Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/6/10 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/6/10

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/6/10

Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/6/10

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend...time to chat about it!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:41 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning, ladies!

Well, it seems like I'm stuck. I've been gaining and losing the same pound over a couple of weeks now, my weight alternating between 123.5 and 124.5. I guess my fitness regimen (cycling, swimming, walking) has become too much of a routine and so have my eating habits (it seems like I eat the same things over and over again...). I would love to change up my fitness routine and go jogging, but after giving it a try last week, I now know that running is simply out of the question. Spondolylothesis and jogging do not go nicely together, I can tell ya! My physiotherapist recommended metric exercises, but what can I do to get some extra cardio in? Any ideas??

Oh, back pain aside, something really nice happened this past weekend: I went swimming with an old friend of mine and the first thing she said to me after I had taken off my dress was: "Oh, wow, you have lost so much weight. You look amazing." Can you imagine my joy?

Hope, you all have a great week coming up.

Last edited by MollySue2; 07-05-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:46 PM
FitDay Member

Is it already that time again? Hmmm.... Where to start? My week started out great, with clean eating and tough workouts. I knew I'd struggle through the weekend, because in addition to it being a holiday weekend, I had company in town which included a baby shower, sight seeing, and a big BBQ on the 4th.

I only splurged once on Friday with a piece of cake at the shower. Saturday wasn't too bad, but I splurged a little on lunch. Sunday was a different story. I had a potluck at my house, and in spite of the healthy food I contributed, the temptation was too much for me! I ate chips, pie, drank a couple hard ciders... it was not pretty. I went from my new low of 138.6 on Saturday morning to 143 on Monday morning. I know that my weight will come back down after I flush all that extra sodium out of my system, but I'm so frustrated with myself.

The good news is that I got two really good workouts in over the weekend, and I ate really well and drank lots of water yesterday, so I'm hoping my weigh in later today won't be too bad (I'm working a graveyard shift right now, so I won't weigh myself until this afternoon).

I did have a very fun weekend, so I don't mean to be a downer! I got to spend the weekend with lots of friends and family, and I was doing the happy dance on my scale on Saturday morning when I broke 139! It was the first time I've been below 139 in a year and a half.

I hope you all had an awesome weekend as well, and hang in there MollySue! You'll break your plateau... you're obviously on the right track!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies! I missed last week's check in and wanted to check in before I let another week slip by without being accountable to myself and this forum. As for the scales, I'm up a pound (119#) and measurements are about the same. My eating habits haven't been good...I've been focused on finances and simply haven't focused on nutrition. (Read: eat more veggies, eat less sugar-laden food). Hubby's travel schedule has been insane for the last couple of months and I'm cutting expenses to pay off mortgage so the poor guy can think about retirement. Funny how monitoring finances and calories are so very similar!

MollySue and Sarah, it sounds like you both are doing well! How wonderfully affirming to have a friend notice your efforts are paying off! We notice little slips here and there, but sometimes don't see the big changes that are taking place.

Hope everyone has a good week!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone. I want to thank you ladies for posting and sharing your experiences. Positive support and advice is so beneficial and I know I appreciate reading what everyone has to say.

I weigh myself on Sunday mornings before breakfast and this Sunday I was excited to see that I lost two pounds. I started fitday at 145 and I am now 141.8 pounds. It is funny to me that at 145 I felt so far from the 130s (and was bummed because I have gotten down to 135 twice-after finishing P90X last summer and finishing Insanity last December). Both times I hung out in the 130s but slowly let processed foods back in and my weight went up. Anyway, when I weighed myself I thought that I was getting close to the 130s again. This time around, I am determined to be proud of myself and happy with my body so that I can appreciate the weight I am at and not start to give up and sabotage myself like I have done so many times in the past.

Have a great week!

Amber
Old 07-06-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi.. I gained again, a pound, but that isn't too bad, considering all the summer meals I am invited to and also create. The leftovers are the worst...yesterday I dumped a whole pie down the garbage disposal. Amber, I am totally with you about just being ok with being where you are...I am never, ever ok with it. I just want to keep it under control, not go off the food wagon, and be good to myself. THanks for all your support, everyone! Sharon
Old 07-06-2010, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Back to what works!

Today is day one for me to get back on track with my diet and exercise. I was at my goal and holding for over two years, but then we moved and I started a new job and I have put on about 15 pounds since. I kept saying things will settle down and I will get back to my routine, but it just was not happening. I have been back in the gym with regularity for the last three weeks and I thought I was watching what I ate fairly well, but the scale has not budged. (On the bright side it has not gone up any more either). When I got down to my goal weight before, I was using Fit Day consistently and built my custom food list to be quite extensive. I have not been able to find other fitness and health minded folks to team up with, so I am glad there is this forum. Knowing myself as I do, I need to have some sort of accountability. Hope everyone has a fantastic week
Old 07-06-2010, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone, I am back from vacation and avoiding the scale this week. I can tell just from looking at myself that I am "thicker" in some areas and decided that knowing the damage done would send me into a downward spiral. I would eat really well during the day and then we would stay up late playing games or watching a movie and the snacks would come out. Also, I had ordered a new scale that arrived while we were gone and my husband and kids all weighed themselves on it and everyone was two pounds heavier than on our old scale, which I can't handle right now either. I am planning to be really diligent this week, and see how I feel and weigh in next week. I am one of those that gets depressed if the scale numbers aren't moving down or start going higher. It doesn't make me motivated to do better, just sad.

Anyway, let's all have a good eating and exercise week, so we are all happy next Tuesday!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,
Mambo, I hear you on not weighing-in this week. I'm certainly not going to WW. Part of me wants to skip weighing myself forever and just go by how I feel but I am doubtful that I would stick to that plan.

My week started out well. I did a lot of exercise and while I overate a bit, I was still eating healthy things and my calories weren't horrendous. I was fine on Friday and on Saturday morning then all good intentions went out the window and ate like a piggy during my sister's engagement party. I think I had three pieces of cake. Wow. Sunday was really bad too. Monday was okay. I never entered my foods for Sunday because I couldn't fathom it. When it gets that bad again next time I plan on resorting to the WW way of doing it as then I can just estimate more comfortably. With fitday I find it hard to just put in random bites of things.

I bought a new pair of sneaks this weekend, hopefully these won't hurt the ol' bunions! I'm going to do 30 min of interval cardio and then do a yoga class. I feel quite pudgy in my stomach and my thighs but I'm wearing shorts today anyway.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Still here and plugging along! Today I am cranky because I can't eat what I want to eat whenever I want, darn it! And I'm still waiting for my bottom half to catch up with my top half with the muscles and toning...dunno if that will ever happen without the aid of surgery, which I'm not planning on...how do you differentiate middle age sag from fat? On a bright note, hubby is really on board with eating better, finally, and has begun exercising these past two weeks. Oh, happy day!!

Well, seems like we've all struggled more in summer than winter, wonder why that is?

MollySue, what about rowing, if you have access to machines, or boxing? It's awesome others are noticing your new look !

Congrats on your new "century" at 139, Sarah...here's to hoping it holds true tonight. It's exciting to get down to a new low and a real bummer to watch it bounce back up. But the numbers you bounce with will get lower and lower, you'll see.

Beth...good to "see" you! What an amazing accomplishment to get the mortgage paid off! Think of all the fun you'll have with more time together . You always know how to get right back on track!

Love your attitude, Amber...congrats; and Sharon...geez, what willpower, chucking a whole pie! I'm not even much of a pie person and it still sounds good right now

Hi Jenny, we are glad to have you and we are all about accountability. Tuesday is our check in day but we also post on the regular 5-15 thread during the week.

Mambo, you are poking at my fears about vacation coming up. I hope you had an awesome time! Good job for you knowing when NOT to ask for trouble. Get yourself a good, focused week or two; there's always time to weigh in. Think about being healthy instead of in terms of fat or thin; take care of yourself!

Julia, reading your posts always makes me want to go exercise; thank you for posting what you plan to do. It's really motivating! Hope those new shoes work out for you!

Thanks, everybody, for being here!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.