Notices

Public Journal

Old 07-22-2010, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Public Journal

Did you know you can post your logs publicly? I just found that out and added mine to my signature. Go to your Profile tab and at the bottom is Public Journal. Then you add the link to your signature. You may not want everyone knowing what you're eating every day, but for those who are asking for help, showing your food log could give others a better picture of what you need help with. I've gotta say, I'm really curious what we're all eating!
Old 07-22-2010, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe being public with what I eat will help me stay accountable!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Avelina. I just changed mine to include link.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Starting this post over. I am not sure how to make my signature work.Can any one tell me how to get my signature to show up? I filled out the signature part preview and saved it but when I post it does not show. I am missing something??

Need to go walk be back in awhile if any one can help. Thanks so much.

Maggie

Well I am just copying and pasting it here as I just can not figure how to get it to do automatically.

Join July 2009
Weight lost 18 pounds. It is a start.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...aggieelizabeth

Last edited by missmaggieelizabeth; 07-22-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Case of the stupid
Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Woo hoo I see my signature is working now with no copy paste. not sure what I did to finally fix it. Thanks for this thread and I hope it helps every one. I am way slower loosing than every one. I am ok with that as I am not really dieting just trying to be more careful in what I eat.

Maggie
Old 07-23-2010, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Maggie I don't think you're slower than me-I've lost only 8.6 pounds since April. I believe that slow is good. Personally, I need to eat in a way I can maintain for the rest of my life, and that's not a super-restrictive diet. I've done that, and always gained back. Don't worry about how long it takes, as long as you keep going.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

With a little hesitation, I made my journal public. I agree that it makes me more accountable. I also think it's a great way to find out how to get the balance of carbs/fat/protein right.

Avelina, I totally agree that a slow weight loss is good. I have lost 9.6 pounds since May 26th and I am really happy with that. For me, the ability to run for over 25 minutes continuously and the loss of inches is even more important than the number on the scale.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Avelina, I feel like you. I must be able to do this with out restrictions or I will doom myself. Been there done that. Now if I have to have a bad eating day I try to do better the next day. This is why I allowed myself the tiny slice of pie THREE TIMES!! LOL but that was over three days. It did not start me into a total binge. DH has had a new batch of macaroons in the pantry,I made, for a few days and I am not even tempted to take one. I just ate an orange when the feeling for sweet hit. So good.

Mtlgirl, I felt hesitation too and then thought oh well. I am doing the best I can. I know others are too. I do not think any one here would say something to you on your choice of foods unless it was asked of the for suggestions.

Maggie
Old 07-23-2010, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

None of us eat perfectly all the time-even the girls at work with the bikini-bods eat doughnuts from time to time. Today was fine until supper-pizza and a DQ blizzard! 2800 calories for the day...YIKES!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

Avelina tomorrow is another day. I have read it is good to boost your calories once in awhile to shake up your metabolism. I am having the opposite problem today. I am NOT hungry and not enough to eat today. Too late now I am going to go to bed. tomorrow
IS another day so do not beat yourself up for living life.

Maggie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.