My Successes/Failures >

My Successes/Failures

Community
Notices

My Successes/Failures

Old 07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Story...

A few years ago, I want to say my freshman year of college (I am a senior now), I weighed 204lbs. I am 5'7" tall, and I felt horrible. Over the next year or so I dieted off and on, worked out, tried new things, and eventualy got down to a wonderful 152lbs. I was still a little ways away from my goal of 145lbs. And then suddenly I fell off the bandwagon as my schedule got worse and worse. Horrified, in the last year and a half I gained back and was at 172lbs. I would diet, exercise...fail. I'd lose only a few pounds and get frustrated. After all the hard work you'd think losing 20lbs wouldn't be too hard for me, but I just couldn't commit.

So here I am again. Started at 172lbs a few days ago. Trying out the Atkin's 14 Day plan. 20g of carbs for fourteen days. I am down to 167lbs today. I want to be at 157 by the end of it, on July 23rd. That is alot to ask, but with this being a short, extreme diet I am hoping to be able to lose ten pounds. Then gradually, as reccomended, build my carbs back up. I think to lose the last ten pounds to get me under 150lbs I will keep a low carb diet. Increase to 30-40 carbs a day so I can include fruits again though. Don't know if that is wise, or low enough to actually be considered low carb. But I am going to try to get back down to that 152lbs and then go lower!