Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 8/5/13

Old 08-11-2013, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

For once in a very long time I'm feeling determined and ready to start this journey over again..after gaining back nearly 2 stone over the last year of working full time and adapting to a less active work life with temptations everywhere.
I've learnt a lot though about my own relationship with food when I'm faced with it and what to do to keep on track. All trial and error but I'm going to reach the finish line this year!!

Tonight I made stuffed peppers and I've got to say I really enjoyed it, felt satisfied and the family liked them too. They had quorn mince, tomatoes, paprika, onion, veg stock, and topped with reduced fat cheese.

I've been to do food shop today and I have to admit I was putting it off all week because I was worried that without the right frame of mind I'd be making bad food choices to the trolley and get myself all in a state being surrounded by all my favourite chocolate and cakes.
Got through it though and the cupboards and fridge is stocked for the week ahead, as are my drawers at work.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nyda. I am glad to see you on here. This is a great place to set goals and seek support. Good luck!

Mern: Good luck at logging your food daily. I have every day, since I began this journey. I know if I stop now, I risk the consequence of backsliding.

Jenn: Great job with your spare room. I have a big closet that I need to do. I don’t want to do it yet, so I am not putting it on my goal.

Libby: Good luck at the doctor’s office!

Robin: Great job on all your goals this week!

Hi Tracey! It sounds like you are ready to go. Stocking your kitchen with healthy food is a great way to keep temptations away. I try to do that, but my husband puts food I choose not to eat in the refrigerator and cabinets. Maybe someday, I will get him on track with me. Good luck!

Weeks goals:

1. Post all food that enters my mouth: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2. Walk 20 min. 5 out of the 7 days: No, yes, yes, no, no, no
3. Look for a walking buddy: live way out in the country, will be difficult to find one unless its at work; talking to teen daughter to see if she will be my buddy for night walks
4. Continue to try and relieve stress: Yes, no, no, no, yes, yes
5. Lose 2 pounds: weigh in day tomorrow, I think it will be positive according to my peeks the past couple of days
Old 08-11-2013, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Well I have kept the calories with in reason today. I even have a snake for latter added into my count. I have most of my water drank and I did go out and water the plants and the greenhoiuse today. I got the green house very well soaked. I will take the garbage out to the road here in a few minutes. Talk to you all tomorrow Nyda
Old 08-12-2013, 01:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great start Nyda!

I hope to hear from all of you soon. I listed last week's goals and results below. I will see you all on the new thread for this week after I figure out my goals.

Weeks goals:

1. Post all food that enters my mouth: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2. Walk 20 min. 5 out of the 7 days: No, yes, yes, no, no, no, yes
3. Look for a walking buddy: yes, daughter
4. Continue to try and relieve stress: Yes, no, no, no, yes, yes, no
5. Lose 2 pounds: lost 4 pounds
Old 10-04-2013, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Congratulations!!

You are an inspiration to me! I am starting FitDay again after a long absence. I have over 100 pounds to lose. I am just learning how to do this forum, so I hope I don't put a wrong icon anywhere...
Old 10-18-2013, 08:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Cool New to FitDay

I'm new to Fit Day and looking for support and motivation. I am a lapband patient going on ittle over 3 years ago. I did excellent in first 7 months lost 80 lbs. then after about a year got discouraged with my Husband telling me I was to skinny and looked sick. So I slowly started eating the wrong foods and lots of them so here I am know 184 lbs and working my way to my goal weight of 145. I am considering a revision from my band to the sleeve if insurance cooperates with me. I will succeed either way!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:43 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for info.

Last edited by Shin6745; 01-11-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Shin6745
Thanks for info.
Old 10-07-2023, 06:17 AM
Banned

"Embarking on a challenging task like roof repair falls church can be daunting, but remember, every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. Stay motivated, envision the finished project, and take it one step at a time. With determination and effort, you'll overcome any obstacle that comes your way."