Notices

Forum Thread Truncation Issue

Old 01-03-2013, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Forum Thread Truncation Issue

Hi Support, Happy New Year!

I've run across an issue with the forum discussion board. I'm usually a frequent poster to the boards and this is the first time this issue has appeared.

I posted to a thread this morning, but didn't see the post appear, because the second page of posts to the thread was unavailable to me. When I logged out, I could see the the entire thread. Specifically, when I was logged in, the link to the second page was being redirected incorrectly.

The details are:

I visit page one of the thread in the forum 'support group just women' titled '7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12' and I see it appear with the url below:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...2-31-12-a.html

When I click on page 2 of the link I get redirected back to the link that appears above. The same thing happens when I use the arrow to advance the page - I get redirected back to page one. I can never see page 2 when logged in. Even when I try to mung the url to see page two, I get redirected from [...]thread-12-31-12-a-2.html back to [...]thread-12-31-12-a.html.

If I log out, I can see all the posts in the thread, (with the ads) and never get redirected incorrectly. That is, I can see [...]thread-12-31-12-a-2.html, [...]thread-12-31-12-a-5.html, and all the other pages.

I am a premium member using firefox v. 17.0.1 on a Win-7 OS Dell.

Please let me know if you need more info or help w/ debug.

- Donna Martz

Last edited by dmartz; 01-03-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Issue may be related to caching. Should Cache-Control fields be applied to the response header? There does not appear to be any in the pages I view.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

This happened to me a couple times; I cleared out my cache and it was fine.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
This happened to me a couple times; I cleared out my cache and it was fine.
Yeah, the developers may want to consider adding the Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store header directive to fitday pages. Might also prevent some stale data calcs I see once in a while.