Notices

What is the best diet to loose body fat?

Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow What is the best diet to loose body fat?

Hi,

I am new to this site, just joined today

I have been on my weight loss journey for a while now and have lost 22kg in total but now just have 6kg to go.

What i realised this week is that even though i am so close to my goal weight i am still holding ALOT of body fat (33%)!

So my question is "what is the best diet i can do to loose body fat?"

I do aerobic cardio about 4 times a week for atleat an hour each time and some weights, is this enough?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Cheers,
Lisa
Old 03-03-2012, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default And the "Best Diet" is...

Hi and welcome to FitDay.

As far as I'm concerned the best diet is to "Eat Clean" and use calorie tracking to aid in that goal. That's how I've done it and my % body fat continues to drop even though I'm no longer trying to lose weight.

For more information check out these threads, especially the Tips for Weight Loss:

FitDay's Best of Series
Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

Hi. I am also new to the site and have about 25kg to loose. If you are loosing weight and your body fat percentage is still high it could indicate that you are loosing lean muscle and not actual fat. To correct this you need to eat more protein at each meal. There are many sites that will help you calculate your daily protein needs.

You could also maybe have a look at the zone diet. It has a 40:30:30 ratio for each meal (Carbs: protein:fat). Also, you may want to look at doing some resistance training to build some lean muscle which in turn will burn body fat.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with frgnprnces that getting a higher percentage of your calories from protein would be a good thing. I would recommend you restructure your workouts to include less cardio and more weight training. Cardio is great for burning calories but unfortuneatly some of those calories burned are muscle and not fat as we would all perfer. Lift with enough weight so you can only perform 6 repetitions before you lose form or cannot complete the movement. Do 3 to 4 sets of each movement. This will help you build a lean muscle base (but you have to get enough protein).

I did some calculation to show just how lacking I believe you are in muscle. I have made some assumptions because I don't know your current weight or your goal and I have converted the numbers to pounds from Kg. Assuming you are moving toward a goal of 125 lb/56.8kg. A good Bodyfat percentage for a woman (I assumed this from your user name) would be 18% or 22.5lb/10.2 kg fat and 102.5lb/46.6 kg of lean body weight.

You stated that you had 6 kg/13.2lb to go so guessing your current weight around 62.8kg/138.2lb. If you are currently at 33% bodyfat then you have 45.6lb/20.7kg of fat and 92.6lb/42.1kg of lean body weight.

That is almost 10lbs/4.5kg of muscle that you are lacking. To acheive 18% bodyfat with your current muscle you would have to weigh only 113lb/51.4kg!

You should be trying to consume approximately 100 grams of protein a day (1g per pound of lean body weight) to gain the needed muscle. Congratulations on your success so far.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Primal Blueprint / paleo / caveman diet / hunter gatherer
Since I started eating like a hunter gatherer I don't need to count calories, exercise less, am not hungry, no more cardio = insatiable appetite, and still am losing/changing. I initially lost 20lbs in about a month. Now 6 months in I am 10lb under my lowest adult weight, I have stagnated. But my body is still changing, pants fit looser, face looks slimmer, wedding ring getting loser. Best of all I don't feel bloated all the time like I use to. Once it warms up I will start walking daily again. I believe that will be enough to start losing again. . At 45years old it's the best I have ever felt.
1. Eliminate grains
2. Balance omega 3/6
3. Eat more grass-fed beef
4. Eat lots fresh veggies
5. Eat lots of fat - coconut, butter, animal fats - 50%+ of calories
Old 03-12-2012, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Lisa, I saw your thread and hope this helps. I was up to 210lbs a couple years back and managed to get down to 170 on the HGC diet. It worked great for me and came highly recommended from a couple friends as well. Oh and I've managed to keep it of too

Last edited by mecompco; 03-12-2012 at 06:14 AM. Reason: SPAM link
Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I just restarted. Was on Weight Watcher over a year ago. Still weigh what I did before or weigh it again. What works best for me, doesn't for everyone. Tracking is essential. That's why I'm on Fit Day. WW calculations were not for me. Fit Day showed I was very low on Vit D and when I was tested, it was very right and I had to go on supplements. I like knowing where I stand nutritionally and tweaking it. This time I am commited to stick with it. Whatever you can do and stick with is right for you. I need filling food and food that sticks with me through the day. Right now I'm stressing protein, fruit and vegetables and only high fiber carbs,
Old 08-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bjhans
What works best for me, doesn't for everyone. Tracking is essential...Whatever you can do and stick with is right for you.
Truer words were never spoken. Welcome to FitDay!
Old 08-26-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ashleyhd
Some simple weight loss tips are given as follows:
•***Avoid eating the food items which contains the carbohydrates like rice and bread.
•***Follow your simple and regular diet. Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet.
•***To improve your metabolism drink at least 7-8 glasses of water each day.
•***Don't eat much only at once. Instead of it try to take your food in three intervals. This will help you to feel you that your stomach is full.
•***Don't include much spicy, oily or sweets in your diet. This food items increases the fats on body.
Not sure if I follow how spicy food will increase fat on the body...can you cite an article or report on this.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:45 PM
FitDay Member

The best diet includes lots of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and very less diary products. Sugar can be substituted by using natural sweeteners such as honey, stevia , maple syrup etc. A healthy meal should include food having carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and possible amount of fats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.