Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!! >

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Notices

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Old 10-13-2014, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Help

Today I am starting my 100th diet any tips? My goal is to lose 30llbs by my bday next April. I am tired of failing every time I start a new diet
Old 10-13-2014, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

Default Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Hi all!

Starting us off this week! Sorry I disappeared for a day there, I had mountains of paperwork to do this weekend and I got wrapped up in that + housework. I'm pretty bummed that I'm up 2 lbs. as of this morning - my weekend wasn't terrible. I had a SINGLE beer on Saturday night and I had some teriyaki chicken on Sunday - I guess the alcohol + sodium equals the bloat? I've done way worse before and had less bloat. Geez body. Make up your mind.

But I shall persevere! I hope all of you up in the Great Awesome North had a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend. It's my last week of work before a week of fall break!

Week Goals:
1) Calories under 1500 daily, log EVERYTHING
2) Exercise 3-4x
3) Water 64+ oz daily
4) Protein at least 25% of daily calories (I am upping my protein goal!)
5) Take my measurements on Friday when I do the weekly weigh-in
6) Enjoy a non-scale victory every day and write about it

Work Goals
1) All quizzes graded by Tuesday night, non-negotiable
2) Get paper revisions, intro, and poster stuff done this week so that next week I can work on fiddling with poster
3) Try to get exam graded by Friday (ideal situation)
4) All candidates "graded" by Tuesday, non-negotiable

My work is front-loaded this week, but I want to get a lot of the "little" stuff out of the way by Wednesday morning so that the latter part of my week can be focused on exam grading, paper-writing, and fiddling with the conference poster. I also need to book my trip today, aahhh! Off to do that!

~Terri
Old 10-13-2014, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

butter_cup, first, keep track of your intake. Good thing you are on Fitday so you can enter the foods you eat. Exercise. You can record that on Fitday as well. Stay accountable to someone. This thread does that. 5 lbs a month isn't unreasonable. You can do it!

Terri, I just about missed that wish for a Happy Thanksgiving. I was wondering who lives in the north. You see, I live in the south. It is like that border just 10 blocks south of me is the end of the world. LOL

I should make that one of my goals, to walk the 10 blocks to the "end" of my world. I have only 8 blocks to go. Problem is, I have to walk back for a total of 3 1/2 miles.

Goals for this week:
  1. No more fast food on Tuesdays - I can stay within the sodium and calorie range, but my blood sugar spiked.
  2. Yard work instead of walking or weights - Tuesday to Saturday
  3. Move my piano
  4. Toss more "too big" clothing
Old 10-13-2014, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hope you ladies don't mind if I join.

Goals:
3500 calorie deficit for the week
Workout at least twice
Old 10-13-2014, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by iansteele
Hope you ladies don't mind if I join.

Goals:
3500 calorie deficit for the week
Workout at least twice
I'm up for the challenge. Welcome.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:36 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Ian and Butter_Cup! Welcome aboard.

Annette, hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Work yourself up to those 8 more blocks and you'll get there before you know it!

Terri, sodium from Chinese food always makes me retain for a few days. I'm sure it will come back off in the next couple days. Drink lots of water!

Time to get tough on myself. I've been wishy-washy far too long. I got on the scale today and I've gained back 20lbs again. I'm only 20 away from my heaviest again. It's getting more difficult to move and I'm getting winded more easily again. I shouldn't be shocked, and really I'm not. I knew what I was doing to myself. I want to eat the delicious things I cook, but I need to do it more wisely. I need to eat small throughout the day, because I want dinner to be my main meal where I can spend a lot of my calories, and then a light snack and atkins w/ milk at night.

My cupboards are bare. I went grocery shopping yesterday, spent a lot of money, and don't have a lot to show for it. My grocery was having their Buy 1 Get 2 Free on Foster Farms chicken breasts, thighs and tenders. I got $165 worth of chicken for just $52! Enough for 14 meals; chicken dinners 3x/week for over a month! And then it will be time for the sale again. Who wouldn't stock up when it's 2 Free!?!

So, anyways, I didn't buy any snacks, good or bad. The only snack type food I got was red grapes. Now that I think about it, I still have some apples in the fridge. I'm out of my pre-measured oatmeal packets I put together, and I forgot to buy more stuff for that. I think I need to make a trip back to the store for oats and raisins because the oatmeal in the morning is a really good thing for me.

Things are going to start getting more stressful for me coming up here in the near future. I'm under going a personal project near and dear to my heart, and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to make it work. It will take a lot of time and dedication. I'll tell you all more details on it when it starts coming together.

Thanks for always being here, guys, when I'm such a putz and don't do well. I was angered and upset by the number on the scale (albeit after dinner fully clothed, but still). I've got to get serious. I was so close to my mini goal of 229. Now it's a BIG goal again. I can do this! I've GOT to do this!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:59 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome guys
Yesterday I walked for an hour after work as well I went food shopping. It was really hard for me at the supermarket; this is my problem I am totally fed up with everything I use to eat while I was on my other diets. So I decided to purchase stuff I never tried before, anyway last night for dinner all I had was a peach and a glass of water. While I am typing here I am so hungry, thinking about having a bowl of oats before I leave for work.
Work is where believe I gain most of my weight, I sometimes work long hours, plus I buy lunch almost every day once the company is not providing. This is one of the reasons why I always fail on my diets; I just eat whatever is available
The reason for me deciding to lose weight, I went shopping for new clothes and nothing I liked fit. It was so frustrating until one of the sales clerks told me I needed to shop in the plus section of their store, I went over to the plus size section were everything was too big. I broke down in tears it was just horrible, I just want to be able to fit into regular size clothes again.
I got clearance from my Dr. to start a diet and exercise programme, he kept stressing that I lose weight the healthy way.
My Goal is to lose 30llbs in five months
I currently weight 183llbs
My height is 5 ft 6”
I am hoping to lose at 10 llbs before my company’s Christmas dinner on December 06
Old 10-14-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I have lost posts too because I didn't know I was not logged in. This week end was very busy and loaded with bad food choices some of which I avoided. Now it's back to healthy eating. I hope you all have a good day.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:05 AM
Banned

Welcome Ian/Buttercup!

Terri OMG you mentioned Chinese food..I luv it.. spicy shrimp fried rice
I wish I had a FALL break..enjoy!!

Debbie, yes that has happened to me too

A question..when working out is it the calories burned more important or
the distance ?? Thanks!
I guess distance if you training for a run or something maybe?
Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Ian: of course, everyone's welcome!

Jenai: I'm tryin on the water! Haha. Silly teriyaki chicken. I would TOTALLY stock up when it was get 2 free on chicken if I had a freezer to put all that meat in; we just have a small apartment freezer right now, it makes us spend more money. You're not a putz at all! Just get back to that store and fill in the gaps. It'll come more naturally with time.

butter_cup: Welcome! You have good, doable goals. I know what it's like to break down into tears at the clothing store, and I also know what it's like to be a 'tweener' -- I fit between regular and plus-size clothing too (i'm normally a 12 or a 14). You'll be okay, and you'll learn to fit your body with clothing as you go. Big hugs for you. I also have the habit of eating whatever is available - so the best thing is to only make certain things available at home (don't buy the junk!). I also bring my lunch to work nearly every day unless I have a big lunch meeting where food (usually sandwiches) is provided. You can do it! One change at a time.

Debbie: That happens to me sometimes too. I always write these posts in notepad and then copy-paste over to Fitday just in case it does that crap to me. I think hit "copy" everything after I format it, just in case. I hope it stops for you, super-annoying!

Becca: I always go by calories burned rather than distance, but that's probably a personal choice, and I'd bet that distance is more important for training or length goals. Haha, I don't usually like spicy anything, but Chinese food is definitely a danger food for me.

Welcome back Hope!! Great goals, look forward to catching up!

As for me:

I had an okay Monday. Still apparently fighting water retention, blergh. I got a lot of work done, but my work laptop is having weird issues (whenever it comes out of sleep, something goes wrong or it just turns itself off) and I had to give it to IT. This is causing me to use a public corral computer for the foreseeable future - luckily, I had a lot of my lectures ready to go this week AND had my stuff saved on my backup drive, so I can still work. Phew.

Goal today is to get quizzes graded this afternoon, then spend my evening finishing job candidate work. I'm on track, but it's a lot of work to do. Thursday and Friday this week should be better. I'm hoping to work on Weds, Thurs, Fri and Sun -- though I can move that around a bit if I'm tired or something crops up in my schedule.

Week Goals:
1) Calories under 1500 daily, log EVERYTHING M: 1,302
2) Exercise 3-4x M: no
3) Water 64+ oz daily M: yes
4) Protein at least 25% of daily calories (I am upping my protein goal!) M: 22%
5) Take my measurements on Friday when I do the weekly weigh-in
6) Enjoy a non-scale victory every day and write about it M: I didn't snack when I really, really, really wanted to - I chugged water

Work Goals
1) All quizzes graded by Tuesday night, non-negotiable M: Graded for 1 class - but the biggest class, so that's a big chunk done
2) Get paper revisions, intro, and poster stuff done this week so that next week I can work on fiddling with poster M: Worked on paper revision and sent it back to student - big piece done! Also worked on some poster stuff, but not all
3) Try to get exam graded by Friday (ideal situation)
4) All candidates "graded" by Tuesday night, non-negotiable

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.