Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Truvia sweetener >

Truvia sweetener

Community
Notices

Truvia sweetener

Old 10-29-2010, 03:59 PM
FitDay Member

Truvia is completely safe. My husband is a physician and uses Truvia because he didn't care for the nasty chemical after-tase he said he experienced when injesting Splenda and Nutrasweet. He recommends Truvia as a safe, non-adicting alternative to sugar.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Truvia

I have been using Truvia for a long time now for my coffee, and for anything else that needs a little sweetening. I was addicted to Sweet & Low, but switched to this because it is supposed to be natural. It took a little getting used to but now I really like it. I have not heard any negative things about it. I hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

By using Truvia and begin to actually feel several unwanted effects the highly recommended idea is usually to go to your medical doctor and ask for a support. As a result you'll be able to attain effective help and advice and also the correct treatment as required. Something else we must focus on is that you should never apply of excess sums of Truvia, should you currently making use of it. We realize that all kinds of sugar aren't truly nourishing and well-balanced nevertheless or can be the sweetening, especially in great amounts. There are certainly women and men and some fat loss programs that can support someone to do not use sugars. However, do not be misled that low caloric sweetening will help you shed some pounds, seeing that plenty of these will probably simply slow your own metabolic rate.

At some point, this doesn't make any difference if you employ low calorie sweeteners or sweets in the eating routine, you must utilize small volumes then there may very well be virtually no uncomfortable side effects. However, be sure to don't forget to check with your personal medical professional or dietitian in relation to the application of sweeteners in your regular diet plan.

More Information : Truvia Side Effects | Side Effects Guide
Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Truvia/Stevia

I have used Truvia on a few occasions, when it has been available at a meeting or a friends home, but when I looked for it in the market I could only find it in packet form, which is fine if you are in a public setting, but creates a lot of waste if you are at home.

After searching for other alternatives, I found "Sweet Leaf" in powder form, and it was available in more of a bulk type container, but you would have to have a special measuring spoon to measure one serving (1/8 of a teaspoon!).

After searching some health food stores, I found stevia in liquid form. It mixes into liquids easier, especailly if they are cold, and you get 288 servings in a 2oz bottle (5 drops per 8oz of liquid). It comes in several flavors, and I found through trial and error, that it makes a great soda replacment! My mother, who hates all forms of "artifical" sweeteners because of the strange after taste they leave, and even she liked it .

My favorite combination is 10-15 drops of the vanilla cream flavor in a 12oz can of club soda in place of a standard vanilla cream drink. It has no sugar and no caffine. You can still sorta taste the club soda, but that can be over come by adding more drops to your taste. I also like the lemon or orange flavors in club soda.

Although I haven't tried it yet, I'm betting that it would be good in unflavored fat free yogurt (regular or Greek) I even found chocolate raspberry flavor at one of the stores I went into .

I realize that this poste isn't exactly about Truvia, but I thought that people might find it intresting anyways

Have a great day