Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 1/3/2011??

Old 01-06-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Meekness
My vows are to:

Workout Mon-Fri
Take my vits/minerals
Eat Clean

Thanks,
Meekness
Are you my sister-in-law?
Old 01-06-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

nottango- Thanks for the help. I am lacking in computer skills. By the way, does your name having anything to do with tango dancing? I teach ballroom dancing, so that jumped out at me.

Report for yesterday:

1. 64 oz. of water- Close,Yes, Yes, plus some
2. No processed foods.- Yes, (except a 1/2Tbs) of store bought salad dressing YES, Yes
3. Push myself more in my workouts. Yes,YES, Yes(my hamstrings will testify)
4. Log my food.Yes,Yes,YES
5. Not eat before bed. Yes,Yes, Yes
week!

Keep going ladies,we are halfway through the week!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Are you my sister-in-law?
LOL. If your name is Donna or Phyllis, than, "yes".
Old 01-06-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Newbie Jumping In

Hi, Started my "Fit 4 Life" plan on the infamous New Year's day, luckily found this site that day. I am nervous. Reading many many posts (as much as possible) and ready make myself publicly accountable.
Height 5/6"
Weight 1/1/11: 158 - heaviest ever!!! Heavier than when I was 40 weeks pregnant!
Goal weight: 130 (with lots of muscle!)

1. 64 oz. of water- Yes plus a little more to be sure. Does Milk count?
2. Get moving 30 minutes of cardio heart raising activities per day - yes so far!
3. Log Everything I put in my mouth, no fibbing to myself. Yes
4. Burn 620 calories more per day than I eat (easier than a limit on calories) Yes, as of yesterday was down 4,000 for first 5 days!
5. Meet RDA goals for nutrients - No, having a hard time with iron, I know....multivitamin....
Old 01-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Hello, branmuffin and Meekness...welcome to the Land of Accountability! This thread is great for that, and a new one will pop up on Monday, so be sure and look for that one to help with goals next week! Sounds like you both have good plans in place; good luck and ask for help if you need it
Old 01-06-2011, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

1) drink more water yes
2) eat between 1800-1900kcal 2065 but 132g protein
3) no more than 50g of fat a day (eliminate nuts as much as possible) yes 46.4
4) continue with bike and dvd on alternating days again yes
5) be firm and not give up in support of DH in his quitting smoking (top priority) hm.....
6) send a letter to grandma, with the pics i promised her today i will
yes finally

DH smokes again, less than he used to, but he does. I thought this was a bad day coz my calories are really high, but my fat grams are low (yay!) and grandma will finally get her letter with LO's pics. Overall good day
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

1) Eat at least 4 servings of fruit/veg a day (I know, pathetic. Does a banana count as one or two?!) No, No, No, Yes
2) Perform stretches every night (I managed to strain my lower back on Sat trying to jump rope; it's so hard to exercise in the winter!!! My back still hurts and is limiting my motion). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3) No secret grazing while cleaning up after dinner! No, Yes, No, No
4) No cramming stale chocolate in my mouth at work just b/c it's lying around everywhere No, No, No, No
Old 01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for the tips. Do you think Jillian Michaels 30 day shred counts as HIIT?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

It's not traditional HIIT, but it does vary speeds somewhat. I think it all depends on how hard you are working. If you get to the point of perceived exertion being really far up the scale, then maybe. I never really got to that point with 30DS, but I like the way the DVD combines strength, cardio, and abs. You would be great doing HIIT with your running, though. I usually do 30 seconds max exertion, recover for a minute, then repeat. Sometimes it's 45 seconds, 90 seconds, but whatever works for you is good.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
It's not traditional HIIT, but it does vary speeds somewhat. I think it all depends on how hard you are working. If you get to the point of perceived exertion being really far up the scale, then maybe. I never really got to that point with 30DS, but I like the way the DVD combines strength, cardio, and abs. You would be great doing HIIT with your running, though. I usually do 30 seconds max exertion, recover for a minute, then repeat. Sometimes it's 45 seconds, 90 seconds, but whatever works for you is good.
I rarely do intervals while running, out of sheer laziness I suppose. I don't think I could do intervals of max exertion, I think I'd have to do 70% exertion.

I just did "Total Rock Hard Body by Jake Xtreme" on exercisetv.tv; it was pretty good and I did the gentler modifications to protect my knees and back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.