Notices

Weight Loss TV Shows

Old 09-14-2010, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Loss TV Shows

Has anyone else been watching "Thintervention" on Bravo? I watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them. It's kind of like the cable version of Biggest Loser without the competition. There's more language and colorful characters than TBL, so it may not be everyone's cup of tea! It makes me laugh. =)

"Thintervention" airs on Monday nights at 10:00 on Bravo. If you have a cable box, you might be able to find the episodes On Demand for free. You can also watch the first episode on Hulu here: Hulu - Thintervention with Jackie Warner: Experience Thintervention - Watch the full episode now.

Did anyone see Dr. Oz yesterday? It was all about the importance and benefits of losing just 10 pounds. Check out his website for the highlights, and to order a FREE bracelet that says "Just 10." The Dr. Oz Show

Another show that's much more food-related than weight-related is "Freaky Eaters" on TLC. The first two episodes were about a man who lived almost entirely on cheeseburgers and a woman who was addicted to sugar. Kind of interesting.

Catch "Addicted to Fries" and "Addicted to Pizza" on Sept 15 at 7:00 and 7:30 on TLC. Future episodes include "Addicted to Cola" and "Addicted to Raw Meat" (ewwwwwwwww!) TLC :: TV Listings :: Freaky Eaters

Last but not least, The Biggest Loser premieres next Tuesday at 8:00 on NBC. The Biggest Loser

What do you think about weight loss shows?

I know there's a lot of controversy about results that aren't typical, extreme diet and exercise measures, re-gaining weight, etc., but I personally like the shows. I see anything that gets me thinking about healthy eating and exercise as a good thing. Every once in a while, I glean some bit of information that's helpful, or at least interesting!

Happy watching...
Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check some of these shows out.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

I quite enjoyed Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, but I haven't seen any ads for it lately. Thanks for all the info.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Oh yeah! I watched Jamie's show, too. I was especially interested since I was a teacher and never once ate the cafeteria food. Ew.

I wonder what happened to good old Jamie and his revolution. They should do a follow-up this year now that school's back in session!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

I really liked Jamie's show as well. We are usually running around in the evenings between sports and instrument practices and such, but I do watch shows like that when I can. I find them really helpful in getting me past the snacking impulse at night, and they are good background to have on while I work out, also. Thanks for the list, Fletch; I missed a few of those!

Unfortunately, on the flip side, when my son puts on Man Vs. Food, well, that just makes me hungry!! In a gross, train-wreck sort of way.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

I enjoyed watching Jamie Oliver's Food revolution as well. My hubby and I were surprised that it finished so soon. I hope they continue with it. We also really enjoy Biggest Loser. We put it on in our exercise room and bike and do the treadmill while watching it! I find the show inspiring. I haven't heard about Thintervention. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

We live in England and the first episode of Jamies food revelation was on last night. It was really good and im looking forward to watching the whole lot. Jamie Oliver did Jamies School Dinners over here and after going to parliament he got all schools to make their meals better for the children. My children love their school dinners and im pleased that my children get a really good balanced meal everyday that my children enjoy.
Ive watched Jamie Oliver right from the beginning when he did The Naked Chef and he has come a long way since then. I regularly check into his websie and get lots of inspiration for meals to cook.
Im an addict to all cooking programmes and weight loss shows. The only thing is it gets me thinking about food but thinking and not eating all of it is okay isnt it??