FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Who does the grocery shopping? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/6694-who-does-grocery-shopping.html)

canary52 12-11-2012 02:28 PM

Lately we've both been doing the food shopping together. But though he does SO MUCH around the house, I'm better at the food shopping. When he goes, I get about 30 phone calls from him minutely describing things and asking questions. I don't get it: an amazing businessman/brilliant mathematical mind but he can't buy a navel orange without phone support?

Absentha 12-13-2012 01:08 AM

My parents buy their stuff and I buy mine since they can't seem to get in their heads the idea that white meat is healthier than chocolates.

egr683 04-28-2013 10:06 AM

I'm the one who cooks, and I know what food/casserole swaps (see note at end of post) are planned, so I make the list and we go together.

Food/casserole swaps happen between my niece, her daughter and myself. When any one of us makes a oven\time-intensive dish (meatloaf, lasagna, roasted chicken, or any type of casserole or soup) we make three and package two for the freezer. Once or twice a week, we get together and swap. Yesterday I went with two batches of turkey asparagus bake and two batches of Santa Fe Chicken. I came home with an eggplant lasagna, a batch of homemade French onion soup, a low-fat King Ranch casserole, and a half-dozen low-fat bean burritos -- all ready for the freezer.

Dollfaise 11-24-2013 12:11 AM

I do the majority of the shopping. My boyfriend will go Saturday morning if we're out of bacon or something because we have a tradition of cooking a nice breakfast every Saturday. But other than that, I am mostly in charge of shopping. He likes to come along, just to be with me, but he pushes the cart and follows while I actually pick the food. :)

BuxomBette 04-14-2014 03:44 PM

I do the grocery shopping, my husband is disabled and retired. I tend to buy what he wants, I am the enabler that ruins our diets.

Abner72 05-13-2014 05:24 PM

I suggest you to try kodwhat.com because it has a huge collection of grocery and accessories, it offers a different kind of online shopping packages.

Loven1964 07-28-2014 08:05 AM

I do all of the shopping. I really would not want to do it any other way either – if I let my partner pick up the groceries I know that half of the food in the bag would be junk food and the other half would be something that I did not need.

rainbow24 08-02-2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Loven1964 (Post 110176)
I do all of the shopping. I really would not want to do it any other way either – if I let my partner pick up the groceries I know that half of the food in the bag would be junk food and the other half would be something that I did not need.

I hear you. I had a recent hospital stay. I hadn't done the shopping before being rushed to emergency, so the family had to take care of themselves.
I had to stop and shop on my way home from the CCU. Three people had shopped while I was away.
My husband bought Ritz Crackers, Coke, and Pringles.
My son bought bread and frozen chicken patties.
My daughter bought marshmallows and frozen mixed vegetables.

WoodyHertz_ 08-26-2014 04:51 AM

We like to shop together. It gives a chance to argue in public.

Kathy13118 08-27-2014 03:06 AM

'It gives a chance to argue in public. '

Nothing like a good food fight!