Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational thread 1/26-2/1 >

Motivational thread 1/26-2/1

Community
Notices

Motivational thread 1/26-2/1

Old 01-27-2015, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Lynda, good for you for just sampling the pie. Yes, I agree with you. When I realize how little is in a serving of chocolate or something, I'm thinking I don't want to waste those calories on so little.

Bea, that's a long list of some really good stuff. I bet you could make some pretty dang good meals cleaning out your fridge and pantry.

I know there's more of you that I am probably missing. I apologize and I will be more thorough another day.

Today I was faced with yet another tragic crisis, and I haven't eaten my sorrows, although I don't think anyone would blame me if I did. I heard from my 24yo son today who's been in jail. He had an xray of his chest after coughing up blood and they told him he may have lung cancer. Would anyone blame me if I did go to a comfort food over that one? The night's not over, but I'm going to try to face my enemy head on. I'm devastated and had a major meltdown today. I get upset every time I think about it.

On a high note today, my 13yo daughter pitched her first softball game today. She's an outstanding athlete and an absolute phenom baller. She's only had 6 lessons (1/week) and already started a game. She pitched 2 innings and for her first time out she did incredibly well. Walked a few, hit a couple, threw lots of tough strikes, caught 2 line drives right back at her, struck out 1 or 2. Sad thing is that she wasn't getting any help behind her on the field from the rest of the team, so they were giving away easy outs. Ultimately they lost, but all I cared about was that Sara did her part and had a strong showing. She really amazed me with her mental toughness and great attitude even when her team wasn't backing her up, or when she hit or walked a batter. It was very cool.

Yesterday I finished at 205 calories over my goal, today I'm finishing 107 over, so I'm getting better.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa - Sent you a PM
Old 01-27-2015, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Oh God Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that!
Old 01-27-2015, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Debbie, go head on with your rule breakin' self.

Bea, I rarely add sugar to anything but I do eat a lot of processed garbage.

I just did 1.28 miles. I didn't go far because I have the dogs with me. I'll update tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Bea: Glad you made it safely to your 'office' today! LOL! Really glad you didn't have to get out in icy weather.
You listed many things that I also try to keep on hand for meals. I heard on TV the other day that humans usually have about 20 foods that we eat most often. I tested that theory and I listed about 40 foods that I gravitate to most often.
Congratulations on your upcoming birthday--51 ain't bad at all--I passed it a few years back!

Lynda: You're doing very good if you can leave cheesecake alone--that's one of my trigger foods. Apples are a fav food of mine--especially Gala apples. Snacks can be a healthyl part of a food plan and tasty, too!

Mike: Your salad at lunch gave me the idea for a salad at supper--Thanks!
Did you walk the dogs or did they walk you? My husband had a Great Dane and it didn't walk him--it RAN him--all around the neighborhood! She even failed obedience training, too. Poor dog!

Debbie: Thanks for the website info--I'll check it out tonight.

Lisa: So sorry to hear about your son--I'm wishing him only the best.
Glad your daughter did her best is her game! I wish I'd been allowed to play a sport as a child--it's awesome that you're supporting her in this!
Hope life settles down for you and any further crisis is avoided!

I might have dodged a bullet today--I bought a drink and asked for diet but, when it came, it was ultra-sweet. I was assured that it was diet but, just to be on the safe side, I ended up pouring it out, going somewhere else and buying a bottle of water. It didn't set up any cravings, but I didn't want to take a chance either. Vicki

Last edited by rosabella2012; 01-27-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!!

Lisa - I am so sorry! We will do anything to protect our children! BUT may is not the same as DOES have. I'm not sure your faith beliefs, but, I believe in prayer, and will send some up for your family.

The storm has passed, Freezing rain is now over and the world looks fresh and pristine!!
I maintained the sudden "Whoosh" from yesterday, so am happy! Am on target (I hope) for the 5-7 pounds I put down for on Friday lol ............

(Note to self, get a belly-button lint remover, for pre weigh-in Friday)
Old 01-28-2015, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Mike: Your salad at lunch gave me the idea for a salad at supper--Thanks!
Did you walk the dogs or did they walk you? My husband had a Great Dane and it didn't walk him--it RAN him--all around the neighborhood! She even failed obedience training, too. Poor dog!
We walked two and carried one.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, sorry to hear about your son. Stay strong emotionally.

I am not making goals this week because the pain won't allow me to follow them. Walking in the cold air made it worse. Sometimes food makes it hurt, so I've been eating light. Sleep makes it better, so I have been sleeping more.

Yesterday I avoided food so much that I felt sick in the evening because I hadn't taken in enough food.
I just took my first set of pain killers for the day. The good thing is that the extra strength Advil are still working for four hour intervals. Once I lose that, I have to start camping on the doctor's doorstep.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

My Goals.
3 servings of (good) veggies per day. yes
101.4 ounces of water per day yes
eat high fiber food yes
walk 4 miles 1.28
Old 01-28-2015, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie - i will check out that website thanks

Mike - I have three dogs and can't wait til the weather gets warmer so I can take them on walks. Two are overweight and could use the exercise as well. lol

Lisa - very sorry to hear about your son, it sure does make one want to indulge. So glad that you have a daughter that can be your inspiration and your bright spot.

Bea- glad the weather is a little better there. If your brush works well this week you could probably make a fortune selling them lol

Annette- sleep and light foods sound like the best medicine

Vicki - great job on the soda- better safe than sorry.

Better day today. Had workout Wed at work - needed that after all the sweets being passed around this week. We learned a line dance and got moving for about 10 minutes. Have a great night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.