Notices

What is your favorite summer Olympic event

Old 07-29-2012, 09:01 PM
FitDay Member

Question What is your favorite summer Olympic event

Mine are:

Diving (except synchronized)

Swimming

Gymnastics (except rhythmic dance...the one with ribbons)
Old 07-30-2012, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mine are the same, although I have to say I'm not fond of synchronized diving. Was disappointed with gymnastics this year since some didn't make it through to the next round.
Did you watch the opening ceremonies? i have a friend that lives in England who was lucky enough to win tickets to watch them rehearse for opening ceremonies. I watched at 4pm and she watched at 9pm so it was like we were watching it together.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:43 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, I did manage to watch the opening this year. The pace of the music sure made it go faster ... Perhaps other countries will consider that when they plan their opening programs from now on???

The men's team final was awful tonight... They didn't even bother to show the last 3 stations for the US on prime time programming
Old 08-01-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

I love the swimming and gymnastics. I'm British ( Scottish) but I was yelling at the tv when Phelps was swimming last night, he was amazing.
The opening ceremony was amazing, I felt very proud to be British.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by edinburghgirl
...I was yelling at the tv when Phelps was swimming last night, he was amazing...
It was really cool to watch the relay race (I assume that is the one you were yelling at). He made history again and still had (has?) 3 races to go . Should be interesting to see what the final count ends up at...but he does say that this is his last go of it.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, but also the one where he was beaten by Chad le Clos. I was so moved by le Clos and by how Phelps rose to the occasion and was supportive of le Clos.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

I enjoy all of the water sports except for water polo. Gymnastics are entertaining too. I have a friend who only watches the gymnastics for the falls. lol

These silly Olympics tho...by the time it's all over, my weight gain will be around 5lbs! AGH! I just can't stop the munchies while sitting on the couch.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by alleysgurl
...I just can't stop the munchies while sitting on the couch.
Try walking in place or doing jumping jacks durring comercials. You can also make your snacks fresh fruits or veggies...maby some unbuttered air popped corn .
Old 08-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by alleysgurl
I enjoy all of the water sports except for water polo. Gymnastics are entertaining too. I have a friend who only watches the gymnastics for the falls. lol

These silly Olympics tho...by the time it's all over, my weight gain will be around 5lbs! AGH! I just can't stop the munchies while sitting on the couch.
My dentist would probably frown on it, but whenever I sit for a long stretch (working, reading, movie night, sports on tv), I fill a big cup with crushed ice, pour over something like a Vitamin Water Zero or a low calorie Fuze, and just crunch away. Keeps my mouth busy, definitely hydrates, 15 calories max, and my tongue gets so numb I forget about snacking .
Old 08-04-2012, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

I have an exercise ball I bounce or roll around on when I'm watching tv. I love my exercise ball, its no much fun, makes me feel like a kid again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.