Notices

Question regarding calories burned

Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default Question regarding calories burned

I am new to maintaining a daily log....so far I like it. I have a question regarding the calorie burn on the "lifestyle" part of the activity log...so am I burning these calories just by doing everyday tasks, etc.? Currently, I enter the amount of activity from the gym (both circuit training and treadmill) but this lifestyle expenditure seems rather large....any comments?
Old 07-23-2012, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,

I agree, it does seem like a lot. I think I remember reading somewhere that the program estimates high. I want it to be accurate though, so I have a good idea of what my calorie intake should really be.

~ Michelle
Old 07-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

It is not technically necessary to do so, as the program supposedly has it built in, but some of us find it makes it a bit more accurate (calorie deficit vs. weight loss) if we log in our sleep. This brings the calories burned per day down a bit.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hey nice place to get knowledge about health.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-23-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
It is not technically necessary to do so, as the program supposedly has it built in, but some of us find it makes it a bit more accurate (calorie deficit vs. weight loss) if we log in our sleep. This brings the calories burned per day down a bit.
I've found that if I don't enter my sleep time the count is WAY off. I'm not sure if that is because of the major differences in time throughout the week, (from 2hr one day, to 10hr another) but I would suggest trying it to see if the new number makes more sense to you.