Community
Notices

gals with 70 lbs-ish to go

Old 11-23-2010, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

I answered your note on the other homeopathic hcg board. I found a clinic that sells them in Toronto but you have to be a patient and it is too far for me to travel every week.

I did find a health food store that will be eventually carry them so I am waiting. I have had success with homeopathy for other things so maybe it would work well for me too.

Keep us posted...I like the fact that you don't have to do it indefinitely...I just want a jump start to lose some weight and then maintain eating healthfully.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bobbienne
Keep us posted...I like the fact that you don't have to do it indefinitely...I just want a jump start to lose some weight and then maintain eating healthfully.
That's what I'm thinking too, I just want a jump start. I have some long term goals in mind, and I know it will take me a while to reach them. Eventually, I want to be able to run one whole mile without stopping. I also want to do some weight lifting for definition, not bulk.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a good plan.

I joined FD a week ago tomorrow and lost 1.6 lbs...s-l-o-w I realize that it is considered acceptable since 2 lbs "should" be the maximum but I have tried soooo many times I want some real results...

It is funny because I would have scoffed at the idea a year ago...
Old 11-24-2010, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

So I started a kidney flush today...that was dumb since I have to go every 5 minutes LOL.

Got lots of rest yesterday feeling more fit and up...I guess I needed that downtime.

Have a good day ladies! B.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Morning all hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Have a good weekend!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

HI LADIES -- I know it may seem like it's NOT a fit, but the 100+ lbs group may be where you want to land. These fitday forums aren't "fast moving" if they get too specific. But the 100+ ladies are pretty active and welcome those of us in the 50-100 lb loss group as well (I need to lose about 60-70 myself, but they welcomed me).

Just a thought -- check it out. The current thread is no stopping us in NOvember.

I personally would like to see that thread get MORE members so that we can be active in support -- especially during really tough times like weekends and holidays. It's weird when you're going "helllloooooo out there???" because a thread isn't that active during those times.

ANyway -- just a thought if your 70+ group doesn't continue to grow???

Take care,
Angela
Old 11-27-2010, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Angela, I will check it out.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default I did it before... I can do it again!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Melissa and I have been a member of this site, in what it seems like forever. I lost 70lbs. using this site, exercising, and eating right. Unfortunately, my ego got the best of me and I started eating whatever I wanted. Almost two years later, I have put back on the 70lbs, as well as 5 more additional pounds.

Here I am starting my lifestyle change once again. I wanted to procrastinate it and start it after the holidays, but if I don't start now, I never will. I started out the morning not eating right, and then I decided that I could do this! I worked out for a good 40 minutes... I got pooped doing a workout dance video.. my goal was 50 minutes. I wore out easily. I remember when that was an easy work out for me.

Another reason I need to lose weight is because I have so many aches and pains now, more than many of my clients I work with (geriatric). I work with the elderly. I am in my 20s. 26 in fact! I have heal spurs, back pains, kneck pains, etc. I will be pinned an RN in 6 months and I'd like to be a good role model for my future patients.

In a better note, I am getting married 5-7-11. My dress is too tight! It fit 3 months ago. My goal would be to get it pulled in. My first ultimate goal is to first fit into it.

I am so glad I found this site. I really never visited the forums of this site. Honestly thought it was a pay service. I went to myfitness pal and wondered why fitday didnt have any boards, but then I looked into it and decided I'm sticking with fitday and checking into these forums.

I wish all you guys goodluck! I'm hoping to find the support and advice I need this time around. It is very tough though, but I can do it. I did it before and I just need to stay motivated.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

I am getting married 5-7-11. My dress is too tight!
Welcome Melissa! Well, you definately have a goal with timeline to work towards. Good luck, and you are right: you can do this!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Melissa!!!
Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Good for you for wanting to do this now for you.

I have set a 37.7 lb goal for March 31st and will go from there (77.7 lbs total). I have often lost over the last 15 years but the lowest was 180 but I usually only go down to about 190 and either give up, get tired or plateau...

I honestly didn't diet this time around and lost more than 5 lbs in 1½ weeks just by documenting my food. I did however eat more if I felt I didn't have enough calories and tried to alternate the calorie amounts from day to day... I had some fries, chocolate just to see what would happen and I had cravings...TOM

I couldn't believe it! I am thinking of starting the Curves carbohydrate-sensitive plan (from a book I've had from when I used to do the Curves workout), just as soon as I have the appropriate groceries this week.

Good luck with everything!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.