Notices

Summer's End

Old 09-15-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Summer's End

I thought it was bad enough that I bought a 2012 Daytimer today. Tonight I had to wear two sweaters and gloves for my walk! Of course in Canada it can be frost tonight and beach weather tomorrow.

Summer is almost over. How did everyone do?

Last summer I gained 15 pounds. This summer I have lost about 8 pounds and gained a lot of fitness. Now ready for some serious fall weightloss.

Mary
Old 09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

The weight loss has not been as fast as I had hoped, but I have been steadily losing so I'm pleased. For the first time this season we had to put on jackets to go walking. My daughter, age three, had a time today. We walked about 1/2 a mile to our neighbor who recently purchased a horse. It came right up to the fence and she got to see it up close eating grass, snorting, and stomping. Pretty great day to herald in the fall!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, fall is coming fast. In the 30s here this morning and the leaves are starting to fall

Not a bad summer, had a bunch of fun and still managed to lose thirty-odd pounds.

Getting ready to gear up for winter and not looking forward to it. Without my "insulation" I'm going to freeze!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-16-2011, 05:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

We'll still be in summer for another month, but the days are getting shorter, the kids are back in school, and there is a little bit of a nip in the air at night - or what counts as a nip in Southern California.

This has been a great summer fitness wise (the job has sucked, but that's another story).

After the doldrums of late summer, I often find fall invigorating.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi

Last summer I gained 15 pounds. This summer I have lost about 8 pounds and gained a lot of fitness. Now ready for some serious fall weightloss.

Mary
Summer is when I'm watching my weight the most... It's fall/winter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, that I usually gain weight.