Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
What food have a protein? What are some food good for building a skinny built body? >

What food have a protein? What are some food good for building a skinny built body?

Notices

What food have a protein? What are some food good for building a skinny built body?

Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default What food have a protein? What are some food good for building a skinny built body?

well wat are some food that contain protein that i should eat if i want to built up my skinny built body, and any other food would be good too.

Additional Details
ohh btw i am 16 years old, when i pass 18 is it impossible to work out?

4 years ago
as in is it hard to get ur body bigger?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Almost ALL foods have protein. Fats (oils) don't have protein. Eating meats, eggs, and dairy products add more protein quickly. You can do physical activity and learn a lot about how to safely lift objects (even inexpensive barbells, for example) by looking at exercise websites. You can do this now, or - even better - get involved in some organized sport that encourages training (soccer, running, etc.)
Old 10-29-2013, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

These days, the majority of readers should know the fallacy of a See Food Diet. Sure, you can eat a super high calorie diet, like the See Food Diet, and add some muscle, but you'll add even more fat. And from personal experience, and I'm sure many of you can personally testify, putting the fat on is much easier than taking it off!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:45 PM
FitDay Member

Protein is also known to suppress hunger and keep the cravings down for longer. Fish, eggs, lean meat, nuts are the great source of protein.

Angelica

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 11-25-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Contact FitDay if you would like to advertise.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Pearlsaul,

There is no age too old or too young to work out, and work out is a VERY broad term. There are SOOOO many types of specific work outs out there, if you do enough research and reading, you'll find there are workouts specific to cutting weight and toning muscles, as well as workouts intended to build lean muscle.

I am no expert so don't take what I say as golden, but I have done a lot of "reading between the lines" over the last month as I started my journey to get healthy and lose weight. The first thing I would do, is figure out your BMR (Basal Metobolic Rate) just google that and read read read. The fitday program here will calculate this automatically for you as your base "calories burned" before activites. If you are looking to gain weight, you need to take in more calories than you burn in a day. Not only do you need to take in extra calories but you need to take in SMART calories. So the next thing you need to google is "eating clean" and read up on some suggestions on how to eat clean. Also look up "Protein per pound of body weight" and get an idea of how much protein you should be taking in. From everything I've read, healthy bodies are made in the kitchen (at least 70-80% of success will come from the kitchen)

Last but not least, do a little research on work outs to build muscle. Cardio such as running, aerobics etc... are going to speed up the heart rate a lot and burn calories, if you don't have enough calories in your system from food, then the body will start to cannibalize on your muscle tissue for energy for cardio. This is a bad thing for anyone, but especially someone trying to get bigger (not saying cardio is bad, but cardio without a proper diet will break down muscle tissue as well as fat cells, making your eating habits doubly important). So you might want to focus more on a slower, heavier weight, less reps type of workout/weightlifting program. Don't focus so much on spiking your heart rate, but more on working your muscles hard and heavy. As you work them, they will get micro-tears (this is why you get sore the next day) and those micro tears are rebuilt using protein in your digestive system. If you take in the right amount of protein, and the right balance of types of proteins, then you will see muscles build and get larger, as well as have much faster recovery from the soreness aka micro-tears.

I don't look at cardio so much as a fat burner, or muscle builder, but more of a lung/organ builder. Cardio strengthens your insides, weight training strengthens everything that people see. Oh and BIG thing about weight training, don't just train your upper body, and NEVER mistake cardio such as running as a "leg" workout. You need to well rounded workout plan that includes things such as Lunges, squats, and deadlifts to strengthen your legs. Good luck and stay determined!
Old 05-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Banned

Smile

Wonderful submit there are lots of man or woman looking this now they'll uncover plenty of assets from your submit. Appreciate it regarding discussing.