Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > FitDay Custom Foods
I need Custom Food Nutritional help 16" Pepperoni Pizza no crust >

I need Custom Food Nutritional help 16" Pepperoni Pizza no crust

Notices

I need Custom Food Nutritional help 16" Pepperoni Pizza no crust

Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default I need Custom Food Nutritional help 16" Pepperoni Pizza no crust

I seem to have found that Fitday's pizza nutritional info differs from other sites. It also does not have a no crust option nor are there many pizza sizes available. From my research I gathered the average calories for a 16" pepperoni pizza slice is 342 cals I also determined that the same slice with out crust is 227 cals. I feel like this is inaccurate but think the figure for a whole slice is accurate. For reference a 15" pizza with meat slice is 412 cal on Fitday. The way I got to 227 cals for a slice with no crust was I looked at the cals for pizza dough/crust and subtracted from 342 cals(crust does not mean the little bit at the end of the pizza it was the entire bread part for a pizza, although I am trying to figure out how many calories it is with out the bit at the end of the pizza). It seems a bit low not only in comparison to Fitday but also to my other number, a near 1/3 cals lower from not having crust. It just seems off. Plz help.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

I would suggest using a recipe builder site to put in the ingredients and figure out the info. There's really no way of telling how much of any one pizza slice is due to crust, toppings, etc. Crusts are different thicknesses and unless you have a weight, you don't know if what yours is and how it matches up to a website total.

Pizza has a huge variation. I've gotten to the point where I either order from a place that posts their calories (and go by weight of slice) or, more frequently, make it at home, and I've loaded all the ingredients into a recipe builder.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

I realize that it would be difficult to truly know the nutritional information for all pizza but I'm looking for an average for 16" pepperoni pizza slice with out crust. Knowing the average would be good enough for me as I think pizza couldn't really vary all too much, the main factors at play are size and toppings, the exact amount and crust size shouldn't cause too much of a variation in relation to an average. And I did weigh my pizza crusts the last time I had pizza and used some information on another site to determine the cals/weight. What website do you use as a recipe builder?
Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

If you Google "recipe builder," it's the first one that comes up. I'm hesitant to provide a link because it is a competitor site, and I'd rather not get on the bad side of the moderators .

Realistically, though, other than doing a search of "calories crustless pizza," and taking an average of what you find, I can't imagine where to get an average value.

I read an article a while ago and they did study the calorie counts for pizza, and they were notoriously inaccurate, so I think taking your best educated guess is one thing, but you could eventually reach a point of diminishing returns by which you spend so much time trying to figure it out that it drives you nuts.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, we've allowed a way for people to find those links and this information is available in our FAQ's.

@derpderpderp1: If you're eating that much pizza, that providing ballpark nutritional information when you create a Custom Food is not good enough, then in my opinion you really need to be rethinking what you're doing. Sorry but that's my opinion.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Cassie, we've allowed a way for people to find those links and this information is available in our FAQ's.

@derpderpderp1: If you're eating that much pizza, that providing ballpark nutritional information when you create a Custom Food is not good enough, then in my opinion you really need to be rethinking what you're doing. Sorry but that's my opinion.
That's great I've been eating pizza once a week for a few months now and have been losing 1lb of fat per week of which was my intention. I know it is fat that I'm losing because I eat .75-1g of protein/lb bw a day and lift weights 3 times a week and they haven't gone down. I can eat anything I want to, still lose just fat and maintain my lifts. All I have to do is a little planning in advanced which entails what activities I would be doing that day and what I would be eating. I have stepped up my fat loss to 2lbs/week and even on pizza day I keep a 1000cal deficit unlike months previous when I was losing 1lb/week, I wouldn't have a deficit that day but still lose 1lb in a week. I do not need to be rethinking what I'm doing because I am doing this in the best way possible, losing lbs of fat and maintaining my lifts wile eating w/e. Of course if I intended to lose 2lbs/week and was not then I would have to rethink but this is not the case and I doubt it will be as I am very meticulous when it comes to this hence wanting to know specifically the calorie content for a 16" pepperoni pizza slice with no crust. For a long time I used Fitday's 1/8 of a 12" to log my pizza because I didn't care, the weight was being lost and then I decided to be more accurate so I logged it as 15" but now I want to be crystal clear by having the correct info for a 16" pepperoni pizza slice with no crust.

And rereading what you said I am unsure of my ballpark figure because it differs so much from Fitday.

edit
Don't mind me I'm BiPolar.

Last edited by derpderpderp1; 02-13-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Point noted, Vito...but I had the ulterior motive of avoiding report-writing, so I tried to be Helpful Poster.

Although the way this thread has gone reminds me of a phrase my husband uses, usually in regard to me, so don't take it personally..."analysis paralysis."
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

"Analysis Paralysis" sounds like the title of a new rap song.