Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

Need2lose, Congrats on meeting your 5-day-workout goal, good going!

Daisy, Thanks for the reminder on the snacks while driving. I have a habit of munching while I drive. Need to remember to toss some almonds, granola etc into my purse. Planning is key! Way to go controlling yourself with the chilli portions too. I find measuring helps me too, it's been a real wakeup call actually. I try to guess how much something is, and realize I always underestimate! Learning everyday...

Kathie, Glad your batch of soup turned out great! Yum!

Jan, Welcome to the thread! Sorry about your accident! I have never used a personal trainer myself, but I did go and inquire one time. Rates are really high. Maybe you could look up some videos on the internet to guide your workout techniques on the weights, or maybe pick up a book?

Jennifer, I think having an active job like you do is really going to help! 2 lb/week is a reasonable goal..it is my goal too (although I am a little bit behind at the moment and am panicing a bit). Kicking it into high gear this week. BTW, I love how pumped you are about doing this!

Had a successful night out last night. Had a couple stuffed mushrooms, and a caesar salad, and was satisfied with that. Went to see a band afterwards, and had 3 drinks, vodka/soda/lime, and did not snack at all. I am starting some evening pottery classes this week, so that is going to help me curb the evening snacking.

Today I walked outside for exercise, will get on the mill tomorrow AM. Have a fantastic day everyone!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
FitDay Member

I kinda broke down and poured myself a HUGE bowl of cereal. I ate less then half and with every bite I thought to myself "this isn't good! DON'T EAT ANOTHER BITE!" My will power was not as strong as my mind wanted it to be. But I looked over and saw an old drink and without hesitating I picked it up and poured it into my cereal... haha. That bowl was un-edible from that point on. So, YAY!

I need to kick my butt into high gear. Seriously.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default RE: Calorie requirements on Fitday!

hey, everyone..just read through this thread and I have to say WAY TO GO...you are all doing so great!
I have used fitday off and on for a few years and one thing I've discovered is that fitday does not add in your sleep time when it calculates calories needed to maintain. You need to go into activities and choose "sleeping" and put in 8 hours (or whatever you sleep each night) and it then adjusts your calories burned each day. I noticed some of you were skeptical about how much it says you burn even when you have sedendary as your daily activity.
Go back and change that to an honest assessment, add your hours slept and it should be about right. Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys! Just getting caught up on the weekend's posts. I don't spend much time on the computer on the wekeends. I didn't even turn it on this past weekend. Trying to catch up on time with the boyfriend. Gross and sappy, I know, but it is what it is.

Sounds like everyone was in pretty good spirits this weekend! I too, had some problems with munching control. We were getting low on food in the kitchen and I was just kind of grabbing whatever was around. I'm having that problem this morning, too. I'm out of all my healthy stuff. We got about 14 inches or so of snow Saturday, which means we didn't make it to the grocery store yesterday. Grady's got a little all wheel Subaru, which is great in the snow, but there was too much of a bank behind it for him to get out of the parking space yesterday. I have a truck, but its a standard cab, which means, two adults and a week's worth of groceries don't fit in it! The bed of my truck is literally filled to the top with snow! Anyway, sorry, he left me some cash and I'm going to pick up a few supplies today. I was waiting till the temps got out of the teens before I ventured out-that's right, I'm a wuss!!

Its back to the exercising this week, too. I'll check back in later when I get it done.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

OMG did not do well at all yesterday! I did get on the treadmill for bout 20 min, brisk walkin & joggin, but other than that, it was a lazy day! Ended up goin to my fav restaurant, havent been to in a loong time! So, ya, i went overboard! I thought i was gonnna explode! Sooooo, havent quite got the control on restaurants yet, gotta work on it!

Shell - glad to hear youll try my lite sncks in the car. I run alota errands on weekends also & i been findin it helpful to pack a couple little snack bags of grapes, carrots.. or some healthy snack bars. So mu ch better then pullin into a drive thru for that "quick fix". Hope this idea helps many!

Hopin to get much needed exercise intoday, after my 'little' binge last night! Weather is still cold n wet, so no outside time,dont gotta babysit, & think my husband will be alitttle late tonight, guess its the good ol treadmill tonight then. o well.. lunch break is over, back to work!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday all!! Sounds like most of us need to make a clean start to our week, me included! I also went for the late night bowl of cereal last night! Overkill on the carbs again! I am definitely a carboholic!! I hit 1600 calories yesterday!! Not good!!

No treadmill over the weekend either. Good lord, I sound like an unmotivated loser!! LOL!!
Today I will do better!! And so will all the rest of you! WE CAN DO IT!

But why does it have to be so darn HARD?? I have been at this for a month, and have lost 10 pounds, and I feel like it should be more!! Oh well, all I can do is carry on.....
Old 02-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Kathie, 10 pounds in a month is great! Don't sell yourself short! Remember how hard you worked for each one; you should be proud!

It's really uplifting how all of you are putting the weekend behind you and facing forward...thanks for the motivation. I just got back from lunch with a friend (soup and salad, yay) but now for some reason want to eat everything in sight.

Thanks for the dose of positive attitude...onward and, well, DOWNward (on the scale, that is). Cassie
Old 02-01-2010, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Kathie- Remember that at your low weight it makes it harder for you to drop weight as fast. But your doing really good! (Seriously!)

I am back on track this morning. I am struggling with my calorie intake. What I should eat for each meal. I don't know what to do. My calorie intake for breakfast is about 350 calories. Which seems a little high.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

I'd like to get in on the 5-day workout goal. I just started all this last monday and am very happy to report that I worked out everyday except sat so far. I am bound and determined to stick with this plan of working out and getting healthy! I am doing 30 minutes a day on my gazelle along with walking a few times a week as well as strength training at least 4 days a week. Unfortunately I have been one of those that have only eaten one meal a day for about a year and shut down my metabolism... so now I am getting healthy eating right again!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

wow, today did not go as planned at all! Im so dissapointed in myself. Im pretty sure my 'special friend' is bout to visit. Got off work late & it was verrry hectic, & stressful. Just been very emotional today & really missin my best friend, she was my major motivation. Did no exercisin today, the weather is just yucky, did not do my logs & ate like theres no tomorrow! i have fallen off the wagon, been ran over an landed face first into a muddy ponnd! I hope tomorrow i can have more control over myself!

Last edited by daisynlily1432; 02-01-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.