Notices

Irene

Old 08-29-2011, 06:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hope,
Sounds like you got hit pretty badly! I'm so sorry, but gladded to see that no one was injured. Hopefully at least the electricity is back on. Good luck getting every thing cleaned up - my best wishes are with you and your family.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, I am so sorry that you are hit hard by Irene. I can't even imagine how hard it is to clean up a flooded basement.
Glad that no one hurt.
Take care,
Mai
Old 08-30-2011, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you guys. You're so sweet and i appreciate the support. We are still cleaning tho I pulled my back and knee out bailing water. Got our power and hot water back. Really feel for people in Katrina and real disasters. Ours was just a hassle; it was a bummer to lose some precious momentoes. But we're OK and that's what counts.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad it wasn't worse. We didn't even lose power at my house, but many did and there was a little flooding and tree limb damage.

My boss lost power for a couple of days so I lent him my genny since we didn't need it (this time). Hopefully there are no more big storms on the horizon!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-31-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

You are generous with lending the genny; our friends came over and tried to get our generator working to no avail. our house and yard still look like a rummage sale. we are still trying to get the layers of mud off the floor and sorting and bagging possessions to recover, donate or toss. and i am taking aleve on a regular basis since this is literally back breaking work. on the up side maybe I will burn a few calories!!! that is, if i can stop stress eating (not from this)

how did people deal with losing everything? amen to no more storms.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Been thinking about VaBeachGirlNYC...both those places in the line of fire; hope all is okay with you!

Thank you.

Some parts of the beach got hit pretty hard, some not. I did have damage but am still lucky compared to others who lost their lives and those who's homes were destroyed by one of the tornado's the hurricane caused.

I hope everyone else came through ok.