Notices

100 lb club

Old 02-09-2010, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hello to all the new faces on here! I'm glad to see this board getting active again! I missed chit chatting with folks on here.

I'm coming off of a really bad week. My "I don't care switch" just flipped on. I didn't have as much of an unholy relaspe as I have been known to have, but I didn't exercise last week at all, and I wasn't tracking food or anything. I gained a couple of pounds, but nothing crippling. Its so frustrating that I feel like I have to fight so hard to lose a single pound, but I can gain multiple in the blink of an eye. Its ok, though. I haven't made it all back to square one, and I refuse to throw away two months of work over one bad week.

My exercise video that I was doing through on demand is gone now, so I was thinking about just doing some jogging in place, with some other intermittent activity for about an hour and see how that goes. Take an hour block of TV that I know I'm going to watch today, and like do the jogging while the show is on, and spend the commercial breaks engaging my arms and core. Something like that. Its worth a try until it warms up enough to go outside.

So here's to renewed efforts and not giving up!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Diane

I know what you are going thru...like the honeymoon stage is over and trying really hard to get to where you felt before. We cant force ourselves to feel what we dont but sometimes just mixing things up a bit can help. Tends to give me more hope when I start looking up new recipes..or trying a new food or even looking for a different exercise. Keep coming here and talking about it. Im pretty sure we have all been there at one time.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default exercise workouts...

if it works for you at all, youtube seems to have lots of exercise videos... real and otherwise lol...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hang in there

I really enjoy the posts and it help to check in with everyone. It is a struggle some days to exercise, but if I can just get started then I usually finish my routine. I am using the Wii Fit+ and it helps that it is motivating me as well. I just take one day at a time and if I fall off, I don't beat myself up anymore and quit completely. I am trying to make life changes and I know that doesn't happen overnight. This site has helped me to see the bad food choices and I am trying to cook more healthy meals. Hope everyone has a great day- hang in here!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies! I seem to be back in the right direction. I jogged in place for the second day in a row, and while I feel extraordinarily silly, I'm sweating, so that means I'm burning! I keep thinking of all these things I want to buy with my tax return, but now I'm kind of thinking about maybe just getting one or two things, and hanging on to the rest and using it for a gym membership. There's one I really want to join that's women only, and surprisingly cheap. In fact, if my money comes in next week like it should, then I can catch the 12.99 a month special! Even if I don't, I think the most it is is 17 bucks or so. The only thing I'm afraid of is that I won't have a job before the money runs out. So I might just put that idea on pause. I threatened to buy a treadmill last night and put it in our apartment. I wish I could have gotten a picture of my boyfriend's face. It was pretty funny. I still might look into it.....

So how is everyone doing? Good day/bad day? I would say good day on my end, its not even 11 yet, and I got started right, so usually if I get started right I can carry the momentum through the rest of the day! Hang in there everyone, and stay strong!!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone\
hmmm I never thought to look at Youtube for exercise videos..good idea!!
Diane do you have to sign up for a whole year or can you pay monthly and see how your money goes?? I like the womens gym idea...the place I go has men and women and Im too embarassed to use the equipment with them around...I just walk the track and pretend they arnt there. haha...I found out after I bought my yearly YMCA membership that there is a Curves near me..if I would have known I would have joined there instead...
Speedyfair, since Ive been journalling again Ive gotten back on track. Its too easy to just eat without planning...I tend to overeat and then wonder why Im not losing.

have a great day everyone!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Good day today- feeling healthier and have more energy - It really helps to log my food, I look at something and think - I would have to log that and it would make my number look terrrible. Had a real challenge this morning- was in an early morning meeting and had not had time for breakfast- bad I know, and another manager walked in with donuts. Thank God I had thought ahead a keep things in my desk- I was able to go get my dark chocolate almond fiber bar with only 90 cal and did not feel deprived. Small Victory !!!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone

good going speedyfair!!
Last night I almost talked myself out of going to the Y this afternoon...we upped our speed and boy did I feel it all last night. But instead of callig my friend and cancelling I decided to wait till this morning and see...Im glad I did because Im movtivated again to go...see having to account to a walking buddy does help. Aquafit tonight as well.....
dh and I are planning to go out for supper tomorrow night restuarant choice is up to me so Im going to look up some menus and plan something on plan.
have a great day everyone.....
Old 02-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Patti...what's aquafit? Sounds really neat. Is it like water aerobics?

Thanks for the idea about the menus. We are supposed to go for Vietnamese on Valentine's Day (well, Saturday). I need to start looking stuff up so I can make a good choice.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hi - everyone. Eating out is hard as you're not sure how it is prepared, but if you have any applebee's they have some new under 550 calorie meals. I had the steak with grilled veggies last weekend and it was delicious- couldn't believe it was on my diet plan.
How you have a great Valentines Day !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.