Notices

What if?

Old 11-03-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default What if?

My OH said to me this morning that since I dropped the weight he has fallen in love with me all over again, which was kind of nice. It got me thinking though, what if I hadn't started this?

If I had done the usual 'New Year Diet' thing back in Jan and then gone back to my old ways, what would I weigh now after another 10 months of neglect? I would probably be in the 220 range, which at my height would make me morbidly obese. A size 22 (which I almost was!) or a 24 even? Even fatter and more uncomfortable with myself, more miserable than I was back then?

He might have got sick of me being fat and miserable, who knows? All I know is we are happier than we have ever been, because I am happier, fitter, slimmer (sexier!) and I have my confidence back.

Think about it if you are just starting out guys, think about the choice you have to make, and if you don't commit, what will another year do to you?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing. I agree. We ask ourselves, how can I do this? But the question really is, how can I not? It is very daunting to start this whole process, but I can't imagine where I would be in a year. We tend to fall off the wagon, and then eat it. lol
Old 11-03-2010, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

A friend of mine said to me the other day "you've taken 20 years off". I look about my age, so what did I look like before? YIKES!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by soon2bkimk
Thanks for sharing. I agree. We ask ourselves, how can I do this? But the question really is, how can I not? It is very daunting to start this whole process, but I can't imagine where I would be in a year. We tend to fall off the wagon, and then eat it. lol
LMAO @ eating the wagon! On a serious note, I know now that I was eating myself into an early grave, and that thought horrifies me. I might even be dead by now!

Originally Posted by almeeker
A friend of mine said to me the other day "you've taken 20 years off". I look about my age, so what did I look like before? YIKES!!!
I know exactly what I looked like *shudders*...you are doing fantastically well my friend, your advice, support and the example you set is invaluable to this site. Well done
Old 11-03-2010, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gallusgal
I know exactly what I looked like *shudders*...you are doing fantastically well my friend, your advice, support and the example you set is invaluable to this site. Well done
You're not so bad yourself there honey...
Old 11-04-2010, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

You're not so bad yourself there honey...
See you at the finish line! I might even post one of those dreadful Christmas pics and an 'after' pic, shame I deleted them all..maybe some malicious family member has one!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

great post! and the taken 20yrs off comment... I've had people that's seen my before and after pics saw that I could be my own son. My brother and I work together and I get asked all the time if he's my dad, it happened today. lol
Old 11-04-2010, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Not too long ago we threw my brother a surprise 40th Birthday party. Quite a few of his co-workers came out for it, which was great, because most of the family members never had met his work buddies before. After the evening had progressed and much alcohol consumed, one of his best buds at work says to me "hey let's do this again in a few years when you turn 40". Okay I could have been honest and said "Dude, I'm his big sister, you missed that party already". But alas I did not, he left that party thinking I'm the baby sister.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Not too long ago we threw my brother a surprise 40th Birthday party. Quite a few of his co-workers came out for it, which was great, because most of the family members never had met his work buddies before. After the evening had progressed and much alcohol consumed, one of his best buds at work says to me "hey let's do this again in a few years when you turn 40". Okay I could have been honest and said "Dude, I'm his big sister, you missed that party already". But alas I did not, he left that party thinking I'm the baby sister.
lol that's funny... I thought you were a guy. Sorry, I had assumed your name was Al Meeker.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
lol that's funny... I thought you were a guy. Sorry, I had assumed your name was Al Meeker.
Nope. If I had been a guy my name never would have been Al, it would have been David.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.