Notices

Reasons I'm Sticking With Fitday

Old 05-14-2012, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Reasons I'm Sticking With Fitday

#1 I use it! I have tried other free sites and never stuck with them. Fitday is not perfect however I compare it to changing grocery stores. I always end up going back to the one I like even though I might be paying more.

#2 It's free. I spent 5 hours trying to get tech support from my telecommunications company this past 3 days. I pay over a $100.00 monthly for my plan and it still took them several days and me on the phone 3-4 hours to fix my problem. I don't expect better service from a free program.

#3. I expect all programs have their issues. I used a paid weight loss online program for 2 years and liked it but it was not perfect. I quit because I thought I could do it alone - not because of the problems in the program.

I like my community here. I wish everyone luck whether they are here for a day, a year or the rest of their lives. We all have the same goal and need to find our best supports to get us there.

Mary
Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It keeps me honest and acountable. Although the logging comes and goes these days, whenever I drift into the old bad habits FitDay is always here to show me where I am going wrong.

You'd think I would know that all by myself by now... but it is amazing how easy it is to decieve onself .
Old 05-14-2012, 06:12 PM
FitDay Member

I agree with you both. The reason I'd add is that it's pretty simple. FitDay is trimmed down and bare bones enough that people shouldn't have to rely on it forever to lead a healthy life. Since there are no bells and whistles, the user doesn't have to be removed from the process as with some other sites that mysteriously come up with a point value or letter grade for certain foods. FitDay rewards you for sticking with it -- once you know its quirks and how to work around some known problems, it can be pretty darn accurate. This has been shown time and time again. Sure you have to put in the work "up front" to add your custom foods and whatnot, but once you get used to it, having that kind of control within this simple platform is all you really need.

I have not tried other sites, but I *have* tried keeping track of nutrition-related things in a notebook and FitDay is better for that purpose hands down.

I personally feel that when people find major faults (beyond just preference for one site over another) with FitDay, their gripes function as a sort of excuse. Just because Fitday doesn't do absolutely everything does not mean you cannot log your foods, loose weight, and get a handle on your habits by using this site.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

The reason why I am sticking to Fit Day is that 10 years ago I use to use Fit day to maintain my weight. Life happened and I gained 88 pounds. I felt that I needed to get back to my roots and Fit Day keeps me centered. It is hard sometimes but it makes me accountable for what I eat. It helps me to know that I have others who are willing to give advice or an ear. It also helps me to keep my eye on the prize and focus on my overall nutrition.

Started May 29, 2012
Highest Weight 225
Current Weight 222
Mini Goal Weight 200
Goal Weight 140
Old 06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

I like the simplicity of fitday. It's an easy site that helps me track what I do. That simple. It's part of my comfort zone, and I love the forums.