpassed what I planned with the squats and such and did my "Firm" step workout for the First Time!! I did the whole thing! I am so proud of myself. I probably looked like a complete goof as I wasn't able to hear the cues with my IPOD in, but I didn't stop moving for 30 mins straight, so whatev. YAY me! Not to mention, I pushed on even though I had a killer headache the whole time. I can't imagine being in a gym 5-6 days a week for hours, but I'm happy chasing around my four kids and fitting in a video 3-4 times a week. SMiliNg PrOuDly at MySelF.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Default Yay Michelle!

Look at you go! That is impressive and I'm so glad to hear it. The whole tone of your posts changed, so I know you must be feeling good!

That's why exercise is a double bonus...your body benefits, and so does your state of mind.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:10 PM
FitDay Member

Been a long day today but that's okay. I didn't work... which was nice because today was my first day off in a week... but I kicked butt and made the house presentable because I had some friends from out of town come visit for one day and it was nice. I cooked dinner for them and counted it as my cheat meal for the week... but that's okay.

I won't hit 200 by the 18th... BUT I will hit 200... So that's all that matters.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Question for you ZigZaggers

Don't you get more cravings by ZigZagging. I find that if I get back into the bad carbs (thinking pizza - white crust) that I crave them more and it is harder to get back on track. I have never tried ZigZagging so this is not a criticism but rather a question based on my past experience - I find after something like this I then want the Fritos (my downfall)
Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Jan, everybody is different, but personally I get fewer cravings with the zig zagging because it lets me plan when to have the things I want. I still try not to make bad choices (the pizza we went out for actually had a wheat crust). I was really hungry for tortilla chips this week so I went with the Snyder's Eat Smart Naturals...very simple ingredients and lots of little healthy seeds (though that was a different day than the pizza). But I wouldn't have done that on a lower calorie day.

My husband and I were talking about that this morning. I do better if I know I can have a goodie every once in a while (and it is within my calorie / macronutrient range or I can compensate); he is a don't touch it at all or I won't stop kind of person. My sister is, too. She has not eaten pizza in seven years. I couldn't sustain a lifestyle like that without rebounding on the foods I tell myself I could "never" have.

So it looks like there are two different mindsets; neither one is better...the key is to find what you will stick with. Regarding the zig zagging, you can always fill your higher (and it's not hugely higher...varies by about 300 from average) calorie days with non-splurge foods; I often use those days for things like yogurt with nuts or granola mixed in, raisins, avocados, spaghetti (whole wheat, usually)...things that are sometimes too high calorie for other days.

Way to go, Jennifer Glad you got some down time! Enjoy!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hello,

Just checking in. My main exercise has been walking (still), and I am bent on incorporating some additional exercise this week. Checking into swimming schedule today. Going to do some yoga and stretching every morning. I used to go to a yoga class which really got my day off to a good start. Going to check around for classes today too.

Really thin crust pizza is actually not too bad calorie wise, and with veggies and a little low fat cheese, is can be a decent food in moderation. But it happens to be a 'trigger' food for me so I have to be careful or I get carried away and eat too much of it..! So I am just having pizza once in awhile, once a month.

I find I am a zig zagger myself, just naturally fell into that cycle, so am just going with it. I agree, it is a very individual thing, we all have to find our own way to get healthy and meet our goals we have set for ourselves!

Have a great day...weigh in tomorrow..eeee!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weigh-in Today

Ok, I lost 3 lbs. Even with my screw-up with the late night cheeseburger. Finally it is paying off bit by bit. Total weight lost so far 5lbs. That is about 10% off my total goal of 50 lbs. Thank you everyone for your support.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Mandevil! That is an awesome loss!! All this diligence is going to pay off for all of us - and we don't have to completely deprive ourselves to achieve our goals!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Default Good news, bad news...

So, over the past few weeks as I've been doing my DVD workout and the treadmill, I've noticed (according to my heart rate monitor) that I am burning fewer and fewer calories. I guess that is because I am losing some weight and also because I am getting better conditioned. I am kinda jazzed about that, but what it really means is that I have to work out longer and harder to get the same calorie burn.

Not so jazzed about that part, actually

Congrats on your loss mandevil! 10% there!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats mandevil... that's awesome! Really wanted to go walking today but I guess I'm a wimp and thought it was just to cold. Sooooo I reluctantly did 35 min on my gazelle instead, once I started though it was easier than I thought to finish out the time.
I to am doing the zigzag thing However I havent really indulged in anything. I still try to make healthy choices on my high calorie days. Thats just what works for me.

Cassie, awesome on the endurance thing. I feel your pain when you say now you just have to work out harder and longer though!

Jennifer way to stay positive! I believe you will hit 200, you are working hard towards your goals, you are a great motivator!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.