FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread 12/17/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8761-7-day-motivational-thread-12-17-12-a.html)

jjrudd 12-17-2012 01:32 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/17/12

Good morning all. Last week before Christmas festivities (and extra food). Have slight cold (mostly sinus pain/pressure):mad: so I don't have too much energy lately.

Goals will be simple
1. Drink lots of water
2. Get rest
3. Eat sensibly
4. More fruits and veggies

Jenn

dmartz 12-17-2012 01:43 AM

• Cholesterol < 225:
  • Do something this week I've never done before:
  • Exercise > 40 mins 3x:
  • Don't be grumpy:

canary52 12-17-2012 02:19 AM

1) Plan meals
2) stick close to plan
3) under 1500 calories
4) 6 glasses of water
5) stretch
6) write

Thanks for starting us, Jenn, even though you're not feeling well. Your goals seem very sensible. I hope you feel better.

canary52 12-17-2012 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 93131)
  • Cholesterol < 225:
  • Do something this week I've never done before:
  • Exercise > 40 mins 3x:
  • Don't be grumpy:

I love goals #2 and 4. #2 is very original; I'm curious to hear how it goes.

canary52 12-17-2012 02:24 AM

Plan:
egg whites and ham
salad and tuna
fish and veg
snacks:
fruit
nuts
goat cheese or cheese stick or sardines

blkblueanimegrl 12-17-2012 05:20 AM

Jenn - I'm in the same boat as you; I've been sick since last Thursday and it has only been getting worse. Today, finally, is a little better. Haven't had much energy, so I'm with you on simple goals this week! Thanks for starting us off :)

Goals:
1. Less than 1750 calories/day
2. Exercise
3. Stretch
4. Lots of fluids
5. Cook a couple meals

Best of luck everyone! Time to finish lunch and get back to work! :)

amalthea1892 12-17-2012 06:06 AM

Goals
Water:
Tea:
Vitamin:
Gym 2x:
Bump up the fruits/veggies:
Scale back the carb-filled goodies:
Work 30hrs:
Relax:

Christmas party Saturday night went great! But when hosting a pot-luck ya never know what to expect, and turned out that everyone brought meat dishes, without a green veggie in sight… I ate Korean pork, French beef Bourguignon, Swedish meatballs, rice, potatoes, lemon bars, gingerbread cake, bread and dip, plenty of vino, and an ice cream sundae. Sunday I was not feeling so hot… but still managed to eat left-overs :rolleyes:. Today I am 0.6 lbs up from last week! SO I vow to up the greens, avoid red meat at all costs, and avoid (to the best of my ability) carby goodies for the next 5 days. No promises for this weekend though! DH and I are planning a nice dinner out Saturday, just the two of us – such a rare event that I plan to enjoy every morsel of it without the slightest bit of guilt! So the next 5 days I better avoid being too naughty!

Feel better Jen and Krystal!

Hope - I love your goals! I need to do better with the meal planning, good job keeping up with that every day! Today is grocery day so good time for me to start off right!

Donna - Curious about #2 as well. I love the don't be grumpy goal :p.

bojibridge 12-17-2012 06:21 AM

Hey guys!

I had an awful weekend, food-wise. Weight's up today to the highest it's been since I lost weight in the first place. We just had a holiday lunch party thing in my department, and I ate everything in sight! Ugh.

But! I'm here. So that's good.

canary52 12-17-2012 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 93146)
Hey guys!

I had an awful weekend, food-wise. Weight's up today to the highest it's been since I lost weight in the first place. We just had a holiday lunch party thing in my department, and I ate everything in sight! Ugh.

But! I'm here. So that's good.

Yes you are here and THAT IS GOOD. And we will help you cause that's what we motivators are all about. And ya know you can do it...

Ama, up only .6 from what you described? Take heart!!! It will be gone soon!!!

Krystal and Jenn, feel better!!!

cjohnson728 12-17-2012 02:49 PM

Hi ladies...we are just ladies, so far, right? Where are the guys?

I agree with simple goals.

1. Show up here daily and post.
2. Eat mindfully.

I will try to check in tomorrow with y'all and expand these goals. Today was crazy and I am brain dead. Plus I have biscotti in the oven and if start chatting, it won't be good! Glad to see you all here; let's have a great week!