Notices

The 100 Day Challenge

Old 09-25-2012, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb The 100 Day Challenge

This is an intentional double post (also listed in "weight loss tips")...Please don't delete...Thanks

I found this challenge on another site, but thought some of you would enjoy it also… It would have started on the 23rd if I’d caught it in time, but it is a commitment to walk (run, cycle, etc) a minimum of 20 minutes a day for the next 100 days. By the time the New Year rolls around, exercise will be as essential to your day as breathing!

I’m up for the challenge…anyone want to join me?

Last edited by 4.a.healthier.me; 09-25-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Alert to an intentional double post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a great challenge!! I won't commit to it just due to my schedule but wish you success in making the goal!! Hope some others will join you.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Ron,

I kinda thought that there would be some takers on this one, since most people on this board probably do at least that already...but then again, that may be why there haven't been any other responces .
Old 09-26-2012, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 4.a.healthier.me
This is an intentional double post (also listed in "weight loss tips")...Please don't delete...Thanks

I found this challenge on another site, but thought some of you would enjoy it also… It would have started on the 23rd if I’d caught it in time, but it is a commitment to walk (run, cycle, etc) a minimum of 20 minutes a day for the next 100 days. By the time the New Year rolls around, exercise will be as essential to your day as breathing!

I’m up for the challenge…anyone want to join me?
I will do my best to do this with you. I will count my first day as being yesterday being that I went on a 4 mile bike ride and it only took 20 nminutes.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks LMB2011,

I'm going to be loosing my daily computer access in the next few days (my house sitting job will be complete) but will check in about once a week. I figure we can log something like:

Achieved 20 minutes of exercise ? of 7 days
Average daily activity ?? minutes

I'm assuming that if we don't hit all 7 days, the minute average will still keep us encouraged enough to stay on track .

BTW, great mantra at the end of your signature
Old 09-26-2012, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Angela your logging idea sounds good to me. In the past I've been lucky if I hit 5 days a week. Thank you for liking my mantra. It's so fun to say to family memembers when they ask if I'm still dieting. Looking forward to seeing how far we can go with this challenge.

Achieved 20 minutes of exercise ? of 7 days
Average daily activity 20 minutes
Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 PM
FitDay Member

I'm going to make my weeks Thursday-Wednesday as far as tracking goes so I have a "7 day week" and can get to a computer to log the info on the same day each week.

I've managed 2 of 7 days (but then, I only started the challenge 2 days ago, so I guess that is 100% so far )

150 Min/2 Day = 75 Min Av

BTW I don't drive, so I'll have pretty high day/week totals. All public trans is at least 1/2 mile away, so if I want to do anything on my own, I'm guaranteed a "workout"...

I work from home, so now all I have to do is motivate myself to want to go somewhere
Old 09-28-2012, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

i did complete. my days except for today (fri) went straight from work to pick my grandson up. hopefully he wil go to sleep soon and i can get some exercise in, we will be up at the track field together before work tomorrow . hope i can keep up...... thanks for letting me join in. i like the accountability. it will be nice to see the results in 90 some more days.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default 9/29-10/3

I've been out of town for most of the past week, but still managed to get some activity in.

185 min/5 of 7 days/ 37 min av

Hope everyone is doing well, and good luck accomplishing all of the goals you set for yourselves .
Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

For me this really has been a challenge. I thought I would be able to get up in the morning and go walking every day. I have only made getting uping and going walking 1 day. But I have put in my walking video's and two miles kicked my but yesterday. I feel it's because the pace in a lot faster then what I normally walk. I am sticking with it though, as I have great support from my nutrion edicator and doctor. My edicator when she first looked at my numbers thought I had lost 50lbs in one year. My weight lost that I have recored on here matched with the clinic
I even got suggested to ask my doctor about decreasing my metformin dose I'm hoping next month that really does happen, since my doctor is talking about possably starting me on another medication that would help to continue in my progress of losing weight. I think the doctor is noticing my weight is starting to level off because the change is only 1 to 2 pounds in three months. Even though numbers are important from the "health" side of things, but the "high" that I get from getting in my daily activity has the greatest effect on how I feel, along with family members who haven't seen me for awhile say, "girl you look good." Oh and I most say I loved being able to pull a pair of jeans on the other day with out having to unzip or button them. They where strait out of the dryer too. So even if my numbers aren't showing much change, I now I'm still changing based on how my close are fitting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.