Community
Notices

buddy wanted

Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default buddy wanted

Hi I'm Jill, I joined 3 days ago and would really love a buddy to keep me motivated, I Live in Scotland, UK, I am 46yrs old, Married with 3 children and 2 grandchildren, I currently have a bad back and so for the next few weeks exercise is out so need some help to stay on track.

Looking forward to any replies
Jill x
Old 12-05-2010, 10:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Jill, welcome to the forum. I live in the US, but my husband is part Scottish and my dad's family is Irish. We also have 3 kids, but no grandchildren, our oldest is only 9. I'm 42, although I usually lie about my age . My back is fine, but I have a bum knee and shoulder, so rain never catches me by surprise, I can feel it coming for 2 days.

So how much do you have to lose? And what is your game plan to get there? I've found this site to be really liberating in terms of coming clean on my statistics. There are some really good threads you might want to look in to, depending on how much you want to lose and which diet/philosophy you are following.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome. There is a great community here for support. Whatever you need, support, information, or to just vent just let us know.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Still need a buddy?

Our situations are similar. I have a herniated disk, just had an epidural a few weeks ago, can't really exercise. I'm married with two kids and weigh 277.2. Someone said they needed a buddy. Do you still need one? I need a buddy, too.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default Me too!

Jill,
I too am in need of a buddy. I joined tonight. 39yrs old, married, mother of 2 ages 16 and 9. I need to lose around 40lbs+. I am currently 5'7" and weight 196. :-( Hope to see you around!
Ann
Old 12-17-2010, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, ditto to the buddy need. I am brand spankin' new. I just purchased the PC version of Fitday. I live in California, 30 years old, married, and I have a 10 year old son. Looking forward to hearing from someone.