Out of town guests cramping my workout style, need suggestions >

Out of town guests cramping my workout style, need suggestions

Community
Notices

Out of town guests cramping my workout style, need suggestions

Old 06-07-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Out of town guests cramping my workout style, need suggestions

for an efficient workout at the gym for a few days. I don't want to fall off the wagon just because my routine is interrupted.

I've been doing the 30 day shred every morning at home, and just started on her longer dvd's.

Any thoughts out there?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

How long are your guests going to be around? Since you're moving off the Shred DVDs for a few days anyways, it might help to switch things up a little to bust through any plateaus that might be happening right under your nose.

Looks like it's time for a bodyweight circuit! Do the following exercises in order:

50 push-ups (knees are fine)
50 sit-ups
50 dips
50 squats

This is how it goes:

Take as many sets as necessary to finish the written number of reps. Any time you have to stop one exercise, move on to the next one. So if I did 8 push-ups in a row, stopped for a breather, then I'd move on to sit-ups, and so on... until I finish all 50 reps on each exercise.

Other ideas for bodyweight circuits:

Exercises: lunges, planks, back extensions, pull-ups, side lunges, hanging leg raises

Pyramid loading: 9 sets of 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 reps

I'll post more as I think of them.

Have fun!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

4 days, then 5 days. Then we go out of town for a bit. Sooo don't want to lose my momentum.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

How about getting them involved? Invite your guests to go for a walk/run with you outside if it's nice. They might like seeing the area! If there are any hiking trails near you, that would be even better!

Explain to your guests that you're trying to be healthy and exercise. If they don't want to participate with you, maybe suggest an alternate activity they can do while you're working out. Or, if you're really ambitious, you can work out before they get up or after they go to bed.

Best of luck!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, now I have an image of my 85 year old grandmother trying to do shred with me. he he.

I will have to go to the gym instead of working out at home, and do it before they get up. What I'm looking for are suggestions for the gym. Running intervals, elliptical, what?
Old 06-07-2010, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

Change it up, do a nautilus circuit one day, hit the elliptical the next, or the treadmill. Try the interval programs on the treadmill and elliptical, simulated hills and whatnot. Most of them are 30 minutes. The elliptical is a butt-kicker, and I'm getting the butt to prove it