Notices

a 'SUPPER FILLING BREAKFAST'

Old 02-17-2014, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default a 'SUPPER FILLING BREAKFAST'

I eat this almost everyday.

Baked Oatmeal

2.5 cs big flaked oats(quick cook will not work)
1/4 c each oatbran and steel cut oats(or sub one of these for red river cereal)
handful each raisins and dried cranberries and walnut pieces
1/3 c apple sauce
1 apple, peeled, chunked small
1/4 c cooking oil
2 cs water
1 beaten egg
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

Mix well in casserole dish. Bake 350 F for 40 mins, stirring every 10 mins.

I eat one cup in the morning and it fills me up. If someone is good with figuring out calories, can you tell me how many calories is in this cup.

Message me plz...ty (priv message is best, can't seem to find what I post all the time cuz I am still new to the site)
Old 02-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

I love adding egg to oatmeal (in my case, I add Egg Beaters)! There are so many ways you can vary oatmeal.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Dry Fibre

Hi I have been dieting now for 3 months and i have found the best thing for me is dry fibre cereal for breakfast. I have tried porridge with all types of milk and water.

Give dry fibre n fruits a go! It takes a few hours for the body to digest so you feel full for longer.

Best Regards
Rishi Patel
CEO

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-19-2014 at 04:45 AM. Reason: edited out link
Old 02-19-2014, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

The way that I figure out a recipe - a not very sophisticated way, but it works - is to change the day (go a day or two ahead in the log) and, with a clean slate of foods, enter all the ingredients with the measures. That's all. Then - in your case, this is important - you can just use the values for the whole recipe. When you eat a serving that is 1/4 of the total, use 0.25 servings for your amount consumed. This only gives you the basics on the food log screen.

The 'calorie breakdown' will give you fiber grams. You can also get saturated fat, polyunsaturated, and monounsatured fat.

If you want more detailed nutrition information, look elsewhere - in reports. This is easy when the only food you have in the log for a day is just that recipe. Just make sure that when you are looking at the nutrition report, that 1) you establish that day-ahead date again because it may bounce back to 'today,' which you don't want, and 2) you use the table display, which gives a listing of all the amounts. The table listing gets called up by clicking on the horizontal stacked bars icon on the right side of the screen.
That gives amounts for 25 nutrients.

Create a custom food with the information you now have - or that you care about - and save it in the database. If you're satisfied, then you can delete all those foods from your day-ahead - log that you used.

Just be careful to always know what day you're in: if you are in 'today,' change the date to your 'ahead' day.

If this is a custom recipe with special ingredients, create a custom food first for that ingredient. You'll be using it. Then go ahead and create your custom recipe....

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-19-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:12 PM
FitDay Member

hmm adding eggs i have though of that, i will try it to see how it works , tnx for sharing