Notices

New on here & up for the challenge!!

Old 01-28-2010, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Red face New on here & up for the challenge!!

Hi, my name is Jaimie an im from Houston, Texas. I am 25 years old & married to my husband for almost a year. We been together for 7 years. My determination for losing weight is so we can start a family. I have a long ways to go as far as shedding these many extra pounds. I've been chunky most my life, weight has gone up an down many times, but tryin to lose it all for good. My goal is to lose 125 lbs. Its alot, but its gotta be done. Its embarassing, but my weight is 245. Ha, my husband nor my best friend dont even know how much i weigh. I'm embarassed, ashamed. Another reason im on here is cause my best friend is movin, she is my support right now & when she leaves, i dont know what im gonna do. I'm tryin to get my husband on the weight loss track, but hes not quite there yet.You HAVE to be willing & REALLY wanting to do it, i understand. I really just need some support & motivation for when i have them tough days, which i know there will be MANY.
I have lost bout 15 lbs so far these past few months, my heaviest was bout 260 & i will NEVER get there again!! So, thats my story & would love some motivation & just meet new people goin through the same things i am. Thanks & good luck to everyone!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Jaime, good for you for taking the steps to a healthier you! And being healthy before you get pregnant is an excellent idea, better for your and better for your babies!! So I applaud your decision.

I few of us belong to a thread called The Healthy Community, and most of us check in everyday or two, sometimes more than once a day!! Most of us joined sometime in January, it is a great place to get and offer support....if you would care to join us. There is a fairly diverse age spread, people from their 20s to their 50s. But when it comes to losing weight, we are all in the same boat no matter what our age, or how much weight we need to lose.

I would set yourself a short term goal. To tackle 125 pounds is a rather huge undertaking!! Why not try a bunch of short term goals, like to lose 20 pounds by the end of March....then set a new goal once you have reached that one!! This way you will feel you have had successes, and not always striving for that far in the future goal.

I hope you join us!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Thanks so much for the encouragement, an yes i will join, sounds great. I do have a short goal, just takin baby steps. Im still learnin this site an was AMAZED & SCHOCKED at how much i was actually takin in durin the day. Just blows my mind. And my calorie restriciton, how much i should be takin in, just really makes me wanna change even more.I know this will help me out.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome Jaime!!! Please do not feel ashamed or embarrassed....what's in the past is in the past and you are taking positive steps to live a healthy life, that is more than what most people (large or small) are capable of doing in a lifetime!