Notices

picky eater

Old 01-15-2014, 06:09 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb picky eater

i am trying to eat better but im very picky about what i eat and was wondering if i can get any ideas about eating better that well dont taste like grass?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

'Grass' describes some leafy vegetables that don't have any seasoning! Think about the seasonings (or cuisines) that you like already, and you can adapt greens to have those flavors. Some salt and pepper, some herbs, some lemon, some capers - just look through your spice rack and you can get really creative.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:30 PM
FitDay Member

i cant have alot of stuff with citric acid
im new to this but my doctor wants me to be on a 1500 calorie diet and was wondering about someone i could get some recipes maybe to try some things?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

also i think i put this thread in the wrong place and dont know how to delete it...
Old 01-16-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there! I've found www.kalynskitchen.com to be a great resource for recipes. Another site I like is 101cookbooks.com Unfortunately, both of those sites don't post nutritional breakdown, but you can always plug in the ingredients here on fitday to get that. Another one I use allllll the time is allrecipes.com

Hope this helps you to get started!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

One simple way to eat a vegetable without adding a lot of fat but packing in more flavor is to roast it (really, bake it). Use parchment paper so you don't have to worry about sticking as much, or use a non-stick baking pan. Wash some tomatoes, for example, and cut them in half, horizontally. Then season with salt, pepper, spices, herbs that you like, and start baking in a 300 degree oven. Just bake and bake until you start to smell the aroma of the tomatoes in your kitchen. Check on them. Keep baking until they start to collapse and darken. The juices will be concentrated and seasoned, the tomatoes can be lifted out with a spatula, and you will have what is simply a well-seasoned tomato, without any added fat. That means fewer calories.

Try it with other juicy vegetables. Try it with non-juicy vegetables, too. But whatever you do, avoid adding fat and you will have changed the flavor by making it more intense and not have added any calories.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Scoop as much of the bread out of a bagel as you can and put it in a bag in the freezer (for some other use, some day). Then put your low-fat filling, such as chicken breast and low-fat mayo with your own seasonings, in the bagel. Fewer calories. Pad any recipe with chopped raw veggies for crunch and flavor... such as that low-fat chicken salad. The scooping-out tip was in a Prevention newsletter tip in my inbox today. Subscribe to weight loss newsletters and you will find much you can use in your daily meal preparation. For restaurant dining, it's more difficult!

Also from Prevention tips, use salad 'spray' that's now on the market to spray your salads with oil (try not to overdo it because that would defeat the purpose!) I prefer just using very little oil in a salad - not even a teaspoon - and just mix very very VERY well before adding a touch of vinegar and then seasoning. It really saves you some calories.

Dilute, dilute, dilute - with low-calorie raw veggies. You'll get more nutrition in your diet and fewer calories for similar volume of food (not weight, volume). This is something you can do with any raw dish that you already like. Do the same with steamed veggies and you can apply that to cooked dishes that you already like. It also makes your meal more filling.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Banned

Smile

in addition i do think my spouse and i put this specific thread inside the drastically wrong location along with dont understand how to eliminate that.